Leatrix Latency Fix - Does it work? Anyone tried this before?

Like the title says, I'm just curious.

Leatrix Latency Fix
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyFix.html

Its not that I'm worried this is a spyware or something. I'm sure WoWInterface will shut it down long ago. Just wondering if anyone uses this or tried this addon? Is it even worth installing?

What does it do?

Leatrix Latency Fix will reduce your World of Warcraft latency significantly by increasing the frequency of TCP acknowledgements sent to the game server. For the technically minded, this is a script which will modify TCPAckFrequency.

You will also see reduced latency in other online games such as Aion, Warhammer and Lord of the Rings. The average reduction in latency (based on feedback from comments) is 66%. Click the Change Log tab above to see a summary of player feedback.

System Requirements

Leatrix Latency Fix is supported on these operating systems only.

Windows XP (SP2 or higher)
    Windows Vista (SP1 or higher)
    Windows 7
    Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows are supported.
    Macintosh users should read the relevant section in the FAQ below.

How It Works

Wow uses the TCP protocol which requires that network segments sent to your computer be acknowledged in order to provide a reliable connection.

Windows bundles these acknowledgements together and sends them in pairs. While this is an efficient way of dealing with them generally, the inevitable delays caused by the bundling process increase latency considerably.

This is because when Windows queues up an acknowledgement in order to bundle it with the following one, the game server has to wait for the acknowledgement timer to expire before sending new data.

Leatrix Latency Fix removes the acknowledgement bundling process so that an acknowledgement is sent immediately for every segment that's received. This produces a significant reduction in latency as there is no longer a delay before new data is sent to your computer.

In a normal networking environment, you would prioritise network efficiency over latency and use the Windows defaults, but in Wow the opposite is true and you want the lowest latency you can possibly get.

Re: Leatrix Latency Fix - Does it work? Anyone tried this before?

I've seen alot of people praising it, almost all positive reaction to it saying it worked really well. For me personally it did not.

10+ Year Old Account

Works like a charm. Back in the days I raided with like 100-120ms, with the fix it got down to 30-40ms
    It's super awesome.

This is just the TCP No Delay fix in an easy registry file.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm using it, but I'm not sure at what becost it makes WoW latency better. I think I heard something with other things than online games being slower. Is that correct?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    I'm using it, but I'm not sure at what becost it makes WoW latency better. I think I heard something with other things than online games being slower. Is that correct?
    Why should it? If you read the description on the addon page you should know that.

Copy pasting all that info almost makes this post look like a commercial.

Not withstanding, it cut my latency by more than half. Before i'd sit between 160 to 180ms, and afterward it hovered around 60-90ms. It's not even an add-on, so it doesn't ride your systems memory. All it does is change a line in your registry to handle packets differently, making it more streamlined with Blizzards servers. If you don't like it, or if other online games/applications start fouling up, you can use the uninstaller.

The registry change is even something you could do yourself, Leatrix just makes it easy for us lazy people. You can either dig through your registry; Run /regedit, search search search, there it is, don't mess up, edit registry line, okay, save, restart, and hope you didn't mess up (if you're unfamiliar with regediting). Or you can; Click install, restart, game on.

Truly a complicated application.

15+ Year Old Account

Using this for years, its not only working for WoW but also AION/L2/GW/WAR etc.

All mmo's (@me that is), work much smoother with this reg hax. (from 100ms to 30).

But then again, Blizzard servers are rly bad these days, in BC times latency and programming was 10x beter.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

I use it, and it reduced my latency by about 300ms. Never felt any downside to it. Definitely worth getting, there's not really any reason not to get it and try it out. It's simple to uninstall if for some reason you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by phai
    30-40ms
    Makin' me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

works like a charm I forgot to install a simular fix after my latest reinstalment of windows, and my latency was ~200ms, after I installed it I get mostly <10ms. I also called my internetprovider and asked them to lower the failsettings they have so that might have helped to

Im pretty sure its the registry edit latency fix that has been showed to the public like 2 years ago. And it worked prefectly for me and all my friends.
    Its just simplified for unexperienced PC users, no registry settings have to be made by user but script does it all.