Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Are shaman bad, or other healers overcheated?

I dont think shamans are as bad as they used to be resto wise, but people still seem to think they are, in my guild im constantly sat out of the "elite" ten mans nowadays when i was a regular months ago, i was sat out over a trial for our deaths demise attempts and our frist blood queen attemps. It gets very frustrating
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommorello
    do not use healbot it will make you a worse healer. on twins, spam chain heal in the melee, make use of cooldowns, make sure totems are down before the pull, and let the other healers worry about the ranged (that is, if all youre worried about is chart topping)
    You have no idea how wrong you are. ANY raid mod will enhance your healing output. The different between clique + grid/healbot vs. mouse-overs on the other hand is %100 preference. Also, chain the tanks... learn to play before you make wrong suggestions.

But personally I'd say, that as long as nobody dies, then your healing is just fine. Healing isn't about topping the meters, but about keeping people alive after all.

But personally I'd say, that as long as nobody dies, then your healing is just fine. Healing isn't about topping the meters, but about keeping people alive after all.
    This is true but its a shame a lot of guild leaders live by the meters
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tommorello
    mouseover macros increase healing output
    Pressing a key while your mouse is hovering over a unit frame is no faster than clicking on the unit frame. If anything this hinders movement as your left hand is pressing a key as your right hand is over a specific position.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak
    This is exactly what I do , I keep the boss targeted at all times and just use Clique + Xperl frames to heal my raid. Since I lead raids its alot easier to pay attention to things the boss is casting or the target of target debuffs (tank) etc. etc. Also for interrupting on mobs with WInd Shear is nice since its not on the GCD. Every time I see a video on tankspot or wherever with a healers perspective they target the person as they heal and I always wonder why, but now I understand with this mouseover stuff. Interesting.
    Most of the healers in the videos actually have a mouseover unit frame. It's amazingly helpful.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Also, if it hasn't been stated yet. You should be using the new frost badge totem. Stack it 3x before the boss pull and riptide every time its up (which you should be doing anyway)

I thought Earth Shield put all shamans on top healer?