Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Alliance vs Horde?

So I'm a bit annoyed by the fact that there's a lot of woos encounters between the Horde and Alliance. The factions are supposed to be opposed, right? Most of the encounters are something like:

Vrynn: Horde sucks!

Garrosh: Bark! Bark!

Thrall: I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that insult cause I'm so wise, and not because I have a thing for human chicks.

Garrosh: Bite!

Ronin/Tirion: Can't we all just get along?!

And this is bullcrap. I hope with the expansion we will see less of this and more open war. Look at the DK starter quests. You feel the evil, those guys strike at the Scarelt crusade with no remorse. Why don't the factions do the same. Orcs are savage by nature. They live for war, Forsaken are worse!

And I really WANT separate areas, not another Shattarath or a floating version of it - Dalaran. World PVP is next to gone. The only forms happen at summoning stones, which were made neutral areas as well in ICC, and a few times per day in Wintergrasp. They should encourage factions to attack each other anywhere. They should encourage city raids more often, not once for an achievement and a mount, attacking a city and successfully killing the leader should yield proper rewards.

That's the main point. More fighting less bonding. Says Warcraft not Hello Kitty Island Adventures.

Ghostcrawler :
    This isn't a contest to try to get your ideas into the game. Very, very few player suggestions are ever going to see the light of day. If you find that prospect too frustrating, then spend more effort describing problems rather than offering solutions, or just read along instead of posting.

Re: Allaince vs Horde?

The reason for Dalaran (I believe) is so they dont have to pop some new city out of there ahem..asses why would they go put all that effort in a city that will never be used in XX months when they can focus on ICC. But really if you look into it the Silver alliance elf guys HATE The Sunflowers but they gave them a part of the city Rhonin cant stand orcs yet he lets dwell in Dalaran.

Its all lore
    life is such a f-cking roller coaster then it drops,
    but what should I scream for this is my theme park,

And I really WANT separate areas, not another Shattarath or a floating version of it - Dalaran.
    Then you'll be glad to hear that Blizzard has no plans for a "sanctuary" city for Cataclysm, we'll be returning to our beloved Lagrimmar and Lagforge

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenFear
    Then you'll be glad to hear that Blizzard has no plans for a "sanctuary" city for Cataclysm, we'll be returning to our beloved Lagrimmar and Lagforge
    If they update UC with that sweet architecture you see in Forsaken areas in Northren I'm moving there. And I'm happy to hear it. I hate "Lets smoke the hippie pipe" areas. And I doubt one faction will bring about as much lag as two.
    Ghostcrawler :
    This isn't a contest to try to get your ideas into the game. Very, very few player suggestions are ever going to see the light of day. If you find that prospect too frustrating, then spend more effort describing problems rather than offering solutions, or just read along instead of posting.

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyFish
    If they update UC with that sweet architecture you see in Forsaken areas in Northren I'm moving there. And I'm happy to hear it. I hate "Lets smoke the hippie pipe" areas. And I doubt one faction will bring about as much lag as two.
    You clearly never played classic. Orgrimmar and Ironforge were 100x worse than shat or dalaran

Quote Originally Posted by luthiana
    You clearly never played classic. Orgrimmar and Ironforge were 100x worse than shat or dalaran
    But I did, and I've never had one problem with lag, I don't have any problems in Dalaran unless the server is acting up.
    Ghostcrawler :

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by luthiana
    o_O How could they be worse if each of them:
    - held players of only 1 faction
    - held roughly 1/2 (or 2/3 and 1/3) of that faction's population
    - were 3-4 times bigger than Dalaran

Maths says that if Dalaran holds 100% of players, then each of these cities should hold around 25%... How can they be worse?

Quote Originally Posted by ðεrfεℓ † καðαrηε

Maths says that if Dalaran holds 100% of players, then each of these cities should hold around 25%... How can they be worse?
    lulz?
    life is such a f-cking roller coaster then it drops,
    but what should I scream for this is my theme park,

Please turn off this thread before it becomes a flamefest like the others...

I beg you, please!
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid..."
    -A. Einstein.

Horde sucks. There, too late.

This isn't bashing either faction in any way, just my personal opinion.

To me, all in Warcraft lore, both factions have had a reason for disliking one another. But honestly, to me, the stem of hatred is all because of Varian alone and his reaction to the Wrath Gate. Garrosh is a hothead, and just as bad, but he has no authority to declare open war.

Just my two cents.

Re: Alliance vs Horde?

Indeed world PvP has become a thing of the past and i for one welcome no "Sanctuary" city in the upcoming expansion. I do agree there should be an award for downing faction bosses but not such a good reward that everytime you run to your cities AH your not hit by the lagspike of 40+ Horde or Alliance storming past you on their mounts on their way to knock up the king.

Personally i feel there should be no neutral area's in WoW, especially on non-pvp servers where you have the option to turn your pvp on and off as and when you choose to, if you have been off on a killing spree of the opposite faction and then get summoned to your raid finding youself being slaughtered by the opposite faction, tough shit, it's the circle of life (and it rules us all!)

You're absolutely right, OP. How *dare* the factions worry more about the Lich King, or an Old God, or later a dragon aspect that breaks the world, just because their leaders are complete tools.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Quote Originally Posted by ðεrfεℓ † καðαrηε

....because back then you didn't have connected AH. There were only ONE alliance AH which were in Ironforge, and there where only ONE horde action house which could be found in Orgrimmar, and back then the lagg might have been feeling a little worse due to the amount of RAM which computers had back then. However I don't remember being any server lagg, in the major cities but I could remember wrong. I lagged mainly due to the amount of players.
    Ansgar the Insane

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenFear
    Now that AHs are in other cities, I have found that Stormwind has become far more populous than Ironforge.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xylense

To me, all in Warcraft lore, both factions have had a reason for disliking one another. But honestly, to me, the stem of hatred is all because of Varian alone and his reaction to the Wrath Gate. Garrosh is a hothead, and just as bad, but he has no authority to declare open war.

Just my two cents.
    Well if your father was killed by an orc your hometown burned to the ground then almost assasinated by the same orc that killed your dad you be pissed to even though i hate the way there making varian look in the game is annoying garrosh i dont know what his problem is he needs a ass whoopin for his attitude God im gonna miss thrall being the leader of the Horde :'(

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Well if your father was killed by an orc your hometown burned to the ground then almost assasinated by the same orc that killed your dad you be pissed to even though i hate the way there making varian look in the game is annoying garrosh i dont know what his problem is he needs a ass whoopin for his attitude God im gonna miss thrall being the leader of the Horde Cry
    I will miss Thrall but we do seriously need Garrosh. Thrall has taken the peace route for too long, Varian is preparing for war. We need Garrosh, and the only reason he's so hostile is because of everything he's gone through. I mean can ya blame the guy for hating the same people who have outlawed his people for so long?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

the only REAL reason Varian and Garrosh were put into the game was because Blizz needed an ass-pull to cause hostilities between the Alliance and Horde.

Admit it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by UraRenge
    the only REAL reason Varian and Garrosh were put into the game was because Blizz needed an ass-pull to cause hostilities between the Alliance and Horde.

Admit it.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xylense

Just my two cents.
    You know that the hatred between the Alliance and the Horde started long before the events of WoW took place right? (Warcraft: Orcs and Humans) horde invaded Azeroth through the Dark Portal and attacked the human kingdoms without provocation. Then in the sequel (warcraft 2, yes hard to believe there were warcraft games before Warcraft 3...) they attacked the Alliance in Lordaeron to wipe them out once and for all, and lost.