Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: A Blizzard Response to LFG Bad Behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Immediate abuse I see: NIce guy gets kicked before first pull because he "only" tanks with 35 000 health or "only" does 2500 dps or "only" heals with a 17k mana pool.
    I know, i see that happening too in some cases... but 15 minutes being held to ransom by some fuckwit is no better.

Just get over it and move on. Look at it as a positive and be glad you arn't him IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Texco
    I play the game to have fun. When people start being dicks or being awkward and preventing 4 other people from doing what they want to do, the fun ceases. The fact that it's only a game is far from being a reasonable excuse, we pay to play it so we shouldn't have to put up with people trying to spoil the fun.

So telling jokes involving everything between cancer and paedophilia is acceptable because it's only a game?
    Wasting peoples time in a dungeon is fine because it's just a game?

Nobody should have to 'close the game and walk away' when they pay to play it just because of idiots who enjoy annoying other people. I'm curious as to why you're trying to justify it, I know you don't like being wrong
    K so lets look @ the points you made in retrospect to what the OP said, i bet i can find an answer for all of them(shocking):

You play the game to have fun, someone is being a dick so it prevents you from doing what you want...
    Solution: leave group put user on ignore. move on with your playing and ta-da you dont have to deal with them

people telling jokes about cancer etc...^ see above about the use of IGNORE

man that was tough...

roll a tank - queue for 5 seconds - get a group - win

people keep on waiting 10minutes to get in as DPSers
    "Remember to take ALL things in moderation.. Even World of Warcraft" :]

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk
    lol by this logic nothing is not "not real". Easter bunny & Santa takes peoples "real time" and "real money" to buy eggs, baskets and gifts so lol seriously
    The things themselves may not be true but their ideals are.

You should probably actually read these terms and conditions you continually refer too, then read the situation you are QQing about.

no where in your story did the tank do anything wrong. he didnt use vulgar language, he didnt threaten you, he didnt prevent you from playing in anyway. he just stopped playing

you had all right to leave group and go do a new one.

there is a reason blizzard didnt do nething in the response. because he did nothing wrong. or did you miss that by blizz not doing nething lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Corgrash
    Is this really a issue meant for players to sort out rather than the blizzard?
    I shall develop that further: I am asking for your opinions.
    If I was trying to get this changed and talk to the people who do change things I would post it on the WoW forums. This however is not my intent with the original post.

there is a reason blizzard didnt do nething in the response. because he did nothing wrong. or did you miss that by blizz not doing nething lol
    Last time I checked there was a rule where you cannot go afk during a battleground. If you type /afk you find out.
    What your suggesting is that say if the same current ruling was in place for battlegrounds, half your team goes afk for honor farming, the rest of the team should just leave the battleground as what the afk'ers are doing is perfectly ok?

I rest my case.

IMO you should have been all apologetic and been like "I'm sorry, you're right, you're God blah blah blah, can we move on? etc" and con him into tanking then after a bunch of trash pulls and maybe a boss the CD is up and you flip him the bird and vote to kick.

Last time I checked there was a rule where you cannot go afk during a battleground. If you type /afk you find out.
    What your suggesting is that say if the same current ruling was in place for battlegrounds, half your team goes afk for honor farming, the rest of the team should just leave the battleground as what the afk'ers are doing is perfectly ok?

I rest my case.
    lol your whole case has been comparing one situation with something completely different

YOU WERNT IN A BG...you cant compare being in a BG and afking refusing to play (which there are actually ways around) and being in a 5man/raid

STOP trying to compare situations that are in no way similar or treated the same way...youre getting no where

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    That's the problem with you DPSers - "shut up and just go tank" - but never stop to think why the guy is complaining.
    Maybe u overagro and he tells you stuff for your own safety. Or maybe he explains the pull. Or maybe he is giving out tips for healer.

What u dumbasses know to say is "tank go fasterrrr!!!!" All ppl in randoms now are so in a hurry and a bunch of ungrateful pricks.
    No tank i had as dps or i know of is dumb - usually tanks r smart ppl coz they HAVE to be in order to perform well in their job.

Probably OP is another random scrub carried through HoR who is bitching his tank told him to "STFU" while he was bitching of "going to slow".
    And blizzard couldn't care less about you buddy.
    You are a statistic - nothing more. The "answer" you got is a standard reply to things they dun give a rat's ass about.
    We had not even pulled a single mob.
    The 'shut up and tank' was a shortened to the point explaination of what was said. Not the actual words used. He was not explaining tactics. He was not giving tips. No comments were made about his tanking except the lack of it. For your last comment, take your stereotyping elsewhere.

You have assumed a scenario which is not this.

You could just stop playing wow. Thats always an option.

K so lets look @ the points you made in retrospect to what the OP said, i bet i can find an answer for all of them(shocking):

You play the game to have fun, someone is being a dick so it prevents you from doing what you want...
    Solution: leave group put user on ignore. move on with your playing and ta-da you dont have to deal with them

people telling jokes about cancer etc...^ see above about the use of IGNORE

man that was tough...
    So I leave group and get a deserter debuff - wasted time. Time wasted because of someone being a fool.

Sure you can ignore someone, but only after they've said what they've said. The ignore function doesn't justify doing and saying things that should not be said in a multiplayer, 12+ 'fun' gaming environment.

Lol for the ultimate answer to what to do in this situation...please review my signature =]

Ding Ding...this is JUST a game.

Therefor when someone does something "Rude, Disrespectful, Annoying...etc" it shouldnt bother you one bit because:

Nothing that anyone does or says to you in the game affect your real life. Someone bothering you? close the game and walk away. there is your answer on what to do.
    So if we're playing Hungry Hungry Hippos and I get childish and grab all the little balls the hippos are supposed to eat, and then throw them across the room, which has a hardwood floor, and tell you to pick them up before someone walks in and trips on them, you're not going to be bothered by that? That's basically what this guy is doing, he's wasting everyone's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifteh
    @ OP sort that bloody UI out man
    Off topic...
    However PM me what improvements I could make

Lol for the ultimate answer to what to do in this situation...please review my signature =]
    How irrelevant.
    If however that was the case where the tank and healer is mum and dad, Blizzard rules would be considered the law, which they must abide by.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh
    So if we're playing Hungry Hungry Hippos and I get childish and grab all the little balls the hippos are supposed to eat, and then throw them across the room, which has a hardwood floor, and tell you to pick them up before someone walks in and trips on them, you're not going to be bothered by that? That's basically what this guy is doing, he's wasting everyone's time.
    actually for this situation to be comparable...you'd have to be playing hungry hungry hippos on the computer, no where near the other player.
    also the other play didnt actually do anything to you or the game, he just decided to stop playing (which is exactly what "this guy" did)

so no if i was playing hungry hungry hippos online and the other person stopped playing...id find someone new to play with and not be bothered at all

kinda messes up your situation just a bit doesn't it?

actually for this situation to be comparable...you'd have to be playing hungry hungry hippos on the computer, no where near the other player.

kinda messes up your situation just a bit doesn't it?
    Your logic is astounding...

You are argueing now for the sake of argueing. You are no longer bringing valid and beneficial posts to the thread.

Deleted

I joined LFG to get my 2 frost emblems.
    The instance was HoR.
    I get into the instance. The tank then decides he is 'holier than thou' and starts being what some would call a prick. In response he is told to shut up and carry on tanking. He then found it appropriate to be childish and refuse to tank futher, also not leaving the group so that we had to wait 8 minutes before we could kick him to which we had to listen to his consistant whining about things I really couldnt give a toss about.

Below is the response a Blizzard Employee gave me after I wrote a ticket about such player's behaviour.

http://yfrog.com/j9wowscrnshot012610221136j

Is this really a issue meant for players to sort out rather than the blizzard?

If anyone can find anything in Terms and Conditions that say otherwise then please bring it up.
    If not then I will simply just be annoying to him and report his name under the name rules and regulations where it states that anything to do with religion, crime, drugs, sex etc is prohibited including spelling variation/mistakes. Gizzer can easily be misplaced for Jizzer.
    I would say that it's your fault a bit here. I can some times be an ass if I've had a bad day for example. If I would see people do mistakes or slack or anything that could be done a lot better. If those people would complain back to me and say something like "Just shut up and continue tanking" I would definitely stop tanking right there and do nothing. This is only one side of story, there is no chat-log to see the conversation so I have no idea what was said and by whom. But in this case, I would say there's lesson to learn in this: Just ignore what is being written and just keep on playing. Complaining back to someone never results anything good.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh
    So if we're playing Hungry Hungry Hippos and I get childish and grab all the little balls the hippos are supposed to eat, and then throw them across the room, which has a hardwood floor, and tell you to pick them up before someone walks in and trips on them, you're not going to be bothered by that?
    lmfao! quality

Your logic is astounding...

You are argueing now for the sake of argueing. You are no longer bringing valid and beneficial posts to the thread.
    ...Says the person comparing a tank refusing to tank in a 5man to:

Someone making jokes about dead babies, cancer, pedofilia
    talking vulgar in trade chat
    and afk honor farming in a bg

right....

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089
    I think the "resolved by players" refers to vote kicking, but yea a rather sad response to an asshat
    whenever i try to vote kick someone it says u can't...

I've been in so many groups were i wanna vote kick people, and spam vote for them from start to end, but never available....

what's the req for being able to start a vote?