Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Something has to be changed in VoA

Hi

Its been a while since we first was introduced to Vault of Archavon. We're on the third boss now and soon the fourth are coming. Our gear is much better now, and most of the Wow majority lies at 235-245 ilvl(random guess). This brings a problem when it comes to Voa.

People only find the first boss in Voa valuable, and when he's downed half of the raid leaves. The ones that stays are people that newly dinged 80, people who are gearing up and people who needs all the emblems they can get.
    I don't think its right that when you finally have gathered up 25 people, almost no one wants to clear longer then the latest boss with the best loot. I can understand that, but its not fair for the rest of the raid.

So what I think Blizz could do is to force the raiders to take every boss there is, maybe form a keysystem so you need to first down Archavon -> then Emalon -> Koralon -> Toravon.

What do you guys think?

Re: Something has to be changed in VoA

What about earth wind and fire?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

if they decided to do this, an easier way would be to make toravon only accessible after killing the first 3. I personally don't mind doing the entire instance but can see why people would only want to do the current tier boss. Of course if you really want to do the whole thing, gather people who want more than just the one boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbuk
    Fuck the newly dinged 80 scrubs.

/thread
    You might say that now, but sooner or later you have a newly dinged 80 yourself, and you'll see how annoying it is

/thread
    yer but if you kill archavon and loot drops they need, when you kill toravon and loot drops that you and scrub newly dinged level 80 needs, you can be all
    "he got loot already"

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shasui
    You might say that now, but sooner or later you have a newly dinged 80 yourself, and you'll see how annoying it is
    It is one time a week. With 24 other players, your item will more then likely not drop. On top of all that its 226 or lower. 232 from badges is better. Just do heroics.

Deleted

I heve never been in a VoA where people leaves after Koralon. I can't see a reason to do so either, since all bosses can drop the mount

I only need things from the latest boss, but I always stay for the whole thing. I didn't join for a Koralon run, I joined for a VoA run. If I make my own runs I always say "Don't join if you are not going to stay for all bosses". Usually works fine.

Deleted

i would never ever take a "newly dinged 80" with me in vault of archavon.

on my server there usually are never more than 3 leavers, i simply add them to ignorelist and thats it.

exception is i only want to kill koralon and raidleader (usually me) says so before the raid starts.

This is possibly the easiest way to keep pugs from finishing VoA for a few weeks.

People go, are locked by first three bosses, and pug fails on toravon, grats.

This same idea is what's going to keep people from pulling any boss prior to the new boss on release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

I always run the whole raid since i want the mount.

I dont mind staying the whole run, with a competent group its not that hard. Trouble is most people in voa think its an easy ride and wipe the raid as they dont try their best, standing in fires and such, thinking the other people with better gear will boost them. There needs to be some form of gear check for VoA imo like there is for heroics to stop people with terrible gear zoning in or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvator
    i would never ever take a "newly dinged 80" with me in vault of archavon.

Yeah. I prefer people to have full Tier 10 to run Tier 10 content.

/thread
    Fuck the dumbass scrubs who /thread themselves.

/thr-- Waaaait a minute..
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

10+ Year Old Account

Luckily I've never had a run when someone left after Koralon!
    Quote Originally Posted by comasutra View Post
    yes, Blizzard hates Jesus Christ
    Quote Originally Posted by suspendedstasis View Post
    You need to leave the house to actually meet people, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kneeo
    Fuck the dumbass scrubs who /thread themselves.

/thr-- Waaaait a minute..
    IS THE BACON IN TROUBLE?

I really do not understand why people would leave.

Everyone can use EoTs. You can buy Crusader Orbs with them for alts. You can buy epic gems with them. And of course many people are still farming them to gear up.

You also might pick up the mount in VOA and so the chance to do so is 4 times more if you do all the bosses.

Clearing VOA takes about 40 mins and it is actually quite fun. It is a nice place for dps to test themselves as the fights are more or less static. You get 2 EoFs and 6 EoTs. It is actually quite efficient badge farming. Why not hang around for the duration?

But I think that doing the first three bosses in order to unlock the new one is a good way to go. I would support this.

there are better gear both pve and pvpwise from farming heroics and the nonsetparts you buy with honor are better then the old bossloots in voa.
    so really no reason at all to do those bosses tbh.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

So the system would be after each boss the next unlocks? Like:

Archavon the Stone Watcher unlocks Emalon the Storm Watcher that unlocks Koralon the Flame Watcher that unlocks Toravon the Ice Watcher?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

Quote Originally Posted by Inamorta
    Yeah. I prefer people to have full Tier 10 to run Tier 10 content.
    Not wanting to take newly dinged 80s into a T10 raid is not the same as requiring T10 for a T10 raid. Requiring T9 for a T10 raid is not unacceptable.