Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Stood in the Fire Pyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bonheiden, Belgium
    Posts
    381

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

    For some reason i hope this is ur Holy set but in disc specc, if that is true, then i'll give you a 10/10 pretty impresive? IF that is actually you're disc set. Then i dont know what to give, way to low mana pool, not gemming for int. But yeah, I gues its ur holy gearset

    For my gear. Yes i do know i have a wand with hit on. The thing is. my prevous one was "Rod of Imprisoned Souls" and i lost rolls on the heroic version 3 times now, which i still want to get. i'll be getting the "Leggings Of Woven Death" this wednesday aswell. anything else, i'll be going for the shadow t10 chest piece.

    Wow Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...light&cn=Pyrah

    Awesomely made by Caiti.

  2. #22
    Herald of the Titans -Ethos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,646

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyra
    For some reason i hope this is ur Holy set but in disc specc, if that is true, then i'll give you a 10/10 pretty impresive? IF that is actually you're disc set. Then i dont know what to give, way to low mana pool, not gemming for int. But yeah, I gues its ur holy gearset

    For my gear. Yes i do know i have a wand with hit on. The thing is. my prevous one was "Rod of Imprisoned Souls" and i lost rolls on the heroic version 3 times now, which i still want to get. i'll be getting the "Leggings Of Woven Death" this wednesday aswell. anything else, i'll be going for the shadow t10 chest piece.
    6/10
    Youre living in the past.

    You should not be going oom anymore if you are using your cooldowns wisely. You're just hurting your own throughput by not taking more SP gems.
    You've taken way too many socket bonuses that are wasteful, your legs for example, +4 Spirit is in no way worth the loss of SP. Use less SP/Int gems and more flat SP gems. You're also using SP/Mp5 gems which are pretty negligible imho.

    The 1 point in Absolution and 3 in Imp Renew instead of 3 in Spell Warding and 1 in Desperate Prayer also seems a bit wasteful.

  3. #23

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

    I wish I had your gear Ethos, well. It's at least what I'm aiming for with this priest
    9/10

    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...shj&cn=Therira

    Mind you, I dinged two days ago and will be replacing the blue gems when I get a bit more cash
    Edit: Tips on what gems to socket for is welcome!
    Fuge Haggot.

  4. #24
    Stood in the Fire Pyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bonheiden, Belgium
    Posts
    381

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos-
    6/10
    Youre living in the past.

    You should not be going oom anymore if you are using your cooldowns wisely. You're just hurting your own throughput by not taking more SP gems.
    You've taken way too many socket bonuses that are wasteful, your legs for example, +4 Spirit is in no way worth the loss of SP. Use less SP/Int gems and more flat SP gems. You're also using SP/Mp5 gems which are pretty negligible imho.

    The 1 point in Absolution and 3 in Imp Renew instead of 3 in Spell Warding and 1 in Desperate Prayer also seems a bit wasteful.
    The 2 blue gems i putted in. i dont like that at all either, the thing is, the socket bonus is +9 which is verry tempting to take because 12spell + 5mp5 + the socket bonus (+9 spellpower), would be in total a 21spellpower + 5mp5. if i would put a 23 sp in it. i would lose 2 spellpower and gain 5mp5? I'm sorry but 2 spellpower isnt worthy to lose. Same goes for my Chest
    As for my leggings. Why not? 12sp / 10int gems r very good, and why not choose them if you can get a little more, even if its 4spirit. its not bad. not imba either, but its something.

    Then my specc. I even forget to use my healthstone. Why should i remember using desperate prayer?. About imp renew. I raid in a 10m only guild. I'm the only priest. Its not like i use it constantly but i do use it, and yes, it saves lives. shield dps or put a quick renew. then imediatly continiue healing the tank.

    Awesomely made by Caiti.

  5. #25

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taxidermy
    7/10 because you're the first holy priest to post.
    Definitely not a reroll/spec flavor of the month junkie. I love this spec.

    -1 Because you have Lolwell and 1/2 Surge of light
    -1 Because you Lolwell makes me LOL
    -1 because you didn't post a real armory link
    I'll take the -1 because I won't post an armory link. That's fine. I don't understand the 1/2 Surge of Light being bad, thing, though.

    And I take Lightwell for its unique buff:
    "Lolwell Hilarity: Forces your raid officers to drop whatever it is they're doing to make a mad dash towards your Lightwell and destroy as many charges as they can. This increases your raid's morale by 5%."

    You lost big points for saying Tank Healing and having LoLwell.
    I said it was weird. I suck at PvP, only now could you say I have the crit for Discipline, and I still really don't like the playstyle of Shadow, despite the changes.

    If LoLwell was just so you could LoL you get 8/10 for having fire resistance to ring
    Go go Dragonslayer's giving me more unnecessary crit. And Fire Resistance.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  6. #26
    Herald of the Titans Ynna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,736

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

    I'm gonna risk it and trow my Armory link before all of you .
    I'm not going to rate because I do not find myself qualified enough for it.

    Yes, Lightwell, I use it, half of my raids uses it, all ten charges are removed before the 3 minute cooldown ends.
    And I've got the feeling I've got too much regen so I'm looking to change that as well.
    My trinket and my wand suck, because whatever deity controls those drops seems to despise me.

    Retired Holy Priest
    As a rule, I try to act on the internet as I would in real life. If I have offended you, feel free to point it out. Unless I meant to offend you, I will probably apologize.

  7. #27

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    this is a rate the healing priest above you, not rate the arena priest above you :-P
    Umm... actually, it is. Reread the OP:

    Quote Originally Posted by Taxidermy
    Rate them based on their stats/glyphs/so on. And if you are offering help offer it based on what stats they should try to itemize towards and why.

    PvP or PvE welcome.
    Bigslick (1/7 Mythic) Lethal-Thunderhorn US
    "Those who deny respect for others deserve it not for themselves."

  8. #28

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    Umm... actually, it is. Reread the OP:
    Your armory is basically perfect.

    Except I would argue against the socket bonus on your helm. It may be superbly marginal (2 spell power to be exact) but unless you have ever gone oom on any ICC encounter, 2 > 5 unsued mp5.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ns&n=Contrivez

    In terms of anyone who throws a rate against my armory, please remember that in end game raiding healers are the last bracket of people to get gear. If your guild is competitive, you give every item to the DPS first (and we use loot council) so I have to take what I can get, mind you I would certainly replace quite a few of my pieces otherwise.

    And alas, the wand has been impossible to replace with 0 245 10togc wands dropping and 0 for icc currently as well.


  9. #29

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

    I lied.

    Your spec is atrocious.

    You only need 1/2 healing focus, and you have 3/5 DF with 0/5 spell warding. Not good.

    Although Dprayer seems valuable, carry a healthstone, because I can't remember the last time desperate prayer saved my life in a realistic pve encounter where I didn't have penance/shield available to use on myself. And If I couldn't do either of those, I was on the GCD and thus needed a healthstone.

  10. #30
    George23
    Guest

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.


  11. #31

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

    Here is my armory. Trying to stack spellpower while maintaining socket bonus, hence the crit gemming. Also, according to rawr, the meta gem I have seems to be the best. 11 Mp5 and 3% extra healing from crits (1% more from divine aegis too, maybe?) makes it a pretty good meta for cast spells.

    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...dge&cn=Andaria

    5/10, you have hit on your gear and getting an emblem trinket is usually not a good idea, due to the bad itemisation of them. However, you've got the Ashen Verdict 277 ring, which is a big deal better than anything else atm. Lose the hit and try to replace the trinkets, you look like a healer/dps hybrid :-\

  12. #32

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andaria
    Here is my armory. Trying to stack spellpower while maintaining socket bonus, hence the crit gemming. Also, according to rawr, the meta gem I have seems to be the best. 11 Mp5 and 3% extra healing from crits (1% more from divine aegis too, maybe?) makes it a pretty good meta for cast spells.

    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...dge&cn=Andaria
    I won't rate you, only give a comment about the meta choice
    I'm going to assume your disc main with holy offspec due to the fact that you're in disc when lookig at your armory currently. it's true that DA improves the meta further but to get a true estimate of the meta you must consider how much of your healing is from shielding. if we play around with figures and pretend you have more than 40% of your effective healing coming from shields alone there's less than 60% of your spells that actually can crit. that means you'll see alot less from the increased crithealing part than at first glance.
    the insightful meta on the other hand (I hope it's name is, manarestore on spellcast) is considered to be over 50 effective mp5 while chaincasting.
    now, if you don't ever have manaissues then extra throughput is always nice however.
    that's just my 2 cents.

  13. #33

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

    http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...hwing&cn=Choeb


    Few explanations. I stack spellpower, but I maintain ~30k unbuffed mana, as in my experience that gives me enough mana regen to never fully oom, even on high throughput fights like BQ. Hence the occasional 20 int gem, or 10int/5mp (for +sp setbonusses).

    In case you wonder why I gemmed certain parts (like chest over necklace, necklace would have given me set bonus) with int, this has to do with my shadow offspec set. I am keeping it balanced that the pieces I replace to achiev hit cap for shadowing are the ones I gem with intellect, so I can have an effective shadow and discipline set, and not a shadow set where I have pieces with gemmed int.

  14. #34

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Choeb
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...hwing&cn=Choeb


    Few explanations. I stack spellpower, but I maintain ~30k unbuffed mana, as in my experience that gives me enough mana regen to never fully oom, even on high throughput fights like BQ. Hence the occasional 20 int gem, or 10int/5mp (for +sp setbonusses).

    In case you wonder why I gemmed certain parts (like chest over necklace, necklace would have given me set bonus) with int, this has to do with my shadow offspec set. I am keeping it balanced that the pieces I replace to achiev hit cap for shadowing are the ones I gem with intellect, so I can have an effective shadow and discipline set, and not a shadow set where I have pieces with gemmed int.
    Not a realistic raiding spec in my view, no spell warding, no healing focus, both very good for an intense raiding environment. Rest is acceptable though, giving your conditionals. The gemming is indeed a waste. :P Average pugger priest imo.

    Here you mine if you want to take a look, not that interesting, might have an odd glyph or spec due to what i do specifically in raids.

    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ore+of+Insight

  15. #35

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

    I'd cry if I only had ~400 haste. Although, I do want 25% hcrit again.

    I'd recommend changing your back enchant to darkweave (it's like a mini-manaregen-trinket in an enchant).. doing this would allow you to stop worrying about gemming for int so much, and allow you to go sp/spirit instead (increasing you're total throughput).

  16. #36
    The Patient tehmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Omaha NE
    Posts
    277

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

    yeah get more haste. like 650 is something to aim for. keep crit at 25%. Ditch that horrible wand.

    Think dude above me was trying to say lightweave which you have

    sp/haste gems imo

  17. #37

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

    Talents look good, but stats are skewed by your fishing gear. But rest looks pretty solid, so I assume weapons are not worse.
    I want to know what your raid leader makes you do if you glyph Mind Sear as healer
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".

  18. #38
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Elune
    Posts
    996

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

    Quote Originally Posted by tehmark
    yeah get more haste. like 650 is something to aim for. keep crit at 25%. Ditch that horrible wand.

    Think dude above me was trying to say lightweave which you have

    sp/haste gems imo
    Actually, Lightweave is the SP proc, Darkglow is the mana proc. The latter is a very solid regen enchant and, especially if you're still gemming for regen, it's solid. I also tend to prefer it because I find the SP proc to be less useful for healing than the average SP it provides would imply because my philosophy is that it may proc when it isn't useful and not proc when it would be, unlike for DPS where more SP is always useful.

  19. #39

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

    Quote Originally Posted by tehmark
    yeah get more haste. like 650 is something to aim for. keep crit at 25%. Ditch that horrible wand.

    Think dude above me was trying to say lightweave which you have

    sp/haste gems imo
    anub heroic, since i mainly aoe until phase 3, to help on the adds so he doesn't mind. the other glyph would be a flash heal, and i don't have mana issues as disc anyways.

  20. #40

    Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

    I didn't see the last few people post their links but here is mine. Thinking about buying badge trinket or belt soon (need 3 more badges). I'm disc.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...thwing&cn=Zhea
    80 Blood Elf Disc Priest - Deathwing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •