Cannot Use Vampiric Bite No Matter What

I'm being forced to be bitten last so I don't get mind controlled on Blood-Queen because Vampiric Bite simply does not work for me. First of all, I bind my abilities directly to keys and not to action bar buttons partially because I simply do not use action bars. 1 is my Blink key (I'm a mage). I've tried disabling Dominos thinking that addon was at fault, but the ability still did not show on my ugly default action bar when I thought I could just click it. I've tried binding a key with a modifier to a macro named "Bite" containing the text "/cast Vampiric Bite" and that also did not work. Please for the love of God someone help me figure out why Blizzard's retarded gimmick fight is simply not working for me. And no, I am not a complete noob who's just being dumb and has no idea how to raid as some of you may be thinking. I am actually a competent raider in a progression-driven guild and this is very important that I get the problem fixed so I'm not sat out when it comes to Blood-Queen.

Here is a list of the addons I'm using just in case there's some addon that's been known to interfere with this particular encounter.

Afflicted
    Aloft
    AlphaMap
    AtlasLoot
    Auctioneer
    AzCastBar
    BindPad
    ButtonFacade
    Chatter
    Chinchilla
    Collectinator
    CoolDownButtons
    DBM
    Dominos
    DRTracker
    Ellipsis
    Fortress
    FriendColor
    GearScore
    Gladius
    kgPanels
    kRestack
    LineemUp
    MBF
    Molinari
    oGlow
    OhSnap
    Omen
    OpenAll
    Overachiever
    Parrot
    pError
    PitBull4
    PortMe
    PreformAVEnabler
    QuestGuru
    Recount
    SharedMedia
    Skinner
    SLDataText
    SpellAlerter
    Talented
    TipTac
    xUtils

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Cannot Use Vampiric Bite No Matter What

Does your bar change?

I've yet to do this fight (had to get a new account, in the process of leveling), but does it give you a pet bar or replace your action bar?

Sorry if this seems to not help, but I'm looking into it for you, and need some specifics.

Next time turn all but the following off: Recount, Omen, DBM, Dominos.

With Dominos make sure you have all your bars enabled. ALL of them, even "pet" ones, and the Stealth bar too.

The rest of those addons could not possibly improve your performance and are mostly gimmicks for non-raiding sitautions. Turn them off.

There is no way that with only your basic raiding addons that the ability would still be invisible.

I figure this is an oldschool TBC pet bar thing - so if you haven't done loremaster, go visit outland and do the robo-scorpid quest/posessed fel-reaver quest/Ogri'la demon-smackdown quest or get yourself raised as a ghoul and see where the abilities end up - might be a weird bar you never use.

And I suspect that Bindpad may be what's killing you. Disable it for certain during these tests - you can figure something out for using it later - it may simply be overiding the ability from showing up because you keep trying to cast abilities you no longer have access to.

Click on my website link - it's the whole history of Azeroth in point form!

it replace you action bar 1 and allow you to bite using 1, so be sure your posses bar is the n1 in dominos and not a invisible one

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLynx

I figure this is an oldschool TBC pet bar thing
    I was thinking this too, but during some recent fights (Eredic the Pure from ToC) It changes your actual action bar. That's why I was wondering.

So another thing you could do, is get a group for ToC5 on normal, and have him throw the hammer at you. Have someone dispell it and when you catch it see if you see the button to throw it back. If not disable a few mods and try again. When you see it show up you will know which group of mods it is, then just test those one by one by turning them on. When you can't see it again you found your mod.

Might take time, but it should work.

Deleted

Mark bar1 as "Possess bar" in dominos. Done.