Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 2 Piece T9 - When to drop it?

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t68951-r...7/#post1540483 -> and the 3 following posts. interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    ok... to everyone saying "THE NEW VAULT BOSS CAN DROP OUR HANDS/GLUVS" the odds of you getting them is very, very low as a ret paladin.

here's why:

every class has an equal chance for their class gear to drop (10%)
    every hybrid class has a chance for each type of gear to drop (paladins being a 3-way hybrid: 33% chance)
    PVE or PVP gear can drop (50%)

.1 x .33 x .5 = .0165

to be nice i'll round that up to 2%

theres a 2% chance for the gloves OR hands to drop each run, and a 98% chance for anything else to drop.

.0165 x .5 = .00825

so less than 1% chance for the piece you need to drop if you already have gloves/legs

ok so you got lucky this week and they dropped, now you have to roll/bid or w/e depending on ur loot system against every other ret in the raid to get the item.

the chances of getting the gear you want from vault are very low, dont rely on the vault boss to give you your tier.
    Hmmm I think your math is really really off.

First of all, you're maths imply that there is a prot pvp set gear.
    Secondly, it applies that a boss only has one drop. (it has four in 25, and 2 in 10)

So technically, every week if you run both voas, you have roughly 12% to get either gloves or pants t10/.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    You did Icecrown in 232 Set gear?
    10 man t9 for 10 man t10 content? ALERT THE PRESSES!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Impediment
    Hmmm I think your math is really really off.

First of all, you're maths imply that there is a prot pvp set gear.
    Secondly, it applies that a boss only has one drop. (it has four in 25, and 2 in 10)

So technically, every week if you run both voas, you have roughly 12% to get either gloves or pants t10/.5.

I don't know, the math doesn't seem too far off.

I mean, there's actually a decent amount of T10 sets:
    - Ret Paladin set
    - Holy Paladin set
    - Prot Paladin set
    - Prot Warrior set
    - DPS Warrior set
    - DK Tank set
    - DPS DK set
    - Ele Shaman set
    - Enh Shaman set
    - Resto Shaman set
    - Feral Druid set
    - Balance Druid set
    - Resto Druid set
    - Shadow Priest set
    - Holy/Disc Priest set
    - Hunter set
    - Mage set
    - Rogue set
    - Warlock set

That's 19 different sets of T10. Then take into account that both the gloves and legs are supposed to drop, and now we have 38 class items on the loot table. Out of all 38 of those, only 2 we want/need.

And then there's the PvP gear that can drop:
    - Ret Paladin
    - Holy Paladin
    - Warrior
    - Death Knight
    - Enh Shaman
    - Ele Shaman
    - Resto Shaman
    - Hunter
    - Balance Druid
    - Feral Druid
    - Resto Druid
    - Rogue
    - Shadow Priest
    - Holy/Disc Priest
    - Warlock
    - Mage

So, there's 16 class specs, and each one will have 2 pieces of PvP gear that can drop, meaning there's 32 class/spec PvP items.

So, now we have 70 class/spec items on the loot table, and STILL only two that we want/need (why do I want PvP gear for PvE?).

But wait, there's more!!

The PvP cloaks, necks, rings, belts, and boots can also drop.

. . .

Considering my previous luck with Tier gear and the VoA bosses, I may have to reconsider what and when to upgrade. I'll still keep my 2piece T9 bonus, but I want my 2piece T10 bonus ASAP.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru
    text
    People only run VoA for the Frost badges anyhow

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    People only run VoA for the Frost badges anyhow
    Oh yeah, it's going to be my primary reason to run it once the new boss shows up.

I'm just not going to plan around the stars and planets aligning and getting either my T10 legs or gloves to drop is all.

At this point, I just have to decide if I want to upgrade my gloves soon, or wait a while and then upgrade my helm...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru
    Oh yeah, it's going to be my primary reason to run it once the new boss shows up.

I'm just not going to plan around the stars and planets aligning and getting either my T10 legs or gloves to drop is all.

At this point, I just have to decide if I want to upgrade my gloves soon, or wait a while and then upgrade my helm...
    Your only option currently is to upgrade the helm, so you don't break the 2pc T9. Eventually you'll be running 5pc T10, so it will not be as if the helm is being "wasted" at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Asur
    10 man t9 for 10 man t10 content? ALERT THE PRESSES!
    Cause tokens and 264 non set items drop in ICC 10? :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Cause tokens drop in ICC 10? :P
    On heroic yeah >.>

10+ Year Old Account

Your only option currently is to upgrade the helm, so you don't break the 2pc T9. Eventually you'll be running 5pc T10, so it will not be as if the helm is being "wasted" at all.
    Well, I still have my T9 helm in the bank, so even if I upgrade my gloves, I can still maintain the set bonus.

The trash drops from 10 man is the same ones as in 25 man

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by HemmerN
    The trash drops from 10 man is the same ones as in 25 man
    trash drop in 10man? havent seen any yet, at least before marrowgar up to Saurfang
    wouldnt make sense that an instance with ilvl251 gear drop ilvl264 on trash :P

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    ok... to everyone saying "THE NEW VAULT BOSS CAN DROP OUR HANDS/GLUVS" the odds of you getting them is very, very low as a ret paladin.

here's why:

every class has an equal chance for their class gear to drop (10%)
    every hybrid class has a chance for each type of gear to drop (paladins being a 3-way hybrid: 33% chance)
    PVE or PVP gear can drop (50%)

.1 x .33 x .5 = .0165

to be nice i'll round that up to 2%

theres a 2% chance for the gloves OR hands to drop each run, and a 98% chance for anything else to drop.

.0165 x .5 = .00825

so less than 1% chance for the piece you need to drop if you already have gloves/legs

ok so you got lucky this week and they dropped, now you have to roll/bid or w/e depending on ur loot system against every other ret in the raid to get the item.

the chances of getting the gear you want from vault are very low, dont rely on the vault boss to give you your tier.
    Is this really known for a fact? If it turns out instead that every single piece on the loot table is equally likely, then this wouldn't be true at all.

Eventually you'll be running 5pc T10, so it will not be as if the helm is being "wasted" at all.
    WHAT?! Fleshrending Gauntlets (socket bonus likely same a Normal Version; +6 Strength) HEAVILY out weigh Sanctified Lightsworn Gauntlets, unless you somehow need Hit; which you shouldn't if you are gearing yourself properly.

Fleshrending Gauntlets vs Sanctified Lightsworn Gauntlets (with Blacksmith Bonus Socket to Gloves; remember to add another 6 Str manually to Fleshrending Gauntlets since the Socket Bonus isn't there atm)

No matter how you gem them (20 Str or 10 Str/10 Crit to match sockets) the Fleshrending Gauntlets win by quite a lot.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Heidenreich
    WHAT?! Fleshrending Gauntlets (socket bonus likely same a Normal Version; +6 Strength) HEAVILY out weigh Sanctified Lightsworn Gauntlets, unless you somehow need Hit; which you shouldn't if you are gearing yourself properly.

Fleshrending Gauntlets vs Sanctified Lightsworn Gauntlets

No matter how you gem them (20 Str or 10 Str/10 Crit to match sockets) the Fleshrending Gauntlets win by quite a lot.
    Take a look at the BiS Plate-priority list- You'd be under the hit cap by 2.5% (1.5% with a Draenei) if you used those gloves over the T10 gloves.

Ummm, no. Where are you getting these numbers from? Because you can go look at EJ (and what's done on EJ is done from Horde perspective) or go on RAWR yourself and do it. Plain and simple, Fleshrending Gauntlets over T10 Gauntlets. I'm looking at it right now on RAWR matter of fact and can tell you the numbers....

With Fleshrending Gauntlets and Heroic Presence you will have 9.05% Hit (264 Hit Rating)
    With Fleshrending Gauntlets and NO Heroic Presence you will have 8.05% Hit (264 Hit Rating)

This is without using Hit Gems or Enchants that grant Hit. As well is from a BiS Plate Only set-up. I see no reason to "want" leather or mail when the difference in DPS is very small and with Cata coming out we will not want to be wearing anything but plate anyways.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Heidenreich
    Ummm, no. Where are you getting these numbers from? Because you can go look at EJ (and what's done on EJ is done from Horde perspective) or go on RAWR yourself and do it. Plain and simple, Fleshrending Gauntlets over T10 Gauntlets. I'm looking at it right now on RAWR matter of fact and can tell you the numbers....

With Fleshrending Gauntlets and Heroic Presence you will have 9.05% Hit (264 Hit Rating)
    With Fleshrending Gauntlets and NO Heroic Presence you will have 8.05% Hit (264 Hit Rating)

This is without using Hit Gems or Enchants that grant Hit. As well is from a BiS Plate Only set-up. I see no reason to "want" leather or mail when the difference in DPS is very small and with Cata coming out we will not want to be wearing anything but plate anyways.
    Whats your gear setup in RAWR? Mine shows a 5.54% Hit (149 Hit rating) with the gloves on, Heroic Presence, and BiS plate priority.

EDIT: Found the issue, my current Rawr cache is outdated.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mahi
    I've seen it happen. It doesn't make sense, but ilevel 264 BoE's can and do drop in 10-man (altho at what seems like a lesser rate than 25).
    thats insane ???
    the day blizz hear from that, its gone thats for sure

Whats your gear setup in RAWR? Mine shows a 5.54% Hit (149 Hit rating) with the gloves on, Heroic Presence, and BiS plate priority.

EDIT: Found the issue, my current Rawr cache is outdated.
    :O First time I saw Ronark make a boo boo.

Yeah, my guildmates said the 264 BOE dropped in 10man. I didn't believe it also.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    thats insane ???
    the day blizz hear from that, its gone thats for sure
    I have seen the BoE tanking ring drop twice in ICC10.

I wasn't going to even reply to Ronark's mistake. I knew that Heiden was right. It was just a matter of time until Ron figured it out.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD