Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

kitty 3rd best in slot trinket

i got DMC:G (agi) and the needle ArP trinket

now i am after deathbringer will and death verdict (who isnt)

however my guild doesnt so To(G)C25 anymore we focus on IC ofc. and whne i pug ToC25 there ofc > 10 other ppl in the raid who are after it. so i was wondering apart from those 2 trinkes what would be the 3rd option ? :
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Re: kitty 3rd best in slot trinket

I'm using DBW & the war token from frost badges.

Technically the 2 BIS trinkets are DBW 277, and DBW 264.

3rd BiS is the one from frost badges, 4th and 5th are DV 258 and 245.

Quote Originally Posted by Biznick
    Technically the 2 BIS trinkets are DBW 277, and DBW 264.
    DBW and DBW hc don't stack.
    [EU] Blackmoore - Cola (RestoDruid) & Shiq (Hunter)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolg
    source?
    cause the ToC normal + HC's one stacked without any problem.

All depends on your current stats, i suggest getting rawr, and simming it out for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolg
    Why wouldn't they? DV 258/245 got along with eachother. :P

prolly for the same reason no used GT and MR together after the fix to ArPen...if they proc on top of each other it'll be kind've a waste

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Quazier
    source?
    cause the ToC normal + HC's one stacked without any problem.
    it was in patch 3.3 notes

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/

Icecrown Citadel Items: Normal and Heroic versions of Icecrown Citadel rings and trinkets are considered Unique-Equipped and cannot be used at the same time.

it is under items in patch notes so yes it is confirmed that you cannot equip normal and heroic version of icc trinkets and has been confirmed for awhile now.

my best guess is due to not being able to kill normal and heroic version of boss in same week.

Obviously your first choice trinket will be DBW, it's awesome and every feral plus most other physical dps will be aiming for it.

As your second trinket you have a few options. Your lower level options are Whispering Fanged Skull and Deaths Verdict, they're pretty similar although you'll probably find the skull easier to get, both decent until you can get something better. For BiS setups it's hard to say, you'll probably want Herkuml War Token for static fights but on fights where you risk losing your stack Whispering Fanged Skull heroic will also be a very good trinket.. Best way to find out would be to try sims/rawr/toskks etc but remember that they don't consider you could lose your stack on the war token due to things like mind control, being spiked, having to move out of melee with a spore etc etc.

Good catch, I never read that far down the patch notes, I was curious myself.

Deathbringer's Will
    Deathbringer's Will Heroic

Neither are Unique-Equipped, and it wouldn't matter anyways because they both have different item IDs, 50362 for normal, 50363 for heroic.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Exigaet
    Deathbringer's Will
    Deathbringer's Will Heroic

Neither are Unique-Equipped, and it wouldn't matter anyways because they both have different item IDs, 50362 for normal, 50363 for heroic.
    why dont you read my post above and look at the OFFICAL PATCH NOTES that have been out for awhile now. there is no point of arguing if you can or can not the answer is you can not use normal and heroic version of icc trinkets.

it does not have to state that its unique equip.

15+ Year Old Account

Originally on the various PTR databases, they specifically said "Unique (Deathbringer's Will)" or something of the sort, indicating that they are unique by name, not by item ID. The live versions don't have this specification, but I'd bet they kept the idea.

I bet they will too, since they put it in the patch notes. They dont really have to make any changes to the 264 yet, well because the 277 one isn't out yet. And then again its Blizzard, they may even forget and have to change it after people are using two of them.

Or they let you equip both of them and the 264 version just does nothing at all. No proc and no passive ArP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee
    Or they let you equip both of them and the 264 version just does nothing at all. No proc and no passive ArP.
    That would be great, especially if some people didn't figure it out. Would be running around with one trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by odithius
    That would be great, especially if some people didn't figure it out. Would be running around with one trinket.
    Not really. Then they would be posting here asking why they're missing 11% arp and only getting half the procs they "should" be getting.

True but I find people that do not atleast research something to be kind of funny. They would never notice I mean and that to me is funny.

15+ Year Old Account

Best in Slot are DBW - you can equip only one, read the patch notes and stfu - and the War Token from Emblems.

Period.

WFS, DV and the rest are weaker, and for a simple reason. At that level of gear, Haste is king.
    Live with it, and thank God that you don't have to wait for lucky drops / DKP to get your second trinket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.