Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Culling of Stratholme: why have I to save Arthas?

Infinite Dragons try to stopping Arthas from Culling the plague from Stratholme. This episode is the beginning of the Arthas metamorph that will carry him to Northrend and become the Lich King.

Players, guided by the bronze dragons, have the mission to do not allow the infinite Dragons to take control of this event. What could happen to the Azeroth history if Arthas dies by the hands of the infinite Dragons? How could the history change?

I know it's a terrible silly question, but i beleieve that everyone of us was thinking about that during his run into this dungeon.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Culling of Stratholme: why have I to save Arthas?

Simple answer: The future wouldnt exist if you changed the timeline.
    Difficult answer: If you changed the past, there would be a big chance that you, yourself would not exist anymore. You wouldn't have gone through time to kill Arthas, which means you were born, to defeat Arthas when he was still sain.

See where I am going?
    Dawwwwwww

Time collapsing upon itself? Dunno. It's kind of the same deal as in black morass, orcs not invading azeroth to begin with would probably have been good for the population.

Mehh, the Scourge would never have gotten so strong (Illidan would have been victorious against them), the alliance would still control Lordaeron and be infinitely more powerful then the Horde meaning that the war would be pretty one-sided.

What is more interesting is what would have happened had we not helped Medivh to open the portal into Azeroth. No orcs in Azeroth, how would THAT affect the storyline?:P

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5
    Difficult answer: If you changed the future, there would be a big chance that you, yourself would not exist anymore. You wouldn't have gone through time to kill Arthas, which means you were born, to defeat Arthas when he was still sain.

See where I am going?
    If you changed the past.. you say future...

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Difficult answer: If you changed the future, there would be a big chance that you, yourself would not exist anymore. You wouldn't have gone through time to kill Arthas, which means you were born, to defeat Arthas when he was still sain.

See where I am going?
    changing past will create new future, no?

Why something should collapse?

Deleted

there are no dumb or silly questions only bad answers^^

but to the point
    my guess is that if we dit not stop arthas then the plague in stratholme would have spread out alot and eventualy be unstoppable and thus creating far more casulties then arthas could during his reign as the LK.

+ even tho there are many casulties ty tho the LK there are also alot of good events that happend like the outbrake of the deathknights and the unity that arose within the alliance/horde and neutral factions for example

See where I am going?
    oh yes...you meen the picture of "Back to future, part one". is it?

Deleted

arthas would never be able to get frostmourne, so most probably the lich king(ner'zhul) would try to corrupt someone else to become his champion.
    (probably jaina because she loved arthas. why not try to revive him with the power of frostmourne.. but thats only wild guesses^^)

Deleted

If there was no Arthas as a Death Knight, Illidan would have destroyed the Frozen Throne. If he were to do that, the Scourge would go batshit crazy without a new Lich King, which would mean we'd all be killed.

From an undead perspective it's pretty simple. If Arthas hadn't been the one to enslave Sylvannas and torture her, the Forsaken wouldn't exist. Clear enough motive for me to make sure things stay the way they happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    You're not supposed to catch Missingno.

1. arthas beats the crap out of illidan in northrend

2. illidan runs back to outland to keep portals tight so no demon of burning legion can return to outland

3. illidan starts attack on shattrath that provokes the naruu to apear

4. a lot of bloodelfs from outland become scryers

this is only one obvious line of events that would not happen

+ illidan woud be probbly too powerfull to be dealth with if he succeded his agenda in ice crown and in outland

so this could mean:
    - burning legion returns to outland and via outland to azeroth
    - no scryers
    - no naruu
    - super illidan or illidan as lich king

Save the cheerle... king
    Save the world
    H E R O E S

\ "When I was a kid ... I used to wish some stranger would come and tell me my family wasn't really my family. They weren't bad people, they were just ... insignificant. And I wanted to be different. Special. I wanted to change. A new name, a new life. The watchmaker's son ... became a watchmaker. It is so futile. And I wanted to be ... important." \
    Sylar

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aknot
    If you changed the past.. you say future...
    Hehe, pardon me for my mistake I edited it.

I still stand by my point though. But no matter what people say: It is not sure what will happen to the future if you change the past. Isn't that reason scary enough for you to not try it? Although it might happen in Cataclysm with all the Phasing. I personally would like to see a CoT quest which changes some things in the Area outside of CoT (Caverns of Time, NOT Culling of Stratholme).
    Dawwwwwww

If you'd let arthas die, blizzard would go back in time to nerf the infinite dragonflight.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by TRackster
    - super illidan or illidan as lich king
    Yeeees, the power should be mine!

Not like he's done that kind of crap before... :P

10+ Year Old Account

if he doesnt go to northrend we wouldnt go to northrend which means yoggy digivolves and gets even more powerfull, so it frees its brothers and sisters they use there combined forces to destroy everything else 0o

If arthas died he wouldn't have killed mal'ganis and he wouldnt have told ilidan to steal the skull of gul'dan which means Tichondrius would be still alive and they would have helped archimonde get to the world tree before all the wisps.

kelthuzad wouldnt have been rezzed meaning the sunwell and belfs were all powerfull and wouldnt have allied with the horde but instead the alliance giving the alliance another race ontop of that the space goats would still be on outland and the allaince would be strong enough to wipe out the horde, the alliance wouldnt have moved to kalimdor because nothing bad was happening and with no horde and alliance to defend the world tree the nelfs would be slaughtered.

he told me to save the Lich King

If Arthas where killed duting Startholme event, then the pleague would spread more. (yes i know, startholme is still overrunned by undeads but maybe hes effort helped alittle?)

Quote Originally Posted by Gratzzz
    Mehh, the Scourge would never have gotten so strong (Illidan would have been victorious against them), the alliance would still control Lordaeron and be infinitely more powerful then the Horde meaning that the war would be pretty one-sided.

What is more interesting is what would have happened had we not helped Medivh to open the portal into Azeroth. No orcs in Azeroth, how would THAT affect the storyline?:P
    If the orcs diddnt come to Azeroth, then they would not be able to work with the Alliance to fight Archimonde.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Several things wouldve happened: Illidan wouldve never taken the Skull of Gul'dan, Archimonde would not have attacked the World Tree/Destroy Dalaran, Kael'thas and the Naga n Illidan wouldve never met, Jaina and Thrall wouldnt have some sort of relation. and so on....