Thread: Bored of WoW?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bored of WoW?

Im starting to get bored of WoW and Pve with my hunter and shaman. Pvp is sorta fun. i try leveling classes and thats boring also. What should i do!

Re: Bored of WoW?

take time off. It worked for me in the past. Or change scenery, Guild, server, etc.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Go out and do what I do, collect mounts and pets! Maybe even take up a spot of fishing! You never know, you may start a new in-game hobby

15+ Year Old Account

Or even.. more of the same. I started a new shaman and warrior (i have both to 80) and it's alot of fun. Especially since blizz changed the leveling a bit, we get alot more spells earlier on.. (victory rush at like lvl8? one shot everything).

Same problem here.

I think the boredom of me is caused by not being able to raid much. I've tried to level 2 alts, the first one is a lolladin wich i got till lvl 23 then i got bored like hell and the second one is an nubknight wch i got till 64 and got even more bored of it then my lolladin.

But i think when i am able to raid more i have more of an longterm achievement wich i can work for instead of walking trough Dalaran 9/10 times.

I did get very bored with WoW not long ago, so what i did was thought of a class i really wanted but never could level in the past which was a rogue and started one. I really like playing him now and its made me interested again especially with the new leveling system.

Main reason i was bored though was because i was sick of playing my resto shaman so changed my Paladin to my main last night.

15+ Year Old Account

You have probably been playing the content for to long. I would wait till Cataclysm hits. Roll a Goblin/Worgen (fresh start) and enjoy the revamped zones.
    Dawwwwwww

For me raiding and my guild keep me interested. Without a good guild the game would get boring - pugging raids and doing dailies.

I enjoyed farming rep for a few months as I can solo all of the Classic and TBC instances. Now I am at 39 reps and just waiting for Ashen Verdict to get my 40. Don't really want to farm rep any more.

I am levelling an alt (Rogue) which I LOVE. You should try levelling a character instead of a Pally or a Hunter. For me the most mindless class (please don't take it personally) is Hunter. Have you tried a Druid. They are really versatile and fun to level and have some great utility in raids.

Also, maybe try class that offer different roles. E.g. have a char that can tank, have a ranged and a melee dps, and have a good healer.

15+ Year Old Account

I am bored of WLK, I don't think you can ever get bored of WoW considering it never ends.

Looking forward to flying around in Cata, farming some more pets and getting lvl'd and geared up again, but I'm burnt on anything serious. It's all shits and giggles from here on out since I've done it all before and there's nothing left to do (or to prove) so it's finally time to just have fun.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Everyone's bored of WoW right now. Cataclysm just can't be close enough.

I round up my WoW playing with other games like Mass Effect 2 and Team Fortress 2, so I get some variation and don't get too bored with WoW.

what i do in these cases, is staying in ventrilo/ts, holding contact to my guild buddies, and talking a bit while playing nethack.

one of the coolest games out there if you dont lack fantasy, but be aware it is ASCII graphics. Yeah there are some graphical overlay solutions out, but if you really want to play it, there is nothing better than the good old ASCII mode.

Since people here are really afraid of keylogging links i wont post any link, if you are somehow interested you can google for "nethack".

I play counterstrikers!

I have run in to a bit of the same problem. I come from the server antonidas, progression there is pretty crap but I was lucky enough to get into one of the better guilds (mainly just wanted my iron bound), But I have even been bored with that. Mount and pet collecting can be fun, but it's really just a tedious grind in the end. What I have done to counter boredom is start to level a new alt and cap it at 60, then gear it up in bwl and aq40 as sort of a tribute to the glory days. I was also thinking about doing this on a separate account so I could do real bgs, and maybe even join this all lvl 60 raiding guild on draka http://www.screamsofthepast.com/
    Cthulolz, the mage you love to hate, or hate to love?

As tedious as leveling is, I actually find it to be refreshing from grinding heroics and then waiting around for raids. So if you're bored, that can be an alternative. Or just take a break, play other games, save a few months worth or subscription fees.

Im actually torn between bored and busy.

Dont get me wrong, icc is cool and all, but lately I've been getting sick of 10min fights. I know thats not really a long time, but its just starting to feel like forever. It doesnt matter if I'm dps'ing or tanking, I get bored during a boss fight. Its nothing again bliz or icc or w/e, I think I am just getting sick of raiding in general.

I have more fun on my 74 lock and lowbie druid then I do on my 80s. I play this game to have fun, and the few things that make it fun no longer do. Ever since I've started this game, I play for about 5 months, get bored, quit, and come back 3 -4 months later. Guess what, its been about 5 months and I'm trying not to quit again since every time I come back I have to catch up all over again.

Then again, I'm about to say fuk it and quit till cata. I used to think "i gota raid so i can stay up with content" and stuff like that. But I would rather enjoy myself ya know?

lvl 19 druid here i come...

There is also a lot of awesome series available, I always watch movies/series few hours per day before I start to play WoW

Take a break! WoW will still be here, when you get back... If you come back, of course.

I was bored once. I ..uhh... gave away my account. Was sober for 6 months till the bug bit me and bought a new WoW. This was like 3 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raunoman
    Only idiots quote themselves

I'm bored too. I got 5 80ies (3*60-70ish), played every role / fraction and because of the new lfg tool you're sick of rolling through the same faceroll heroics everyday on maybe every alt
    Even PuGs are just available for PDK (which gets boring VERY fast) and ICC. So, eventually I just idle in Dalaran, flame in /2 and raid 2 times a week in a casual guild.
    For my part I believe I'm done with WoW after killing the lich king, I got about 240 days of playtime, played since vanilla, maybe it's time to move along
    I'm not saying wow is a bad game, but even fucking Jessica Alba trillion times MAY get old

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raunoman
    I was bored once. I ..uhh... gave away my account. Was sober for 6 months till the bug bit me and bought a new WoW. This was like 3 years ago.
    You forgot the "Hi my name is Raunoman, and I'm an WoWcoholic."

Obviously you didn't read the 12 step program or Jesus Jenkins would have intervened.
    Facilis Descensus Averno