Poll: Which graphic card would you choose?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

15+ Year Old Account

Which graphic card would you choose?

Hi mates...

My laptop went down, so I sended it for repair, but I got "check" (call it what you want) back instead, since they couldn't fix it. I need to buy a PC now from that store, but I feel very unsure about which one I should choose. I think their main difference is the graphic card, so my pick will be made out of that, but if you want to see the changes, you can watch them here (Danish language). The screen will be 24" and use 1920 x 1080 as resolution.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong section of the forums to post, but it seemed to fit most, since it contains technical information etc., and I'm going to make my UI with this. When I am allowed to get married, I'll ask in General which wife I should choose ^^

Re: Which graphic card would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    Hi mates...

My laptop went down, so I sended it for repair, but I got "check" (call it what you want) back instead, since they couldn't fix it. I need to buy a PC now from that store, but I feel very unsure about which one I should choose. I think their main difference is the graphic card, so my pick will be made out of that, but if you want to see the changes, you can watch them here (Danish language). The screen will be 24" and use 1920 x 1080 as resolution.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong section of the forums to post, but it seemed to fit most, since it contains technical information etc., and I'm going to make my UI with this. When I am allowed to get married, I'll ask in General which wife I should choose ^^
    Do yourself a favor and DON'T buy a Pc from a company like Onoff or Elgiganten, their PC's aren't made for gaming. They have crappy computers and add either a good graphic card, loads of RAM or a huge HDD just so the price will match. They won't care if the powersupply matches the demand for the graphic card either.

Check http://www.komplett.dk/ | http://www.komplett.dk/k/cc.aspx?bn=10306 out, they have great prices and you can customize your order and have them build the PC for you.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker
    Do yourself a favor and DON'T buy a Pc from a company like Onoff or Elgiganten, their PC's aren't made for gaming. They have crappy computers and add either a good graphic card, loads of RAM or a huge HDD just so the price will match. They won't care if the powersupply matches the demand for the graphic card either.

Check http://www.komplett.dk/ | http://www.komplett.dk/k/cc.aspx?bn=10306 out, they have great prices and you can customize your order and have them build the PC for you.
    I don't have any other options. The check (gavekort) only works with Elgiganten

I don't have any other options. The check (gavekort) only works with Elgiganten
    To my advice you should buy something cheap for temporary use, if you really can't afford or have the option to save up money give me some links and I'll check through your options.

15+ Year Old Account

To my advice you should buy something cheap for temporary use, if you really can't afford or have the option to save up money give me some links and I'll check through your options.
    You're very kind Undertaker, but how bad can these computers be? It's not like Elgiganten makes them themselves. Dell, HP and Acer are good enough companies, and if the PC is better than my previous laptop (nVidia GeForce 9400M GT, 2 GB ram etc etc.), I will be satisfied. I don't want to spend money on it, when I have this "check" thing anyway :] Now I just want to know which one I should choose out of the mentioned ones.

I was at the store earlier today, and it seems like there'll be some new models upcoming in 2 weeks, so none of the shown models were there. I'll PM you next time, then I would be really glad :]

Outdated. Doesn't even include the ati 5770 which is probably the best price/performance option atm.

Dell for instance uses a different type of chassi nowadays to 'increase' airflow so many of their models are BTX compared to the regular ATX. This means the chassi opens up on the right side rather than the usual left. The motherboard is mirrored so you won't be able to change the motherboard unless you buy it from Dell. They're expensive as shit.

Anyways, I checked through the site and the HP Pavilion Elite Stationær PC models seems fine, but they never mention the PSU (Powersupply) I'm not danish so I might've missed it though.

15+ Year Old Account

Dell for instance uses a different type of chassi nowadays to 'increase' airflow so many of their models are BTX compared to the regular ATX. This means the chassi opens up on the right side rather than the usual left. The motherboard is mirrored so you won't be able to change the motherboard unless you buy it from Dell. They're expensive as shit.

Anyways, I checked through the site and the HP Pavilion Elite Stationær PC models seems fine, but they never mention the PSU (Powersupply) I'm not danish so I might've missed it though.
    Ohh, thought you were danish actually after seeing your weppages, and for knowing Elgiganten etc. That other model is a bit more expensive though, and it wasn't at the store either. I'll spam you in 2 weeks with the new models (if they are any, or i'll be the linked ones.) Cheer!

Quote Originally Posted by psyched
    Outdated. Doesn't even include the ati 5770 which is probably the best price/performance option atm.
    Most definitely. I own a Sapphire 5770 1 GB DDR5 and its just awesome. Can run pretty much everything on ultra with AA and AF on maximum without going too hot. It's THE bang for the buck.

edit: the GTX 260 is a bit old but still pwns performance wise. It's much more powerful than GTS 250 let alone GTS 240 (220). And these days it ain't that costy as is used to be.

Sarkhoza(Neglected) Thanos(Neglected) Saronus(New (Old) Main. WIP.)
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

Ok, you got a check thing, you have to buy a computer, and if those are your options I would go with the 260gtx, it's the best card out of them all.

Ohh, thought you were danish actually after seeing your weppages, and for knowing Elgiganten etc. That other model is a bit more expensive though, and it wasn't at the store either. I'll spam you in 2 weeks with the new models (if they are any, or i'll be the linked ones.) Cheer!
    Go ahead, spam me, I'll be in Thailand on vacation

Also, I'm Swedish, I can understand some of it. Also, I got a large enough brain to figure out you should be heading to komplett.dk rather than komplett.se ^^

15+ Year Old Account

Go ahead, spam me, I'll be in Thailand on vacation
    FU... Thailand!!!

Also, I'm Swedish, I can understand some of it. Also, I got a large enough brain to figure out you should be heading to komplett.dk rather than komplett.se ^^
    At least some of us do :]

How much better is nVidia GeForce GTX 260 than a nVidia Geforce 9400m GT? I were running very smooth with the 9400m in raids, but it went really bad when I began recording my fights (notice the lag), but other than that, it was actually very good, so how bad can this Dell be compared to it? :]

Anyway, thanks for all the posts and comments mates.

Go get an ATI card IMO

I've had nothing but bad experience with nVidia
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com