Enhancement - Totem or Four Piece?

Hey, I just recently got my Shaman to 80, but I was gearing for Elemental. Now that my elemental set is about as good as it's going to get, and I have a strong interest in enhancement, I've decided to start spending emblems on Enhancement gear. I've already gotten quite a bit of Enhancement gear, and most of it is 232+ except my boots, though I'm getting craftables made soon since the 232's from heroic just will not drop for me, rings and a trinket. Right now, I've got 3 pieces of 232 Tier 9 for Enhancement. I'm also using my Totem of Electrifying Winds (iLvl 245 Triumph Emblem Elemental totem), which I've read is still pretty good for enhancement, since we use Lightning Bolt enough for the haste proc to have a pretty high up time. Now my question is, what would be a bigger DPS increase? Collecting a fourth piece of the Tier (which would be my chest, atm I'm using an ArPen 232 mail chest from one of the new heroics) for the 25% damage bonus to my shocks, or get the "Enhancement" totem (Totem of Quaking Earth)? I'm currently saving Frost Emblems for the Haste trinket with a stacking AP chance on hit effect as it would be my biggest upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Re: Enhancement - Totem or Four Piece?

The tier chest is a good buy....has ideal stats (ap/crit/haste) plus the 4 set bonus is pretty good, the 2 set is really kinda lame you want 4 set fast since shocks are the one ability you can guarantee will always be used every cd since it's not restricted by range, plus it makes weaving a flame shock in your rotation actually effective.

If you were Ele beforehand then just use the 'chance to grant 200 haste on LB cast' totem. In my case it sims up as high as the emblem one (not frost, the one below) if you have it.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf
    plus it makes weaving a flame shock in your rotation actually effective.
    This should be effective regardless of whether or not you have the T9 4-piece. I do, however, agree with grabbing your other T9 piece to complete the set bonus. The ele totem still SIMs =/> the enh totem for most in the T9 gear level so I'm not even sure if I would worry with changing it.

I had read that in single target situations, the Lightning Bolt/Haste totem is the best, but in AoE situations where you use Chain Lightning more than Lightning Bolt, the Lava Lash/AP totem is the best. I'll probably pick up both eventually, but I went ahead and got the 4 piece first. I guess I'll pick up the iLvl 245 Agi ring next, even though it does have ArPen. Hell of a lot better than my iLvl 200 ring.
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne
    even though it does have ArPen
    Stop spreading your nonsensical prejudice against ArP on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF
    Stop spreading your nonsensical prejudice against ArP on these forums.
    Though it's not an entirely wasted stat, it's far less valuable than other stats. Going for ArPen over Haste or Crit as Enhancement is like going for Crit over Haste as elemental.... >_>