improve dps advice

Just want some advice to improve my dps, here is a dps log from my guild icc and 25 man toc run sorry that not all fights are in there kind of new and was playing with it. Any tips will be much appreciated.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/1412640

Re: improve dps advice

Only looked at marrowgar but what I saw was:
    Number of chimera shots fired: 21
    Number of steady shots fired: 23(!)

The number of steady shots should be roughly four times as much as the number of chimera shots, as each rotation cycle contains 1 chimera shot, 1 aimed shot and 4 steady shots.

Fire moar steady shots for moar deeps.

quick question wat has more pritority kill shot or chimera as i notice that my chimera shots do more dmg than my kill shot now? and ty for a reply i will work on that =D

Kill shot is always the highest priority. I glanced at a small sample of your meter and your CS avg was 7k+ and your KS avg was 16k+. I'll let you figure it out. Otherwise, pretty much whatever Raven tells you is gospel for MM.
    Don't be elitist, it's a video game for crying out loud. Cure cancer, then you can be an asshole.

are you equipped gem and enchants properly? Then you must master on how to use your skills in right timing.. specially kill shot.
    Make your gaming experience a lot better!
    wow strategy guide

Quote Originally Posted by Infs
    Only looked at marrowgar but what I saw was:
    Number of chimera shots fired: 21
    Number of steady shots fired: 23(!)

The number of steady shots should be roughly four times as much as the number of chimera shots, as each rotation cycle contains 1 chimera shot, 1 aimed shot and 4 steady shots.

Fire moar steady shots for moar deeps.
    To be somewhat fair, Marrowgar and his rediculous hit-box are bound to lower the number of steadies you fire. Having a 4:1 ratio of Steadies to Chimera's on Marrowgar would probably indicate that you're forgetting to fire Chimera Shot when it's up. That said, you're still absolutely right, 23:21 is a very poor ratio anyway. I know I personally did quite poor on Marrowgar this week with regards to firing steadies, and I still had 36 steadies to 17 Chimera's, slightly more than a 2:1 ratio (one of our other hunters, who I will say for sure is better than I, got a 29:14 count, which again is close to 2:1...obviously your point is solid and a good one Raven, but there are a few fights where 4:1 just isn't going to happen).

On top of all of this, I noticed only 1 Kill Shot was fired the entire (5+ minute) fight. I have a hard time believing you could only get 1 kill shot off in that time...it needs to be higher priority for you. My guild's last Marrowgar kill was over 2 minutes shorter, but I still got 3 Kill Shots off compared to your one.

On top of all of this, I noticed only 1 Kill Shot was fired the entire (5+ minute) fight. I have a hard time believing you could only get 1 kill shot off in that time...it needs to be higher priority for you. My guild's last Marrowgar kill was over 2 minutes shorter, but I still got 3 Kill Shots off compared to your one.
    Are you forgetting about KS? I looked at your DB Saurfang fight and you only fired 3 and I find it hard to believe that your ranged is so coordinated that you aren't getting a chance to use it on the blood beasts

Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa
    Are you forgetting about KS? I looked at your DB Saurfang fight and you only fired 3 and I find it hard to believe that your ranged is so coordinated that you aren't getting a chance to use it on the blood beasts
    I don't get to use it much either, but I'm consistently paired with an arcane mage who gets up a 4xAB(MBarr around the beast's 30% hp point, which downs it faster than a kill shot can fly through the air. I would say it's possible to not always get off a kill shot on the beasts, but even then, the last 20% takes my guild a full minute through more blood beast spawns, 3 still seems like a low number.

Also if you have Needle-Encrusted Scorpion equipped you should start off a fight by firing Aimed Shot Arcane Shot and One Steady shot before applying Serpent Sting and then firing CS reason being it gives more chance for the trinket to proc and having it proc at the start of the fight is a great DPS increase.

Quote Originally Posted by mashed
    Also if you have Needle-Encrusted Scorpion equipped you should start off a fight by firing Aimed Shot Arcane Shot and One Steady shot before applying Serpent Sting and then firing CS reason being it gives more chance for the trinket to proc and having it proc at the start of the fight is a great DPS increase.
    While ofcourse this is correct, its also trivial compared to everything else he's probably not doing/missing/forgetting.

Make sure you are at a decent range, so when he does go into bonestorm you still have enough range to not be hindered by his hitbox.

Pop cooldowns at the start and/or when he just comes out of bonestorm, this gives a maximum dpstime on boss before he does bonespikes again.

If you are bonespiked, ask your pet to help kill your spike, you can target your own spike and make the pet attack; this is usually enough for the tunnelvisioned melee to notice your a spikeciccle and come free you.

Get into proper rotations, 4x steady, chim/Aimed.

When using your cooldowns, pop Rapid fire, use Chimera and Aimed and directly afterwards pop readiness to get instant access to Chimera/Aimed again.

15+ Year Old Account

why would you want to proc an arp effect using shots that would benefit from the proc already being up?
    It would be more beneficial to proc the arp effect with chimera since it doesn't gain any damage once it's up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe
    why would you want to proc an arp effect using shots that would benefit from the proc already being up?
    It would be more beneficial to proc the arp effect with chimera since it doesn't gain any damage once it's up anyway.
    Because when you've applied SrS and cast CS you aimed shot will just about be coming off CD and can easily continue your normal rotation. It's also good for MD's with 2 instant cast spells at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by mashed
    Because when you've applied SrS and cast CS you aimed shot will just about be coming off CD and can easily continue your normal rotation. It's also good for MD's with 2 instant cast spells at the start.
    Since everything we have rides the GCD, the MD is a moot point. When I misdirect, I get off serpent sting, chimera, aimed, and silencing shot before teh buff fades. I think my chimera beats a steady and arcane shot in threat most days.