Thread: Kitty threat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Kitty threat

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    I remain 1-5 on the dmg meters and I don't have to worry about my threat. If you're raiding with a good tank then it's no biggie. If you're doing heroics or raid trash then don't be surprised if you have to go bear from time to time.
    Well I wanted to see what I was doing wrong so I went to World of logs but it turns out you are mistaken. Your guild has a lot of reports and you are rarely near the top, usually you aren't even in the top half.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear
    Well I wanted to see what I was doing wrong so I went to World of logs but it turns out you are mistaken. Your guild has a lot of reports and you are rarely near the top, usually you aren't even in the top half.
    Looks like he's in the top half to me.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=3685&e=3903

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4711&e=5011

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3147&e=3348

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=5421&e=5710

I didn't even know my guild was using WoL...
    ty.

Edit: You shouldn't be questioning whether or not I'm telling the truth about my rank on the meters, you should be comparing yourself to my dps. The fact remains that I don't wait on pulls before dpsing and I don't pull aggro.
    This is who I tank with: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hammer&cn=Kysu

This may be a bit obvious, but have you checked to see if the rogues are using tricks on you for the 15% damage increase? I do average dps in my cat offspec (7k) and have never had to worry about threat, till a rogue 'did me a favor' with our lower TPS tank and gave me tricks a few times, spent most of the rest of the fight doing nothing. Take a look at the TPS of your tank on omen, if it isn't swinging between 7k and 10k then that's probably the whole of the problem (that's about what I push in bear and our DK does better than that). Personally I've found that warlocks and mages creep up to me most often for single target.

Also, you can't compare rogue threat to cat threat, cats can't vanish halfway through the fight.

Yes, kitties generate a lot of threat.

No, it is not your problem if you're out threating the tank. Tell him he sucks and get a new tank.

Cower is useless.

That's 4 out of approximately 100 ICC 25 fights. In any event this is going off on a tangent but I don't think its helpful for ferals to exaggerate their dps which I've seen on the wow forums as well.

However this is about threat, is it possible for the tank to still put out more threat than feral dps? Definitely

Does feral do more threat than other classes with similar threat reduction mechanics? In my experience yes, and by a large margin.

So my question is why is this happening?

That's 4 out of approximately 100 ICC 25 fights. In any event this is going off on a tangent but I don't think its helpful for ferals to exaggerate their dps which I've seen on the wow forums as well.

However this is about threat, is it possible for the tank to still put out more threat than feral dps? Definitely

Does feral do more threat than other classes with similar threat reduction mechanics? In my experience yes, and by a large margin.

So my question is why is this happening?
    Saurfang and Festergut are the benchmark dps fights. I'm often on add duty on Death whisperer, I tank marrowgar, gunship doesn't matter, Rotface is completely dependent on how many times you get the mutating injection (and I also tank it often), I tank Princes, Professor is.... well... professor.

Link your armory and link your tank's armory and we can tell you where the problem lies. Pask hasn't complained about aggro issues, neither has Alski (2 well established posters here who have shown that they have strong dps). I had aggro issues for the first time in months this week when we recruited a new tank. Never had a problem with any of our offspec tanks.

Let me rephrase the question.

Do you find your threat to be proportional to your DPS relative to other classes with the same passive threat reduction?

Let me rephrase the question.

Do you find your threat to be proportional to your DPS relative to other classes with the same passive threat reduction?
    Nope. Of course rogues have tricks, vanish (part of the rotation even) along with a feint that has uses and regularly gets used.

Kitty threat is really high. Not pulling off the tank high, but if the tank drops I'm usually 2nd.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

I'd suggest just waiting a few seconds at the start of the fight.

Also, in my personal opinion, Cower can kinda be worth using. The reason being, if your wasting the energy to use cower, you're not creating super threat for a few seconds. Yeah it sucks to use and can sometimes screw up your rotation, but the loss of energy resulting in the tank getting a bit more aggro before you can use your abilities again is doing exactly what its made for...

But cower sucks so tell your tank they need to learn to tank (or get some hit/exp) (:

Quote Originally Posted by Avenn
    Also, in my personal opinion, Cower can kinda be worth using. The reason being, if your wasting the energy to use cower, you're not creating super threat for a few seconds.
    Cower pretty much negates the threat from auto attack ... Cats has a base attack speed of 1.00 (1 auto attack per second) ... aka it doesn't do much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fano7
    Cower pretty much negates the threat from auto attack ... Cats has a base attack speed of 1.00 (1 auto attack per second) ... aka it doesn't do much at all.
    someone said that using cower only drops you 350dps, and not only are you using a global but you're using energy so its more than just a flat reduction

global means you obviously can't use a shred or something, and loss of energy is the same thing... cower is slightly more useful than people think, but it's not vanish, fade, soulshatter.. you have to use it proactively

Quote Originally Posted by Belajas
    And ofc Cower aint just for decorating spellbook/actionbar; at least its better than wasting 30s+ only autoattacking...
    erm yeah it reduces threat by what, 2k or something? i.e. like 1-2 white hits...

if you're going to pull of the tank and have no option, cower for shits and giggles. Course it's about as useful as shifting out of form and healing for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens
    do not use cower, pointless it does nothing and its a massive dps loss, take it from a raiding feral druid.
    Cower only lowers your threat by like 2500 at best. which in most cases you do more threat then that with a white attack =/... cower is bad don't use it.

Mention to a Rogue to use Tricks of the Trade if they aren't already.
    Mention to a Hunter to use Misdirection if they aren't already.
    Mention to a Paladin to use Hand of Salvation if they aren't already.
    Mention to a Tank to NOT BE BAD!...

they really need to nerf it, aye i agree the tanks usually sucks if you manage to pull aggro, but still if you get a dream start at an encounter you are screwed.... i dont see the damn problem give threat reduction i dont really think that dps should have to worry considerably about threat, its just ridiculous.. im mean sure if the tank isnt the greatest you have to think but ive tried waiting literaly 30 seconds before starting to dps and bam aggro....

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Rìghtlol
    Cower only lowers your threat by like 2500 at best. which in most cases you do more threat then that with a white attack =/... cower is bad don't use it.
    You and everyone else here knocking Cower need to learn the class. It's a threat reduction of 3474 every 10 seconds. Not useless as useless would mean it does absolutely nothing.

As far as the OP's concerns go....

Yes Kitties have threat issues - more so than other "hybrids"
    Yes Cower isn't the greatest tool in the box to use but it works if you use it when it's up. Threat reduction abilities are there for a reason - use them. Omen is there for a reason as well. If you pull threat as a DPS it's your own damn fault.

PS. A white hit of 3k does NOT equal 3k threat. That goes for DPS and tanks who have built in threat reducers and increases respectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus
    You and everyone else here knocking Cower need to learn the class. It's a threat reduction of 3474 every 10 seconds. Not useless as useless would mean it does absolutely nothing.

As far as the OP's concerns go....

Yes Kitties have threat issues - more so than other "hybrids"
    Yes Cower isn't the greatest tool in the box to use but it works if you use it when it's up. Threat reduction abilities are there for a reason - use them. Omen is there for a reason as well. If you pull threat as a DPS it's your own damn fault.

PS. A white hit of 3k does NOT equal 3k threat. That goes for DPS and tanks who have built in threat reducers and increases respectively.
    I think its been pointed out a few times that the reduction in threat from Cower comes more from the waste of energy. They could have made it a scaling ability by having it reduce threat by an amount equal to your attack power.

Warriors appear to have the similar problems to Feral. I don't have a problem with threat being a part of the game. I have a problem with it being a much bigger issue for some than others.

Considering there's no way for us to dps harder while reducing our threat, this argument is moot.

If you're in danger of pulling off your tank, you need a new tank or a new guild with a new tank.