Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Arms vs Fury DPS

The difference between the mentioned specs are so small, it's all depending on what you prefer.
    Been thinking of going back to Arms myself, due to the awesome t10 4set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by EnìgmaEU
    The difference between the mentioned specs are so small, it's all depending on what you prefer.
    Been thinking of going back to Arms myself, due to the awesome t10 4set bonus.
    Still isn't working correctly...and while its better than fury in theory, its still rather lackluster overall. You basically are replacing a slam with an execute which in current gear talented and glyphed is maybe 2-3k more per execute.

Take that 3k and multiply it by the 2-3 extra execute procs you'll see per minute...and you've got an extra 6-9k damage per minute. Say you do 9k dps (which shouldn't be hard on a single target when your in T10 like gear all across the board), 9k/sec * 60 sec = 540,000 damage over a minute. 9000/540,000 = 0.016666.. or ~1.7% increase in dps...less than the benchmark 2% for set bonuses we've been used to in the past. And i'm being very generous atm in the difference between slams and executes, slams are getting really close to being as much damage as executes lately for me. What was once highly sought after has turned rather lackuster.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    Still isn't working correctly...and while its better than fury in theory, its still rather lackluster overall. You basically are replacing a slam with an execute which in current gear talented and glyphed is maybe 2-3k more per execute.
    I wish the difference was that much! My average Exec does 4726/11440 (hit/crit) damage, while Slam does 4171/9926 damage. On average, it's less that 1K difference. May be taking the reduced GCD and the fact that we don't pause swing timer in account it will be close to 2-3K.

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    Take that 3k and multiply it by the 2-3 extra execute procs you'll see per minute...and you've got an extra 6-9k damage per minute. Say you do 9k dps (which shouldn't be hard on a single target when your in T10 like gear all across the board), 9k/sec * 60 sec = 540,000 damage over a minute. 9000/540,000 = 0.016666.. or ~1.7% increase in dps...less than the benchmark 2% for set bonuses we've been used to in the past. And i'm being very generous atm in the difference between slams and executes, slams are getting really close to being as much damage as executes lately for me. What was once highly sought after has turned rather lackuster.
    Agreed. That's why I'm not going to get the 4 piece as Arms untill they buff it.