Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Maximising Corruption

I just did some trending.

50%, Keeping NMIC up instead of re-casting > Recasting for Death's Embrace 12% buff by 1.8%
    60%, NMIC > 1%
    70%, NMIC > .3%
    80%, DE > .3%

I think you can see where we're going with this.

Edit: CUZ IM A NUB!

R.I.P. YARG

Maximising Corruption

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin

50% Crit - Keeping NMIC up > Refreshing with Death's Embrace, by 2%
    55% Crit - NMIC > Death's Embrace, by 1%
    60% Crit - NMIC = Death's Embrace
    65% Crit - NMIC < Death's Embrace, by 1%
    70% Crit - NMIC < Death's Embrace, by 2%

So it's fairly safe to assume that keeping your NiC up is generally worth more than manually re-applying your cor (if your NiC is still on CD)

In 264BiS I have ~21% crit rating
    21%+3%+3%+5%+10% = 42% critrating raidbuffed w/o NiC.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Deleted

Maximising Corruption

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin

50% Crit - Keeping NMIC up > Refreshing with Death's Embrace, by 2%
    55% Crit - NMIC > Death's Embrace, by 1%
    60% Crit - NMIC = Death's Embrace
    65% Crit - NMIC < Death's Embrace, by 1%
    70% Crit - NMIC < Death's Embrace, by 2%

Are you sure? I get
    25x1120 +75x2341 = 203 575
    5x1000 + 95x2090 = 203 550

i.e breaking even at just below 75% (did a calculation of the exact figure in the edit of my previous post). The 75% of course includes all crit increases, including debuffs on target and such, but I've been staring at my calculation for 5 minutes straight now and can't spot any error.

Maximising Corruption

NMiC's the easiest part of the equation, I don't see the big worry either way. If NMiC is still off CD, then just don't refresh right at 35%. If it comes back up when the boss is at 27%, refresh then. You'll still be rolling your initial values up to that point, and will then get the 12% bonus when you refresh.

It's 4pc T10 and TotT that make it unreliable. 1 is RNG and 1 is another player you can't always count on. Pot/NMiC/Death's Embrace you know you can control (sub 35%). I can't say it'll ever be NOT worth refreshing, as long as you wait for the T10 proc and NMiC to come off CD sub 35%, you'll be getting 4/5 bonuses. I just wouldn't count on being able to stack NMiC, Wild Magic, TotT, 4pc T10 and Death's Embrace all together reliably close to 35%.

15+ Year Old Account

Maximising Corruption

Quote Originally Posted by ratskinmahoney
    Are you sure? I get
    25x1120 +75x2341 = 203 575
    5x1000 + 95x2090 = 203 550

i.e breaking even at just below 75% (did a calculation of the exact figure in the edit of my previous post). The 75% of course includes all crit increases, including debuffs on target and such, but I've been staring at my calculation for 5 minutes straight now and can't spot any error.
    I just caught that. My bad >< Adjusting numbers to match.

50%, NMIC > 1.8%
    60%, NMIC > 1%
    70%, NMIC > .3%
    80%, DE > .3%

NMIC > Death's Embrace until heroic 25 gear, and even then it's a bit of a stretch.

R.I.P. YARG

Maximising Corruption

Tier 10 4-pieces Bonus
    There is a bug where the pet is not always receiving the damage bonus from the 4PT10 warlock set. We are going to fix it.

The issue of having to recast Corruption in order to benefit from the proc is a much harder problem to solve. We might be able to do something, but we can't promise a good solution there. It is just the nature of the way rolling dots work. You gain the benefit of whatever crit you on when you cast the spell, but aren't going to gain the benefit from procs that occur later on. (Source)
    Any thoughts about that? I think it's really shame if they can't come up with a good solution on Corruption receiving the proper 10% boost. T10 is the last tier in Wotlk and it should be awesome. Now it's just less awesome >_>

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Maximising Corruption

They will fix it. Even after the patch goes live we will still need a bit of a boost, and this would provide another 1-2%.

There is a very simple fix that will confuse ~a lot~ of people - make the T10 proc a debuff. Thaddius' polarity updates the existing dots, therefore they could simply copy that over and make it work.

Then these forums will be filled with "wtf?"

R.I.P. YARG

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-wa...ng-to-corrupt/
    According to shadowpriest testing polarity charges don't refresh, so I wouldn't be too sure of that (I'd really like to see some actual parses on this subject frankly).

As for the issue in general, there's more to it than just losing NMIC at 35%, and there's more to it than TotT, NMIC, Pre-Combat potion.
    If you really want to exploit this for all it's worth, you'll also get Enlightenment from TotGC 10 Anub and gem it with 30x20rit: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47960
    Slap a firestone on it, then after you've used corruption swap to your regular weapon. That's another 231 critical strike rating to roll through the whole fight.

If you get your corruption up properly (1xTotT, 4xT10, Enlightenment, NMIC, Potion of Wild Magic, ISB and ToW), chances are you're not going to do that again below 35%, so I'd suggest taking it on the chin that you're not getting +12% damage at that point, because you'd sacrifice a lot more to get it.

Gherkin posted a bit earlier that he stacked 2x SE before corruption, shadow embrace doesn't roll so it doesn't matter. If you're waiting for 4xT10 anyway than you might aswell get SE up anyway.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Warlocomotif
    As for the issue in general, there's more to it than just losing NMIC at 35%, and there's more to it than TotT, NMIC, Pre-Combat potion.
    If you really want to exploit this for all it's worth, you'll also get Enlightenment from TotGC 10 Anub and gem it with 30x20rit: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47960
    Slap a firestone on it, then after you've used corruption swap to your regular weapon. That's another 231 critical strike rating to roll through the whole fight.
    Quite, and cheers for the guide - really good. I think the point was purely to answer a simple question about letting 20% crit roll vs enjoying death's embrace. The conclusion being that the numbers required to justify it are more or less unfeasable.

With NMIC off cd it's worth thinking about when it is worth re-applying. I assume you'd have macros for weapon swap and NMIC set up.

ToW + Wild Magic add up to <7.5% crit which is going to be overcome by 12% damage no matter what your other crit is (forget that ToW is probably going to be available anyway). The only issue is ToT and 4pc T10.

Assume that T10 procs, but you have no ToT --> -3% damage: don't refresh, clearly
    Assume ToT but no T10 proc --> 2% damage increase which will never outweigh even the ~4.5% crit from wild magic, let alone 7.5%

If T10 isn't an issue however, i.e. you don't have it, the only issue is ToT. All you have to get is ToT and hit your macro and you will get a dps gain by reapplying even if you lose the 10.5% crit from ToW, FM and Wild Magic combined.

So - make nice with a rogue and until you have 4pcT10 reapplication is still a dps gain. Correct me if I'm wrong; it's 5am here and coffee only does so much.

Generally speaking I'm not entirely convinced that the 2 GCD's + risk (missing your TotT window for one) + minor corruption downtime is worth the DPS increase you would see from Deaths embrace on corruption. At the start of the fight everything is worth it because there's not really a risk involved, below 35% I'm not really sure it's actually worth it.

Deleted

You may well be right. At any rate I'm certainly not going to bear the hassle on progression content for what will be at best a minimal gain. Also:

/equip [mod:shift] enlightenment
    /cast [mod:shift] seed of corruption
    /use [nomod] nevermelting ice crystal
    /cast [nomod] corruption
    /equip [mod:ctrl] {weapon}

seems to work ok, but i'm having trouble with:

/convince [@rogue] part with ToT