Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Warrior Threat Idea

Yes, we have. Almost every single person here has. You're just not willing to listen.

Really seam?

I went back and reread it all.

Are your examples of support, "Its not broken?", "I don't need a proc", or "AOE Tanking isn't broken".

If these are your examples then clearly, you don't know what a supporting idea is when blizzard has to keep fixing things to try to get them right yet they still keep getting messed up.

I think you should use your head before you respond or tell me how im not listening cause honestly if it wasn't broken then why is blizzard touching it?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksalot
    But, not a single person here has given a reason that is supported on why i would not work.
    Procs are bad for tanking. We want consistency.

That is why it would not work. I've been trying to be polite the whole thread, but seriously learn to read.

And use my head? Go read elitist jerks, tankspot, or anywhere, and see how they feel about procs.

if it wasn't broken then why is blizzard touching it?
    Buffing our dps does not mean they wanted to buff our threat.

Will we get threat from it? Yes.
    Was that the reason for the change? No.

Threat is not something their fixing. Threat is not something that needs fixed.

charge> cleave/devastate > shift cleave/devastate thunderclap > repeat... Seriously l2p warriors are fine

If you have problems with AoE threat as a warrior I'm not sure how you got into a MT position on your #1 guild on the server. Everyone wants to be like a pally, just sit on one target and push a button to constantly gain aggro on multiple.

That is not a warrior.

Our single target threat is so high that we just need to tab around and put threat on each target one at a time.

Warrior AoE threat is in no-way-shape-or-form a problem. You just need a major dose of L2P a Prot Warrior.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Its seems like you need to read and understand the above websites. Its all about threat/gear/mitigation/pvp not scaling properly.

Proc consistency, you say, it would be consistant, just as much as your threat it. Your reasoning for not having a proc is OMG it didn't proc and I lost, couldn't hold, aggro. That would never be the case.

And as far as it not working, you are wrong sir. Other MMOs have used the sort of thing, and prolly still use it to this day. I think you are both naive and ignorant to say it wouldn't work when it has worked.

Yes they look down on procs but that doesn't mean they are things we should veer away from. If blizzard really cared so much about tanks not liking procs, then whats up with Last Word?

As far as warrior aoe threat, this is about all tanks in general, not warrior aoe tanking like every seems to think. I mentioned once that it would help in warrior aoe tanking, just once, and here we go about it being something to fix aoe tanking. AOE tanking is fine atm, however it does take more work. And no paladins aren't better than it than us. With us its all about timing.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Its seems like you need to read and understand the above websites. Its all about threat/gear/mitigation/pvp not scaling properly.

Proc consistency, you say, it would be consistant, just as much as your threat it. Your reasoning for not having a proc is OMG it didn't proc and I lost, couldn't hold, aggro. That would never be the case.

And as far as it not working, you are wrong sir. Other MMOs have used the sort of thing, and prolly still use it to this day. I think you are both naive and ignorant to say it wouldn't work when it has worked.

Yes they look down on procs but that doesn't mean they are things we should veer away from. If blizzard really cared so much about tanks not liking procs, then whats up with Last Word?

As far as warrior aoe threat, this is about all tanks in general, not warrior aoe tanking like every seems to think. I mentioned once that it would help in warrior aoe tanking, just once, and here we go about it being something to fix aoe tanking. AOE tanking is fine atm, however it does take more work. And no paladins aren't better than it than us. With us its all about timing.
    Ive been pretty polite and straight forward in my responses to you yet you continue to argue and say "it works, you're not understanding!" just as much as we are all saying "procs are inconsistent". Now, I feel inclined to not keep this argument going because you're obviously set in your mind about how awesome this would be despite the fact that no one agrees BUT since you say tons of shit I can respond to, I will.

What? Never said OMG it didnt proc I lost aggro. That's not the issue. The issue is why fucking use an INCONSISTENT form of threat with windows of it not happening? Why not just fucking buff threat in defensive stance as a whole? I don't get your reasoning at all, one bit.

As far as saying it wouldn't work, I never personally said that. Sure other MMO's have used it but this is WoW, not other MMO's. And as far as working, sure, I have no doubt that a proc that creates added threat would... omg create added threat. But is it smart? Is it the best adjustment? No. Fuck no.

1. Warrior forums
    2. You continue to say FIX AOE and we continue to say THERE IS NOTHING TO FIX, then you say I DIDNT SAY THERE WAS! - yes the hell you did, and again, there is nothing wrong with our threat.
    3. Yes, Paladins are "better" at it than us regardless of difficulty levels. Stop comparing tanks and talk warrior business in this forum.

If these are your examples then clearly, you don't know what a supporting idea is when blizzard has to keep fixing things to try to get them right yet they still keep getting messed up.
    You want some support to our ideas that shit isn't broke? How about I don't lose aggro on 5+ mobs? Or, perhaps that I can tank a whole heroic with Thunderfury on, keep aggro at all times and still pull 2500 dps. Or, better yet, how about the fact that I do 5K+ dps on raid trash and not one dps pulls from me. I can tank H HoR in the middle of the room and never have a mob hit anyone AND not use CC. Here, fuck it, have some pictures for proof.

I think you should use your head before you respond or tell me how im not listening cause honestly if it wasn't broken then why is blizzard touching it?
    They aren't? They buffed devastate damage and SS threat to counter the SS damage nerf. How is that touching it. That's called balancing. Has jack shit to do making us better.

Blizzard should try to get away from fixing something every time something changes this would help move in that direction.
    How exactly is making a weapon proc threat ground breaking? How is that one inconsistent thing going to perfectly balance warriors, and all other tanks for that matter as you say, for all time? The game evolves, we change. That's just how it works. Even with the proc enchant, things would evolve and change.

You all keep saying the same thing without supporting information of any kind to back up why not to use a threat proc. Reasons like I don't like relying on a proc, or its not broken. But, not a single person here has given a reason that is supported on why i would not work.
    Why it would not work has been said over and over. You say "you all keep saying the same thing" and that doesn't clue you in? Here I'll make it REALLY clear.

WowWiki:
    It has been proven however that enchantment procs are based on something called Procs per Minute (PpM, PPM, or ppm). This in essence makes slower weapons, especially on a class like a rogue with instant attacks boosting their attacks per minute like crazy, actually proc more than faster weapons.

So, in essence, we would need a slower weapon to get the best benefit from a PPM and guess what? We don't use them (well at least I don't). And you can just counter with "OH LAWLS JUST UP THE PPM!" Why man? Why not just make it a fucking permanent threat enchant like armsman? Why even HAVE an enchant? JUST BOOST THREAT IN DEFENSIVE STANCE. And, what really just blows my mind with you is your entire argument of "I NEVER SAID THREAT WAS BAD BUT WE NEED A PROC ENCHANT TO FIX THREAT" GAH! Come on. Use your fucking head. We don't need that shit and if we DID have threat issues then FFS do something other than a shit ass Proc weapon enchant. /done

Unless you allowed it to proc of not only white swings. And dude you need to calm down you might hurt yourself. Im glad you can tank that shit you rock. Im geared enough not to have to ever run that shit, but yes i can tank it to. And I would be fine if they left warriors alone. But they won't because little bitches like you will always whine about something. So I made a suggestion that wouldnt effect pvp ever. And you don't like it thats awesome.

Its great simply great.

You are so polite man god I just wanna hug you.

But honestly talking to you is like talking to a broken record. You only make yourself look stupid when you are so set on something not happening that you can't provide why it would be bad.

EQ is a prime example of tanking weapon procs. I guess the PpM was a stupid idea there as well, right.

You sir are a complete douche.

No sir you are wrong im not saying fix threat. What I am saying is modify it to where we dont have to keep dealing with balancing issues of pvp /pve.

Since there is so much to reply to, and you seem slow on the upkeep, I'll go line by line... again.

Unless you allowed it to proc of not only white swings.
    What?

And dude you need to calm down you might hurt yourself.
    I am pretty calm actually. I just hate trying to teach a wall.

Im glad you can tank that shit you rock. Im geared enough not to have to ever run that shit, but yes i can tank it to
    I wasn't posting shit to flex an epeen. You wanted "proof" and "examples" I merely gave them to you. I know what I am capable of, I was not trying to say I am amazing or better than anyone else. I was simply giving you what you requested.

And I would be fine if they left warriors alone. But they won't because little bitches like you will always whine about something.
    I have never actually bitched about the warrior class and I have been playing since the game released as a warrior. So, I really don't know how "little bitches like me" can whine about something, when clearly, I am not the one whining here. You're the one saying there is an issue which makes you what? this whole sentence was full of butt hurt and kindergarten lash outs because you aren't having anyone agree with you. On top of it all, you say "I would be fine if they left warriors alone", so why are you wanting to add in a proc?

You are so polite man god I just wanna hug you.
    Sarcasm, clearly. But from the get go I was polite and had a decent debate with you about it. So hug away.

But honestly talking to you is like talking to a broken record. You only make yourself look stupid when you are so set on something not happening that you can't provide why it would be bad.
    This is called irony. If you can't see it yourself then you should look the word up and then see what I mean.

EQ is a prime example of tanking weapon procs. I guess the PpM was a stupid idea there as well, right.
    EQ... enough said.

You sir are a complete douche.
    Retorting with insults, an obvious sign of someone with high levels of intellect. This sentence alone proves me SO wrong about everything I ever wrote!

No sir you are wrong im not saying fix threat.
    ORLY?
    What's this?
    There has been quite a bit of complaining about Warrior AOE threat, Warrior DPS (when compared to other tanks), and prot in PVP.

Quite an easy fix to this would be to make
    This?
    Are your examples of support, "Its not broken?", "I don't need a proc", or "AOE Tanking isn't broken".

I know you would reply with "But threat is fine" then you would just turn right back around and say "we need a threat proc to fix stuff so it balances the game!" I get your idea. I do, believe me. Having an enchant (proc or not) would allow less modifications to abilites to balance pve/pvp. That's what your saying. I. Get. It. But it is not the best option. So what EQ uses/used it? If you would actually read my whole post, not just what you wanted because it got the piss out of you, you would see that I have said it almost every single time. One more time for the people slow on the upkeep, IF it was needed, which it is not, they could make defensive stance cause more threat if they wanted to buff threat. It's really that simple. A proc is unreliable, inconsistent and not the best option to go for. Period.

You are missing the point entirely.

Blizzard should try to get away from fixing something every time something changes this would help move in that direction.

You all keep saying the same thing without supporting information of any kind to back up why not to use a threat proc. Reasons like I don't like relying on a proc, or its not broken. But, not a single person here has given a reason that is supported on why i would not work.
    You're right, we've all given you our opinions on why a proc would be a bad thing.

And you know what, you're right I'm certain that a proc that immediately dumps 5-bajillion threat onto us every 20s would be a great thing for every lazy ass tank out there.

Then blizz could just say "hey, we're going to nerf all tank damage so everyone will be equal." And we'll be right back where we were in BC only now with tons of aggro.

And it will be boring.

I like being able to do a decent amount of damage. I like how the tank DPS is now an important part of the raid as much as their threat is. Also I look forward to dungeons in Cat where they are like HoR. Where you can get by with a really good group just smashing face, but on other groups if you apply just a little bit of crowd control the dungeon becomes smooth as butter.

A proc just isn't the answer for threat. Great for avoidance or mitigation since it makes playing more fun and more interesting for the healers, but it's a terrible way for tanking to go since it will further homogenize the pool.

15+ Year Old Account

Your reasoning for not having a proc is OMG it didn't proc and I lost, couldn't hold, aggro. That would never be the case.
    Then why have it?

If you admit we do plenty of threat anyway, and even if it never procs we won't love aggro, why have it?

For looks? To be lazy?

Edit: Let this thread die. Nothing is coming from it.