Thread: Rogue Macros

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Rogue Macros

Quote Originally Posted by Tollon
    I am a Blood Elf rogue and I wonder if there is a way to create a macro that casts Kick and adapts to instead cast Arcane Torrent if Kick is on cooldown?
    That way I can have a one button interrupt. Is it possible to do?
    There's no way to check if an ability is on cooldown.

Deleted

For the kick/silence macro, i think that this should do well:

/castsequence reset=10 kick, arcanne torrent

haven t tried it yet because i m at work, but it should do the job

Quote Originally Posted by Silage
    #showtooltip Sinister Strike
    /cast Sinister Strike(Rank 12)
    /target volatile
    /target gas

Great for Putricide fight, easier than tabbing around for the slime guys
    You're gonna get bent at Putricide HM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    I'd assume "Random-Special-Attack" is on the GCD? If so, it's not possible without a modifier of some sorts.

#showtooltip [nomodifier] Random-Special-Attack; Deadly Throw
    /cast [nomodifier] Random-Special-Attack; Deadly Throw.

or

#showtooltip [modifier:alt] Deadly Throw; Random-Special-Attack
    /cast [modifier:alt] Deadly Throw; Random-Special-Attack

Depending on if you just want alt to cast DT or if you want ANY modifier to cast DT.
    Green one works

It works for a short time. Now it doesn't, blizzard cheats online?
    Haters always gonna, 'Hate'.

Hmm ok, any help with creating a macro for sprint/engi boots boost? im in need of a macro to cast one of the abilities if the other one is on CD, and to use only one when both arent on CD, so when i got both aviable and do the macro only one is used, and if i press it again then the other one is used, but not both at same time.
    any ideas?

easyest way to get tricks on current tank

first of all get grid and clique
    keybind tott to a key

target boss/mob
    look at what tank he aggro's then click/mouseover grid and use the tott keybind.
    done

A weapon-swap friendly mutilate macro (if for whatever reason if you temporarily equip nondaggers on a mutilate build, eg, double IP FoK spamming with 2 2.6 speed axes/swords):

/startattack
    /cast [equipped:daggers] Mutilate
    /cast Sinister Strike

All-in-one ranged weapon (this is mostly useful for leveling if you wanna pull a mob by using your ranged weapon). I put this in my general macros because it really IS all-in-one. It will work for rogues, warriors, mages, priests, warlocks, and even hunters (although not really useful with hunters as they'd want to use auto shot).

/cast [equipped:Thrown] Throw
    /cast [equipped:Bow/Gun/Crossbow/Wand] Shoot

can some1, plz, post macro for tot which will cast tot on target if its friendly and if enemy is targeted to cast tot on focus target. ty

will this work ?? to target tank, cast tot on him and then target only boss and cast tot on focus target
    #showtooltip Tricks of the Trade
    /cast [help][focus,help]Tricks of the Trade
    Last edited by Psychoja; 2010-07-19 at 10:32 AM.

Deleted
    Hi there

Is anyone able to share a blind macro, to blind an add without switching target?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoja View Post
    can some1, plz, post macro for tot which will cast tot on target if its friendly and if enemy is targeted to cast tot on focus target. ty

will this work ?? to target tank, cast tot on him and then target only boss and cast tot on focus target
    /cast [help][focus,help]Tricks of the Trade
    What you have there is missing an @ in front of focus, otherwise it'll cast on friendly focus, otherwise on friendly target.
    To make it cast on friendly target, else on friendly focus, else on targetoftarget, you need to add @targettarget in there, like this:
    Code:
    /cast [help][@focus,help][@targettarget,help]Tricks of the Trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelcrazy View Post
    Hi there

Is anyone able to share a blind macro, to blind an add without switching target?

Thanks in advance
    Depends on what you want.
    You can do:
    Code:
    /cast [@focus,harm][@mouseover,harm][harm]blind
    this will cast blind on your focus if your focus is hostile, and if you don't have a focus, or you have a friendly focus, it will cast blind on the unit you're mousing over if hostile.
    If you're mousing over nothing, or over a friendly unit, you'll cast blind on your target, like you would normally just hitting the button without a macro.
    Last edited by Prandur; 2010-09-18 at 06:42 PM.

I use this TotT macro:

/cast [help] [target=focus, help] [target=targettarget, help] Tricks of the Trade

Priority is Target/Focus/Target of Target

---------- Post added 2010-09-24 at 02:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tollon View Post
    I am a Blood Elf rogue and I wonder if there is a way to create a macro that casts Kick and adapts to instead cast Arcane Torrent if Kick is on cooldown?
    That way I can have a one button interrupt. Is it possible to do?
    I think the best you could do is

#showtooltip
    /cast kick
    /cast arcane torrent

Spam it. If kick is on CD it should trigger AT.

/cast [mod:alt,@mouseover,exists,help][@Focus]Tricks of the Trade

/cast [mod:alt,@Rogue2][@Rogue1]Tricks of the Trade
    /run SendChatMessage("[Tricks of the Trade] on you!", "WHISPER", nil, IsModifiedClick("ALT") and "Rogue2" or "Rogue1")

These are my two tricks macros I use.

Feint

Hello, perhaps someone can help, with the overwhelming use of feint recently, i was simply trying to link it to my mut and BS macros so i will always have the 50% AOE damage reduction, yet i cannot seem to get is to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Feint is on the GCD so it can't be directly linked to other abilities as say an on use trinket can. I'd just get used to using feint when you need to.

Plus Feint has a CD so you'll never *always* have 50 percent AOE, even if you're sub and are talented into Enveloping Shadows. A lot of AOE damage is predictable anyway - Feint being on CD when you need it is no fun. In situations where the AOE is constant, just pay attention to when Feint comes off CD and use it immediately. Get something like Doom Cooldown Pulse if you want something to make it more clear when it comes off. .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TWBrien View Post
    I think the best you could do is

#showtooltip
    /cast kick
    /cast arcane torrent

Spam it. If kick is on CD it should trigger AT.
    Bad news with that macro, is it wastes both CD's at once, Arcane Torrent & Kick at the same time. It would be nicer if it would just use kick primarily first, and Arcane Torrent 2nd if kick was on its CD

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    For the kick/silence macro, i think that this should do well:

/castsequence reset=10 kick, arcane torrent

haven t tried it yet because i m at work, but it should do the job
    Just now Tested it. Doesn't work. Used this Macro

#showtooltip Kick
    /castsequence reset=10 Kick, Arcane Torrent

I would love to have that macro work, but im actually here to ask for help for another.
    I'm looking for a cast sequence that works for Adrenaline Rush.
    To Successfuly Macro it with Sinister strike so it will auto-use when cooldown is ready again.
    So i may consecutively performing sinister strikes & not have to worry about adrenaline rush CD.

Any input would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by The_Butcher; 2011-02-19 at 07:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

I need help with a macro that will cast stealth if out of combat, vanish if im in combat and Shadowmeld if im in combat and vanish is on cooldown.

Please help
    Night Elf till I die
    Everything else is second best

Quote Originally Posted by The_Butcher View Post
    I would love to have that macro work, but im actually here to ask for help for another.
    I'm looking for a cast sequence that works for Adrenaline Rush.
    To Successfuly Macro it with Sinister strike so it will auto-use when cooldown is ready again.
    So i may consecutively performing sinister strikes & not have to worry about adrenaline rush CD.

Any input would be greatly appreciated
    Can't be done. Adrenaline Rush is on the GCD so it can't be macro'd into SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno
    I need help with a macro that will cast stealth if out of combat, vanish if im in combat and Shadowmeld if im in combat and vanish is on cooldown.

Please help
    Also cannot be done as macros cannot check for if something is on cooldown. Best you can do is below:

#showtooltip
    /cast [nocombat]Stealth;[combat,nomod]Vanish;[combat,mod]Shadowmeld

if you aren't in combat it will cast stealth, if you are in combat and aren't holding down any modifier like alt, shift or ctrl it will cast Vanish, and if you are in combat and you are holding a modifier down then it will cast Shadowmeld

#showtooltip blind
    /cast [nomod, stealth] Sap; [nomod, nostealth] Blind;
    /cast [mod:ctrl, target=focus, stealth] Sap; [mod:ctrl, target=focus, nostealth] Blind

#showtooltip Throw
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Deadly Throw
    /cast [nomod] !Throw

#showtooltip Stealth
    /cast [nomod] Stealth
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Vanish

#showtooltip MOUNT
    /castrandom [nomounted, flyable] Armored Blue Wind Rider
    /castrandom [nomounted, noflyable] Goblin Turbo-Trike
    /dismount

#showtooltip Stealth
    /cast [nomod] Stealth
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Vanish

#showtooltip Throw
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Deadly Throw
    /cast [nomod] !Throw

#showtooltip blind
    /cast [nomod, stealth] Sap; [nomod, nostealth] Blind;
    /cast [mod:ctrl, target=focus, stealth] Sap; [mod:ctrl, target=focus, nostealth] Blind

#showtooltip MOUNT
    /castrandom [nomounted, flyable] Armored Blue Wind Rider
    /castrandom [nomounted, noflyable] Goblin Turbo-Trike
    /dismount

/focus [target=mouseover,exists]; target