Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Restoration shaman clean up

ATM I have the t8.5 helm and chest, with T9 shoulders and hands, I recently got my hands on a trophy (woot woot ;D) and was wondering which pieces i should get next? Getting the legs would keep my 2p t8 bonus until i get the 4 piece t9, but is this the best way to go?

Deleted

Depends what your current legs are.
    If this is a large upgrade and you get to keep 2set bonus I would say this was the best. But if your legs were on the 245ilvl+ Then instead consider losing one of the t8.5 bits.

Quote Originally Posted by pearroc
    Depends what your current legs are.
    If this is a large upgrade and you get to keep 2set bonus I would say this was the best. But if your legs were on the 245ilvl+ Then instead consider losing one of the t8.5 bits.
    Atm I am using the ilvl 226 conq badges legs, so the t9.25 legs would be a good upgrade but I was unimpressed with their lack haste, wondering if this is enough to not take them (yet)?

Deleted

Yeh the legs are the last thing im going to replace as well.
    I would surgest going for http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47083
    Drops from faction champs 25.

i say remove reptide glyph and go for glyph healing stream totem

15+ Year Old Account

Chainheal, Earthshield and Lesser Healing wave for Glyphs all the way.

And for the love of green grass stop saying Reptide ..

Deleted

I personally think healing stream totem glyph is just a cheap way to boost your hps also its very situational.
    If there was no raid damage and you was not in the tanks group, it will be useless. While riptide glyph will still remain functional.

Still as said you should really be using chainheal, earthshield and lesser healing wave.

Quote Originally Posted by pearroc
    I personally think healing stream totem glyph is just a cheap way to boost your hps also its very situational.
    If there was no raid damage and you was not in the tanks group, it will be useless. While riptide glyph will still remain functional.

Still as said you should really be using chainheal, earthshield and lesser healing wave.
    You should never use 3 glyphs for everyfight as a shaman. It all depends on the fight so you can maximize your healing to the tanks/raids. Glyph of Chain Heal, Glyph of Earthshield and Glyph of LHW are fairly basic but shouldn't be the only glyphs. Here are some H ToC situations, Northrendbeasts if you are healing tanks I would say Glyph of ES, Glyph of LHW and Glyph of Riptide so you can rotate riptides on tanks taking impale and still maximizing healing on tanks. If you are raid healing I would go with Glyph of ES, Glyph of Chain Heal and Glyph of Riptide so you can do the same thing as tank healing (rotating riptides on tanks) but healing raid.

Another Example would be H Twins, most likely you will be healing raid so best setup is Glyph of ES, Glyph of CH and Glyph of Healing Stream Totem to heal raid.

All Shamans should be keeping stacks of Glyphs of ES, CH, Riptide, LHW and Healing Stream Totem so they can change and do the best healing they can.

Deleted

I would disagree on beasts. Tanks do take a beating but chain heal in that fight can be brillaint to (healing melee after aoe slam, healing multiple tanks with the dot at once).

Feel free to chance glyphs at every fight, I personally wouldn't surgest this as its not needed, but it can boost hps.

The example of chain heal, lhw and earth shield is you can be viable in every situation. If you need to switch to raid healing you can, and same with tank healing.

It all depends on who you are healing. The beauty of Resto shamans is we are not strictly raid healing now, we are very good tank healers. So if you are assigned to tank healing (most of the time that is my job) you DO NOT want to neglect healing the tanks to heal melee or raid. Expecially if you are doing hardmodes that 1.7-2.0 second Chain Heal cast on the raid may have killed your tank. Being a healer isn't to top the healing meters but to heal who you are assigned to and the most efficent way to do so.

To say only use Glyph of ES, LHW, CH for every fight is stupid in many ways because you are neglecting to maximize your output of healing.

Kinda non-related to the glyph post although in some cases changing glyphs is a good idea and I personally keep different glyphs in my bags just in case.
    -How much haste is too much? I'm currently sitting at 801 base haste (without wrath of air totem) gemming every slot with straight haste. I'm not going OOM at any point but I wonder is it's the highest HPS.
    My Armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ar&n=Vastalant

Also, I've currently been suing Flask of Frost Wyrm instead of Flask of Pure Mojo since I'm not having mana problems.
    Not sure if that's my best option.

thanks

Deleted

@Vastalant
    There is no too much haste, as long as your other stats are still good you can keep going for haste.
    Im currently at 910 in my normal gear, 990 in haste set, but I still feel like more would be better.

I run, CH, WS and LHW glyphs. and can handle any aspect of healing without having to change out glyphs.

You shouldn't be stacking MP5 anymore.

spellpower (until you hit about 2800-3k raid buffed)> haste > crit > mp5

with imp water shield proccing off of every healing spell we have except ES and HS totem mana shouldnt be an issue, if it is stack less haste.

Once you're past t8 content and gettign t9 gear you really want to be pushing at least 1k haste to maintain a 1.8 CH cast time fully raid buffed.

Thanks a bunch for the tips! I'm fairly new at shaman healing so this helps out a lot.

vote to sticky

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by scandalis
    I run, CH, WS and LHW glyphs. and can handle any aspect of healing without having to change out glyphs.

You shouldn't be stacking MP5 anymore.

spellpower (until you hit about 2800-3k raid buffed)> haste > crit > mp5

with imp water shield proccing off of every healing spell we have except ES and HS totem mana shouldnt be an issue, if it is stack less haste.

Once you're past t8 content and gettign t9 gear you really want to be pushing at least 1k haste to maintain a 1.8 CH cast time fully raid buffed.
    WS glyph is minor? Unless you mean water mastery or earth sheild.

I would quote the response I read that made me wonder this, but Healing Stream totem is only party wide?
    I was under the impression that healing stream/mana stream were both raid wide now, and mana tide was only party wide?

My question becomes, what totems are only party wide?
    tremor is I know and the resist totems afaik... someone enlighten me please...
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown, BUT it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother upside the head.

Deleted

Party: Tremor, Cleansing, Healing stream, mana tide.
    Raid wide, all the other buffing totems.

I think your section in INT needs a little revisiting. Replenishment was nerfed a bit therefore INT isn't weighed as heavily as it was back in the naxx 25 days. I would also like to point out that as far as end-game goes, you shouldn't have any int gems in your gear either. As much as I despise people thinking that all we can do is "brain heal", it has become more viable. Haste is important yes. However, it is all about stat balancing.

Your mana pool will tell you what you need more of. If you find yourself holding back and not cross healing because of lack of mana, you should probably drop haste and pickup crit or mp5. In tier 9 content the itemization of restoration shaman is very crit heavy. To compensate a lot of shaman have been gemming pure haste and losing socket bonuses. I feel this is a good way to balance your stats, HOWEVER, It is by no means the right way. In a perfect condition when you have the perfect gear from ToGC(25) ~ ToGC(10), then maybe you can get away with gemming all +20 haste gems.

If you do decide to stack haste with not-so-perfect ilevel you will suffer.

Your spellpower will be too low, your mp5 will be too low, and your crit will be too low. Important thing to remember, the more haste you have, the quicker you will go out of mana. Therefore you need to stat balance for more regen attributes.

P.S. Don't rant and rave about me dissing haste, healing is an art, there is no one righteous way to do anything in the realm of healing. Be creative!

P.S.S. Things that compensate for lack of haste include:
    1. Good in-game ms. Servers with better hardware will make it easier to heal.
    2. Quick reflexes will always be better than haste (to a degree).
    3. Knowing where you fit in your healing roster within your own guild will aid you in EHPS.
    EX. *If your guild has 1 Holy pally, but 3 Restoration Druids, you will probably be better off, off-healing the tanks.*
    4. Glyph and spec according to your other healers.
    5. Don't be afraid to blow cooldowns and pop potions EVERY attempt. Go bat-shit crazy the first attempt on a new-fight to keep everyone alive, when you realize that the fight will be long and vigorous, cut back on your mana usage next go.
    Healing isn't something you can calculate. It's an art.

15+ Year Old Account

Ill have to point out aswell though that stat balancing comes with gear.
    I have around 23k mana if not not mistaken in ilvl 245/258 gear, there are absolutely no need for more mana for me, i use absolutely no int gems or trinkets and get around very well, even better now as i got 2x Solace of the Fallen.
    Generally gemming for intellect is stupid now as you get what you need from gear.