interface size is different in 2 copies of the game

OK I have a druid and a shammy I am playing the druid interface is fine so I just made a copy of the entire wow directory to another drive and install my shammy addons and this will work.

HEY WAIT a minute.
    In the original druid interface(for clarity original) is set to 1900X1200 and everything fits fine on the screen. Setup the way I like it.
    The copy shamy looks like it is at 1200x1024 or something, giant icons and over lapping on the screen....I went to interface and it shows the 19x12 res so I turned it down and back up thinking maybe it was hung at some low rez..same thing the interface looks like the resolution is turned way down even though it says 1900x1200.

Its just a copy of the directory why would this be different?

I installed a few things after trying in vain to fix or figure out wtf is going on. I removed grid and use vuhdo on the shamy.
    I was trying to think of anything that might have been installed in one and not the other and that is all I can think of.

anyone got any ideas I am stumped.

Re: interface size is different in 2 copies of the game

Copy over the Config.wtf for the specific account to World of Warcraft\WTF\config.wtf

It might be UI scale, it might be the regedit.

well I copied the entire wow directory so that was copied as well.
    But this just doesn't make any since.
    I would think that a copy should be the same thing.
    Maybe I just need to remove wtf and interface and start over.

It could be one other thing. I remember in plain wow an addon would know
    what class you were playing and would enable or disable based on the chr.
    Maybe one of the addons is acting funny because of the class difference.

(funny how addons don't do this any more)

Well, has you always had this problem or has it worked fine previously? Alternatively you can go into the config file of the game copy who's causing problems and if you right-click the file after having made your resolution changes, you can make it Read-Only.

A lot of addon settings are stored per character. Unless you copied the files in the WTF folder from inside your druid's and copied them over to your shammy's, you're going to have only a few addons set up properly.