Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Turrets During Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Awai
    I think this is more for the guilds that are having trouble downing this boss due to poorly geared members, bad latency and the like.
    If you're having that much difficulty with this encounter due to gear limitations, you should either not be doing this encounter or figuring out how you killed deathwhisper and not saurfang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitcher
    If you're having that much difficulty with this encounter due to gear limitations, you should either not be doing this encounter or figuring out how you killed deathwhisper and not saurfang.
    Raid make up might not be suited?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys
    Yes... Frostmourne is Mal'Ganis's penis...

Its a known issue and they will ban you for it. Blizzard sees it as an exploit.

Its a known issue and they will ban you for it. Blizzard sees it as an exploit.
    Source?

I doubt this is an exploit. I've seen people do it since day 1 and nobody has gotten banned for it.

Quote Originally Posted by thehoodie
    Source?

I doubt this is an exploit. I've seen people do it since day 1 and nobody has gotten banned for it.
    I dont have the source, but ppl in my guild said there was a blue post about it. Out guildleader wanted to use the turrets too, but others said you would get banned for it. Anyways, if you cant do it the normal way you deserve a ban "D

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    first off, if they were going to ban people they would have already.

They have said nothing about it that i can find, but i do hope they fix it in the next patch otherwise people that have no business doing him HM will probably kill him HM.
    They usually ban people in waves, they don't do them one at a time

A friend of mine killed Saurfang25 yesterday with typhooning blood beasts off the balcony. Worked like a charm.

And entering a cannon to avoid the mark sounds like an exploit, Blizzard prolly won't ban for it, but they'll fix it in the next patch.

I would immediately leave a raid that uses this "tactic". Even though the exploit is a result of Blizzards neglect, it is still exploiting. We occasionally still wipe on Saurfang, mostly due to said marks dying, but I prefer wiping an extra time, than having to feel dirty over this extremely cheap trick.

I've got news for the people using this exploit. You are not ready

It's an exploit. Done and done.

I'm with the other people, if you have to use this "tactic" then you're not ready for the encounter, let alone the bosses afterwards. You can go the whole fight without getting 1 Mark if your raiders are smart, well-coordinated, and your dps isn't half-assing it.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

If you need to use this tatic to down the encounter, try harder.
    Saufang is probably the easiest encounter in ICC, if your healers can't keep a marked target up then you need new healers. If your dps can't kite the blood beasts properly so that your getting more than one mark, you need new dps. If your struggling on the encounter as a whole, you need to leave ICC and go back to your ToC raids(heck, maybe even pop into Ulduar and encounter some bosses who pose somewhat of a challenge compared to ToC to get your raiders used to fighting non-tank&spank fights).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian
    I would immediately leave a raid that uses this "tactic". Even though the exploit is a result of Blizzards neglect, it is still exploiting. We occasionally still wipe on Saurfang, mostly due to said marks dying, but I prefer wiping an extra time, than having to feel dirty over this extremely cheap trick.

I have to agree with this person. I'd just feel both pretty lame and a cheater if I used such a "tactic" for downing Saurfang, and I don't see it as an accomplishment if people do it this way. Downing Saurfang the normal, intended way is much interesting and much more worthy of a congratulations.

I don't know if Blizzard will ban people for using this exploit or not, but I'd assume not. It does make the boss fight easier, yes, but it doesn't bug the boss itself. They'll most likely fix the turrets so that they don't work anymore in the future once Saurfang is active.

Seriously boys and girls. It doesn't get easier the further in you go. If your raid is having to resort to these cheap tactics, something is definately wrong.

Figure it out and work on it. This is ICC guys. Healers should be able to target switch, and DPS should be able to kite. Or in fact do anything except just DPS...

Seriously. You all turn off your recount and WoW would be a much better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

Stop whining around, same things as letting the first mark die ... unless you use all 4 turrets below 30% it's no exploit since you gain absolutely nothing over the (somewhat retardet strat) to let people die on purpose.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Antonidas&n=Luth%C3%ADen

15+ Year Old Account

I wasn't aware of this tactic until i read that, but we never had any trouble on saurfang once we got the idea. when it comes to cheap tricks like that i wouldn't recommend it anyway. you know blizzard is gonna fix it, why get use to it. I'd rather learn the fight the right way than learn the fight the exploit way then have to relearn it again the right way once its fixed.

as said before, Icc only gets harder past Saurfang, they did good with that. if you need a cheap trick so you can progress further you won't last.
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Why do you want to exploit sush an easy fight ;> ?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian
    Technically it's 'You are not prepared!'

But seriously, it's almost like the Saurfang encounter on normal level is tweaked towards performing it and getting "I've gone and made a mess" achievement at the same time. It's not that hard. Kiters kite and DPS does their thing until their arms fall off... The only time our guild wiped on this guy was the very first time when we didn't ~completely~ knew what to expect.
    After that it's no marks, or 1 mark when he's still only on 2% health anyway.

Really, this thing has no exploits needed. Besides, you ought to only pug raids that're farm-status anyway. And even then it's hit-or-miss.

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidd73
    I hate saurpuss in 25man. Too much lag, low framerates and too many missclicks. Cant ever get my hurricanes off in time or in the right spots. Plus all the misstargeting lowers my dps too much.
    If DPS is all that matters to you, you are doing it wrong. Also, how do you mess up Hurricane?

I have never heard of this tactic before. Last week our guild was able to down Saurfang without any marks being cast. We don't have a Priest either. I personally think the Priest bubbles preventing Blood Power is pretty cheap in, and of, itself.

2 Tanks + 2 Healers + 21 DPS = WIN

or

2 Tanks + 1 Healer + 7 DPS = WIN
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidd73
    I hate saurpuss in 25man. Too much lag, low framerates and too many missclicks. Cant ever get my hurricanes off in time or in the right spots. Plus all the misstargeting lowers my dps too much.
    Wait so you are trying to AoE? On the adds? You know... The adds with -75% damage taken from AoE? I doubt you should be raiding ICC25
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatinia View Post
    Deathwing begins to explode as he explodes

10+ Year Old Account

They fixed this bug at least 2 weeks ago.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________