Flame Shock in Enhancement Priority System ?

I was taking a look at

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-sh...in-wrath-faq*/

wich often updated and always a great source of quality info to freshen up.

To my great suprise, I saw that Flame Shock is (quite high) in the enhancement priority system.

I did not actively raid during 3.2, but I did raid a lot during 3.1 (Ulduar). Correct me if I'm rong, but in 3.1 Flame Shock had no place to be in the Enhancement priority system, has Earth Shock was the optimal Shock to use on every shock cooldown.

I am currently ( at least I was last night ) only using Earth shock in my PS.

Since when has Flame shock been viable ? And how did it become to have such a high priority ?

Re: Flame Shock in Enhancement Priority System ?

If you look at a lot of posts done by people asking the same question, what happened is that Blizz added 6 seconds on to the DoT on Flame Shock. By doing so, if you use Flame Shock and let it tick all the way through, then it will do more damage over that 18 second duration than 1 Earth Shock. So it is said to weave it into the priorities, yes, but make sure to always let it tick and fall off. Never "refresh" Flame Shock, just re-apply it.
    Metotka of <Phobia> (Area 52-US)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&cn=Metotka

Enhancement for life!

Ah I understand, thanks for the explanation.

be sure to let it tick all the way out before you cast it again though, other wise you are going to lose dps, i find that i usually cast an Earth shock with about 3-4 seconds left on Flame shock, so just hit it after it runs out

also if you get good at keeping this in your rotation, the Flame shock glyph is pretty nice, letting the ticks crit, but i didn't see that increas from the crit very big so i don't use it, but it's up to you on what you like

Quote Originally Posted by toroza
    If you look at a lot of posts done by people asking the same question, what happened is that Blizz added 6 seconds on to the DoT on Flame Shock.
    And increased the base damage a bit. But, it was mostly the 6 extra seconds, yeah.

Using Flame shock with Glyph is the way to go if your pretty good about your priority rotation also having a good computer and latency is huge. Also with me having 1 point into reverb is helping me fit in all my moves and tons of haste. Im so thinking of dropping the 1 point in improved stormstrike into 2 points reverb. And yes it does sim out higher than anest know and improve shields. Im just worried slightly about going oom before my shaman rage is up.

Another thing Im using the Elemental Relic for 244 haste which has 30 secs uptime so 100 percent for me vs movement fights and having the stormstrike one fall off. Also i love the 244 haste vs Ap.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater
    And increased the base damage a bit. But, it was mostly the 6 extra seconds, yeah.
    What happened is because of the way DoTs scale with Spell Power. DoTs gain a percentage of SP each time they tick, so more ticks means it gains a larger percentage of your spellpower. This also means if you "clip" your DoT, you lose those extra ticks and the bonus damage you would have gained from them.
    Baretta M92 Custom Praiyachat Sword Cutlass Special
    Starcaller Renzokuken, 80 Dwarf Shaman

Deleted

Locking this thread as the question was answered by Toroza.