Enhance AP -- what am I missing?

Ok! So browsing around on wow-heroes, and specifically looking for the reason why I think my DPS is lower than it should be, I noticed that most enh shammies around my GS have 400-600 more AP than I do... They still seem to be capped as I am, so I'm not sure where they are getting their AP from! Anyone have a suggestion?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...mane&cn=Kadori

There is my armory! And please, please, please... don't say Sim it... I'm trying to get EnhSim running on my system (I'm on a mac), but haven't gotten around to it yet, but I'm not sure this is a question Sim can answer. Any thoughts? I think my gems and enchants are spot on. Thanks!

Edit: I realize I still have a caster ring on :P It will be changed shortly! Oh, and it's there because it was a placeholder from my elemental set, and I've yet to find a replacement (been waiting for ICC rep grinds, for the Ashen ring)... and having a spirit ring on ele doesn't even make sense...

Re: Enhance AP -- what am I missing?

Two things jump out at me right away:
    Skinning/Mining - BS, LW, Enchanting will each give you 80 AP, for 160 more.
    Caster ring - Get a new ring! Upgrading to a ToC ring would increase your AP by 100+ (Just wondering, but why do you have a spirit ring anyways o.O)

Other than that, your war token gives a very high uptime on 340 AP, which doesn't count towards your static. I realize that everyone has trinkets and procs, but so far there don't seem to be that many who have gone for it (of the somewhat limited number of people I've seen). Just an observation, but something to keep in mind.

yes the ring is killing you. 0 raid prof offering crit and stam dont help either. Alot of your gear is still 232 and will have less ap as some one in 264, 258 and 245. You also have a lack of socketed items which can add alot of ap if you so chose to gem for it. As far as your gemming goes everything looks good (in my opinion) though i do prefer the relentless earthsige meta over the chaotic due to the fact that once you have a nightmare tear you dont have to worry about anything else. also if you were really ambitious you could faction change to an orc and get the 5 exp bonus from axes and fists and drop some of those exp gems. i know for most its not realistic to make such a drastic change, but ill never faction change or race change because the racial is so OP.

Thanks for the replies! I think I'm going to level Jewelcrafting, as I have the racial bonus... I might keep mining just because it'll help farm the mats, and I need to make money somehow!

Quote Originally Posted by mateo
    Thanks for the replies! I think I'm going to level Jewelcrafting, as I have the racial bonus... I might keep mining just because it'll help farm the mats, and I need to make money somehow!
    for sure keep mining until you get JC up, i don't know about your server but Thorium is not cheap like 60-80g a stack, and it sells O_o makes me kinda sad but it's good money when i need some from my alt miner =P

also worry more about haste i'd say, unless you wanna make a socket bonus but i only ever go for an AP or haste socket bonus if it's a good amount, blue gems suck unless you need ONE and ONLY ONE (unless your meta requires more) for your meta, aside from that one blue gem it's expertise / haste / AP gems i've been lucky enough to get good hit gear