Deleted

[Enh]: Next Emblem of Frost piece to buy?

Hi.

I was wondering what I should buy with Emblems of Frost; I have 120 of them.

I'm thinking of saving up to 150, so I can buy T10 Chest + shoulders so I don't lose the 4PT t9 bonus before I get the 2P t10 one. Would be nice to get the 4p t10 bonus asap as well.

But, on the other hand, I really want the Totem of Avalanche. It's like 50 static AP more than QE, and it procs off a much more commonly used spell (Stormstrike) than QE (Lava Lash). I usually end up with QE not being up because I almost *never* use LL. And it's a shame to wait 1 second extra to use Shock or SS because I have to keep QE up by spamming LL.

Here's my armory:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...atol&cn=Zaijin

Giev advice pl0s.

Re: [Enh]: Next Emblem of Frost piece to buy?

head&shoulders imo, and LL shouldnt be a problem in your rotation to keep the buff up almost all the time

You can buy head right away. Then shoulders. Don´t buy gloves, get the ones from blood queen 25 man.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by djoze
    head&shoulders imo, and LL shouldnt be a problem in your rotation to keep the buff up almost all the time
    Eh? T10 head is almost a DOWNGRADE from my current head (the one from ony25)
    Also, my FN is both glyphed and talented, so it's almost always off CD, and it costs me DPS to use LL rather than FN. (Which I have to if I want to keep QE up)

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems
    Also, my FN is both glyphed and talented, so it's almost always off CD, and it costs me DPS to use LL rather than FN to keep the totem up.
    For single target fights it isn't a good idea to have Fire Nova glyphed.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lumb
    For single target fights it isn't a good idea to have Fire Nova glyphed.
    Which glyph should I get instead then? ???

Wf glyph

Should probably try out feral spirit, flame shock, and storm strike glyphs. Also, isn't the elemental totem better for enhance than the enhance one?
    Retired WoW player. Ameteur family man.

Also, my FN is both glyphed and talented, so it's almost always off CD, and it costs me DPS to use LL rather than FN. (Which I have to if I want to keep QE up)

then buy legs...

If he buys legs and equips them he'll see a substantial dps loss

Deleted

Feral spirit, SS and either WF or FS glyphs. How good either relic is depends on individual haste ep values although it's easier to keep the elemental one rolling on high movement fights like Blood Queen air phase or changing to slimes on Putricide.

I personally went for gloves and shoulders first (bought them together to keep 4 piece T9 longer), but I was really eager to test out the 2 piece bonus. Got my 4 piece bonus yesterday and up until now the only offpiece that has dropped for me is the mail helm from Marrowgar 25 (nice healmet really, one of the few mail pieces without arp) so I bought t10 shoulders, gloves, chest and legs. Many of the 251 pieces are sidegrades or even downgrades from ToC gear, especially the 258 ilevel one, but the set bonuses are totally worth it and you're going to have to buy the low ilevel tier for upgrading anyway. I'd suggest you get any 2 from shoulders, legs or helmet. You'll get screwed with experise when you switch gloves (t10 doesn't have a single point) and the chest is pretty much equal to t10, didn't bother to compare the rest. Just compare them yourself and see which 2 pieces are higher upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account

As far as your glyphs go Feral Spirits and Stormstrike are pretty much slated as GET THEM NOW. Your thrid glyph should be simmed.

Try one of the following three:

Flame Shock
    WF
    Lightning Shield

SIM IT, don't blindly listen to others on the matter. Not even me. Try other glyphs as well. See what works best for you.

As far as getting your helm, you are going to need it eventually. The BiS guide is showing that the gloves are not going to be used out of the teir set pieces. You cannot get the better helms without firs getting the basic helms. At least not at this time. VoA may prove this incorrect.

Forgot about the whole relic thing. I'm going to get both. Reason being is PP is a biatch and doesn't let me sit on him for very long. Also Atk is going to ouot weight haste on a 30 second burn. i.e. slimes - so uhm yeah. I switch them. Phase one and two I use the avalanche totem and phase three I use the elemental haste one. For single target though I'd still just go ahead and sim it. There may be points where the avalanche is better for you.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Deleted

I have t10 gloves and shoulders + trinket, and now debating the belt. Waiting for the helm and legs/chest at 95 badges each seems like eternity right now.

It is a sidegrade the comparison is

36 AP
    3 Haste

to

8 Agi
    15 Int
    19 Crit

The important point is that it allows you to not lose 4 piece T9, if you swap out any other single piece you will lose dps. Your options are buy helm now second piece later, or wait and buy 2 pieces at the same time.

Also get a real meta gem, +3% crit damage. Armory shows a chance to increase ranged/melee attack speed meta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

10+ Year Old Account

I cannot understand why everyone went for gloves first. It baffles me. It's not wrong to do it, just seems so inefficent to me, at least for the moment. The gloves are not listed in the BiS thread. yes they are cheap, but in the long run, say you end up buying the hlm as the last piece and replace the gloves. That helm just cost you 155 badges instead of 95.

But I als went for the trinket first as well. Reason being is I'm testing my luck. voA is coming out. If gloves or legs drop, I can buy helm, yay 4 piece. And if I get the 190 badges needed for legs and helm before the legs or boots drop then oh well, my luck is crap, but I'll still have my 4 piece without having to buy a teir piece that I know I'll replace.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Is this based on the sim or just by looking at the damage that LL does compared to FN? Remember LL can proc both static shock and Maelstrom weapon so you can't just compare its damage to FN to correctly determine the priority.