Thread: Rogue Macros

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Rogue Macros

Quote Originally Posted by Reflexion
    Flame me if I missed it, but does anyone have a macro that will use Hemo without a shift modifier and backstab while using the modifier?

Much appreciated.
    #showtooltip [modifier:alt] Backstab; Hemorrhage
    /cast [modifier:alt] Backstab; Hemorrhage

Should do the trick. Replace alt with whatever mod you're using.

I am currently using this macro as my SS button

/startattack
    /cast Sinister Strike
    /cast Blood fury
    /cast Mark of Supremacy

The only problem that i am facing is that when the trinket and racial is on cd, hitting the button makes a weird sound over and over again. Any macro to turn off that sound?

/startattack
    /cast Sinister Strike
    /cast Blood fury
    /cast Mark of Supremacy

If I use macro like this one, is there possibility that autoattack is losing some dsp? Something like autoattacking is restarting every time I click the macro? So if there woud be situation that my MH wep shout hit in 0.1 sec and i click macro autoattack restarts and it hits inn 2.15?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

/startattack won't reset your swing timers. It's safe to put in every single ability macro (I recommend it actually.)

So you mean to say that instead of using this one single macro in place of my SS. I should simply used normal SS and make seperate macros for the rest of my cds? my apologize if i understood it wrong.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

No, it's perfect in a SS macro, I was just recommending adding it to all of your combo point builders and finishers. That way if you mash any dps button at a target you're sure to start auto-attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Yahudan
    I am currently using this macro as my SS button

/startattack
    /cast Sinister Strike
    /cast Blood fury
    /cast Mark of Supremacy

The only problem that i am facing is that when the trinket and racial is on cd, hitting the button makes a weird sound over and over again. Any macro to turn off that sound?
    Change the macro to:

#showtooltip Sinister Strike
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /startattack
    /cast Sinister Strike
    /cast Blood fury
    /cast Mark of Supremacy
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1

Quote Originally Posted by Remo
    ==============================================================

/target desiredplayername
    /cast tricks of the trade
    /targetlasttarget

A tott macro that I use and it seems to work fairly well.

I set the tank as focus and use:

/cast [target=focus] Tricks of the Trade

doesnt change targets at all.
    It's just a game.

For tricks of the trade I'd recon getting Trix addon, that will do u 3 macros Trix1, Trix2, and TrixAIO.

Trix1 and Trix2 are targeted tricks, for lets say MT/OT/rogue and target is swapped out of combat with "/trix 1 <targetname>" or "/trix 2 <targetname>"
    TrixAIO is macro for giving tricks to your focus or target's target

showtooltip Tricks of the Trade
    /cast [help] [target=focus, help] [target=targettarget, help] Tricks of the Trade

these 3 macros will suit most of your tricking needs. But for cases when you can not foresee your trick target (vanishin putricides tear gas, gunship sorcerer). I am using this macro for trickin my mouseover target
    showtooltip Tricks of the Trade
    /cast [help] [target=mouseover, help]Tricks of the Trade

I am currently using TotT macro below:

#showtooltip Tricks of the Trade
    /run SendChatMessage("Tricks on you!", "WHISPER", nil, UnitName("focus"))

It will cast tricks on focus target, also giving notifying whisper to focus target.

Though, there's a problem that it will send a whisper even if you have Tricks on cooldown or whisper multiple times if you click it multiple times.
    If anyone knew if it was possible to somehow change it so it would send only single whisper and only when it's not on cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Virnu
    I am currently using TotT macro below:

/run SendChatMessage("Tricks on you!", "WHISPER", nil, UnitName("focus"))

If anyone knew if it was possible to somehow change it so it would send only single whisper and only when it's not on cooldown.
    I think this would work (can't test it right now )

/cast [target=focus]Tricks of the Trade
    /run start,duration,enable=GetSpellCooldown("Tricks of the Trade");if(start==0)then SendChatMessage("Tricks on you!", "WHISPER", nil, UnitName("focus"));end

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk
    I think this would work (can't test it right now )

/cast [target=focus]Tricks of the Trade
    /run start,duration,enable=GetSpellCooldown("Tricks of the Trade");if(start==0)then SendChatMessage("Tricks on you!", "WHISPER", nil, UnitName("focus"));end
    Ah, thank you very much, I'll have to try this one

Quote Originally Posted by Virnu
    It will cast tricks on focus target, also giving notifying whisper to focus target.

Though, there's a problem that it will send a whisper even if you have Tricks on cooldown or whisper multiple times if you click it multiple times.
    Get Trix addon, u never want to make any other macro to your tricking, except mouseover macro for random cases. No matter what trick macro u use, Trix will allow u to notify people/raid/etc u cast tricks on, and its configurable.

Can anyone please post a macro to target your current target's target?:P Thank you

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ajputka
    Can anyone please post a macro to target your current target's target?:P Thank you
    /assist
    Or, it's default bound to the F key.

There is one macro out there that I would like to have but I don't know if its possible.
    When I PvP as Sub I would love to embed a macro to all my abilities that pops http://www.wowhead.com/item=42131 only when Cheat Death has procced to maximize the time I survive.
    Ive seen macroes do stuff like that but Im a total nitwit when it comes to macro's. Anyone know if that would be possible?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kwakman
    There is one macro out there that I would like to have but I don't know if its possible.
    When I PvP as Sub I would love to embed a macro to all my abilities that pops http://www.wowhead.com/item=42131 only when Cheat Death has procced to maximize the time I survive.
    Ive seen macroes do stuff like that but Im a total nitwit when it comes to macro's. Anyone know if that would be possible?
    you can't make macros based around the fact that a proc occured or not.

Sorry for post it in here (Just thought it would be the best place), I'm looking for a macro where I can use 2 attacks.

1. 'Random-Special-Attack'
    2. Deadly Trow

This is (Ofcouse) for pvp only and maybe is its really nice I'll import it aswell for pve <3
    Any one who has the brains and/or the skills for it, could you please make me and the the other pvp-steamrollers happy?

-Cheers for reading and/or trying!
    Haters always gonna, 'Hate'.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

I'd assume "Random-Special-Attack" is on the GCD? If so, it's not possible without a modifier of some sorts.

#showtooltip [nomodifier] Random-Special-Attack; Deadly Throw
    /cast [nomodifier] Random-Special-Attack; Deadly Throw.

or

#showtooltip [modifier:alt] Deadly Throw; Random-Special-Attack
    /cast [modifier:alt] Deadly Throw; Random-Special-Attack

Depending on if you just want alt to cast DT or if you want ANY modifier to cast DT.

I am a Blood Elf rogue and I wonder if there is a way to create a macro that casts Kick and adapts to instead cast Arcane Torrent if Kick is on cooldown?
    That way I can have a one button interrupt. Is it possible to do?