Tank gear question

Hi, I was just wondering about a couple gear choices and seeing if I could get some input on them from others.

Here's a link to my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ghoof&cn=Danwe

Currently I'm wearing the chest off northrend beasts and the legs off lord jarraxus from 25TogC. What I'm thinking of doing is replacing those items with the T10 chest and the legs off marrowgar 25. Now by doing so I gain more armor/stam across the board and also get my 2set which is more threat obviously and which I am aiming for, but if I replace the legs as well, I drop myself bellow the expertise soft cap of 26. So, I'm wondering if its worth going for that extra bit of stats from the legs off marrowgar 25 at the cost of so much expertise. Keep in mind that the hit that the legs off marrowgar provide me are almost pointless as I'm already above the 8% hit cap.

Legs in question
    Lord Jarraxus 25 TogC legs :http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=47061
    Lord Marrowgar 25 ICC legs :http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=49964

Any input or suggestions on the situation would be appreciated.

Re: Tank gear question

Sorry to completely disregard your question, but I am very disappointed with your post. Seeing as how you play on an RP-PvP realm, I honestly thought that I was going to see a properly role-played approach to your request. I have never played on an RP realm, but I might just create myself a toon on one and go sit and watch trade chat for a while.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

RP-PVP = PVP now days, theres very litte RP on my server these days sadly =/
    Just the regular QQing and spam in trade

10+ Year Old Account

screw watching trade channel. raid hogger.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

marrowgar legs are better. Just switch to the seal of vengeance glyph and you won't have a problem w/ expertise.

I already use the Seal of vengeance glyph tho, if I decided to drop those legs, I would be down to 19exp (3 from racial, 10 from glyph and 6 from talents) I'd be 7exp short of the 26 soft cap. Thats assuming the chest is already replaced as well, which it will be once I get enough emblems.

Quote Originally Posted by amgor
    RP-PVP = PVP now days, theres very litte RP on my server these days sadly =/
    Just the regular QQing and spam in trade
    while that may be the case, I was totally hoping that you could enlighten me in the ways of WoW RP. Sorry if I am killing your post.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

All good, all though, I would appreciate an opinion or suggestion if you have one about my question

Odds are you will be replacing your bracers pretty soon and in doing so you will lose 44 hit rating. Your other massive source of hit rating is your helm. You may consider replacing it in the future for a helm with either higher armor or higher avoidance.

Your desire to get the 2pc for threat purposes seems strange. I have yet to find a prot pally that couldn't build absurd amounts of threat. If it was a real concern of yours, why don't have you Armsman on your gloves?? Care to explain?

The reason I'm after that little boost in threat is for the 1st couple of seconds of a fight or when theres an aggrow drop. Yes dps can slow down and all, but its just for those couple of seconds for that small bit of threat that I'd like to go for that chest. Also ever since the new changes done to them, thats ruffly 1k extra armor, which is one of the main reasons I'm going for that chest, as well as the set bonus. For the helm and bracers, yes I know my bracers need replacing but the helm I doubt I'll be replacing sometime soon.

Further addressing the question I posed that you didnt touch. Currently, there are 3 legit enchants for tank gloves. Armsman is the least desirable because tanks normally never have threat issues. The 18 Stam provided by the Heavy Borean Armor Kit is a better alternative because it increases your EH.

As I understand it from a maximum mitigation/highest EH standpoint, [Glove Reinforcements] offer the highest EH you can get on a set of gloves. Rawr heavily favors this enchant and it almost seems like this enchant should be automatic considering how many tanks are pushing for max armor now.

I'd like to hear what Offhand has to say about this.

Quote Originally Posted by amgor
    The reason I'm after that little boost in threat is for the 1st couple of seconds of a fight or when theres an aggrow drop. Yes dps can slow down and all, but its just for those couple of seconds for that small bit of threat that I'd like to go for that chest. Also ever since the new changes done to them, thats ruffly 1k extra armor, which is one of the main reasons I'm going for that chest, as well as the set bonus. For the helm and bracers, yes I know my bracers need replacing but the helm I doubt I'll be replacing sometime soon.
    I'd get the pillars of might made as they are still BiS for EH and go with the cataclysmic badge chest.

7 expertise represents 1.75% increased chance to land your attacks, ignoring RNG weirdness thats <1.75% increased threat as not all your attacks can be parried/dodged.

As for the first couple of seconds of agro, this isn't your fault, get your hunters to MD and your rogues to TotT as they should be, a 20% boost on HotR isn't going to provide much additional head room in the first few GCD's for your DPS.

You'd have the same strength with the cataclysmic chest/pillars of might as you would with the marrowgar legs/T10 chest and the cataclysmic chest would exp soft cap you. This combination would also be a much larger boost in stam/armor than the T10 chest/marrowgar legs would be, keep you exp soft capped, and all you lose is the T10 2pc.

If you really want the T10 2pc the helm is a better choice as it is a very strong piece even completely ignoring the set bonuses.

that sounds good, thank you for the input and I'll start aiming for those 2 pieces