Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: I have about 37k HP self-buffed. What could I tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Riek
    You can def tank up to ToC25 no problem, and probably ICC10 as well.
    This if by ICC10 you only mean the first 4. You'll be very sketchy on festergut or rotface. We've done festergut with an alt OT in about your level of gear but it required some funky taunting and me DSing out of the buff as he was extremely swishy during inhale 2 and 3 post certainly would have gibbed him.

With a well geared group and the right skillset you'll get away with tanking ICC 25.

There are some fantastic posts on this forum that will help you to tune up your spec, gear and abilities if you're in doubt.

everybody's dragging about hp, but it's certainly not the only thing. Are you hitcapped, expertisecapped.. all those things matter aswell.. I have a tank in my guild with around 40k unbuffed, and he can hold 4k tps max.. I'd rather take a tank with 35k unbuffed into ICC, who can at least hold every mob attached to him.. yes he might get hit hard sometimes, but that's where healers are for... I tank ICC with no problem with 35k health, never saw a healer complain about it..

just get your rotation right, get a nice amount of gear, and you'll be fine, as long as you know your class

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Flash91
    tbh if you have under 20% dodge, you probably don't have the gear for icc in any form, 10 or 25 man. you start out with ~10%, plus another 5.6 if you are crit capped. thus, at 45 dodge rating per %, you only need approx 4.4*45 (assuming very low diminishing returns, because you have such little dodge), or 198 dodge rating to be at 20% dodge. This is easily accomplished with 2 or 3 pieces of gear from togc or icc. The only pieces of gear in which you would be under 20% dodge would be naxx block gear, basically. I havn't seen a tank under 20% dodge in a long time.
    just for clarity, it is indeed possible to be defense capped AND have 47K HP unbuffed without any dodge rating gear.

the only issue is that you have less than 50% avoidance, which would sink to 37% after chill and totally obliterate you.

also, with current BiS gear found in Rawr for survival, you would have just under 50K unbuffed and have 59% avoidance. this would translate to 39% after chill. if you are fully raidbuffed, you would have 63.5K HP and just under 51.5% avoidance.

so it is no use to gear without dodge rating. you just give up 3K HP and 2% avoidance (actually more if you account for raidbuffs). this would mean MAYHEM for your healers.

Well I just got through with an ICC10 run. I'd say I did alright. But I have another question, would you guys go for Icks Rotting Thumb (113 dodge and 4104 HP on demand) or Essence of Gossamer (110 Stamina and a random shield for a few hundred damange)?
    Yi li lao shu shi, huai le yi guo zhou.
    Translation: A tiny piece of mouse dropping ruins the entire pot of soup.
    Translation Translation: Don't fuck up my Immortal run.

Quote Originally Posted by sithorion
    everybody's dragging about hp, but it's certainly not the only thing. Are you hitcapped, expertisecapped.. all those things matter aswell.. I have a tank in my guild with around 40k unbuffed, and he can hold 4k tps max.. I'd rather take a tank with 35k unbuffed into ICC, who can at least hold every mob attached to him.. yes he might get hit hard sometimes, but that's where healers are for... I tank ICC with no problem with 35k health, never saw a healer complain about it..

just get your rotation right, get a nice amount of gear, and you'll be fine, as long as you know your class
    He's pulling 4k tps instead of the 8-10k tps he should be sustaining hes doing something very wrong in his rotation/play style, to blame it on his gearing choices isn't accurate.