Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Stop asking to do Achievements in Random Heroics

No, really, I don't want to do Lodi Dodi We Love the Skadi. Definitely not interested in Zombiefest, Better Off Dred, Respect Your Elders, or Chaos Theory. I don't care how close you are to your red proto. I signed up for a random heroic to get my daily frost badges, not waste time doing something the obnoxious way so that someone can someday ride a vanity mount on some other server I care nothing about.

Don't like it? Too bad. I have several alts to run through for frost badges, and they are all healers or tanks and enjoy instant queues. I have no incentive to waste time on someone I don't even know. If you want to get an achievement, make a group that wants the achievement, and count me out because I'm not interested.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown 14/14H - 3 days per week - Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor
    http://vindicatum.com/

Deleted

Re: Stop asking to do Achievements in Random Heroics

That sounded a little too forced to be really "tough", but in a way I do agree with you.
    Get your achievements done in a premade run, not with random people.

Then again, nothing wrong with a litlle kindness, is there?
    Not that it matters what you OR me write here; nothing will change. Anywhere. Ever.

wiped twice because some pally wanted to fart about this morning. first time in ages i had res sickness thanks to his shenanigans. always the dps who asks too
    somebody call for d doctor?

If people want to do achievements that require more coordination than just DPS FAST! They should go with their guildies and do em, in randoms there isn't even a guarantee that the other dps or healer or tank can even do the required task.

Yep.

I am not interested in someone's chievo list. I want fast and reliable badges.

I have successfully pugged all of the Oculus achievements in a random, as well as Less-Rabi and Abuse the Ooze. Just ask the tank politely beforehand if he'd like to do an achievement; after all, if it's something the majority of the group may want, then hey, good work. If not, just continue through the random like normal. Not really anything to get butthurt over.

I agree with you OP. I make it very clear that I won't assist them in getting their achievement. Yes, I have the mount. No, that doesn't mean I should be willing to help a random pugger get it. I got it with four of my guildies who also wanted it. We didn't drag anyone else in to help us.

I had a pug two days ago where a mage wanted us to wipe if Rabi turned into a mammoth... Thankfully the tank, myself, and the other two dps would have none of that.

To an extent I agree but.... umadbro? Why so serious?

Elitist Group addon. Tells you what GS won't!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181
    I agree with you OP. I make it very clear that I won't assist them in getting their achievement. Yes, I have the mount. No, that doesn't mean I should be willing to help a random pugger get it. I got it with four of my guildies who also wanted it. We didn't drag anyone else in to help us.

I had a pug two days ago where a mage wanted us to wipe if Rabi turned into a mammoth... Thankfully the tank, myself, and the other two dps would have none of that.
    Your language construction and word usage... Looks a lot like the OP.
    You did not logged on a second account, just to compliment yourself, did you? I sure hope not.

You are all my achievement monkeys!

But, seriously, most of the time I'm game for helping people with achievements as long as it's quick and dirty. Otherwise, find someone in your guild that's willing to drag ya' along!

Please ask to do Achievements in Random Heroics.
    and as well:
    Accept your groups decision if they dont want to do Achievements in Random Heroics.

There is nothing wrong with asking. Ask, get your answer, ask if anyone know how to do it and maybe your group decides in doing that.
    If i am the tank and someone asks, i ask if someone knows a good way and afterwards we make a vote.

I could live with it, i would like it = (+)
    I definitly dont want it = (-)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Jurik
    No, really, I don't want to do Lodi Dodi We Love the Skadi. Definitely not interested in Zombiefest, Better Off Dred, Respect Your Elders, or Chaos Theory. I don't care how close you are to your red proto. I signed up for a random heroic to get my daily frost badges, not waste time doing something the obnoxious way so that someone can someday ride a vanity mount on some other server I care nothing about.

Don't like it? Too bad.
    First. As long as I'm tank and came with my healer, you will do as much achievements as I wish.
    Don't like it? Too bad.

Second. If you are DPS and will ask nicely, I will help you with achievement. Not boost you through, not carry you through, but help you with.

Third. We really don't care about your frost badges, you know, same as you don't care about people's achievements. This works both ways, see?

And before you will say something stupid (if you are any more then just a failtroll who started thread and never comes back), I do have my red proto drake for some time already. And I did quite a few of last achievements in x-realm PUGs. And after this I helped people with Oculus drakes and Less-rabi. And I don't come to forum to shout about it and spit poison everywhere just because someone asks for my help.

Know why? Because I'm not a jerk who's only reason to play is 5-min heroic run for welfare frost badges.

While you are.
    It's a shame that you can't be banned from WOW for being bad player.
    It's a shame that you can be banned for being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungen
    Banned for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurik

Don't like it? Too bad. I have several alts to run through for frost badges, and they are all healers or tanks and enjoy instant queues. I have no incentive to waste time on someone I don't even know. If you want to get an achievement, make a group that wants the achievement, and count me out because I'm not interested.
    You're very self-orientated. You have to remember that heroics aren't only there for frost emblems.
    What if 4 others want to do an achievement and it's only you that doesn't? Sure you might not want to but in that case it's a majority vote, insisting that the group just runs through it quickly to get your frost emblems quicker would be quite selfish.

I like this Jurik guy. What I hate most about achievements in random heroics is when the other 4 guys are in the same guild. Bc if you say no, you know you'll get vote kicked heh. I usually dont care though as long as it's quick.

some (like zombiefest) are a mega pain in the ass.
    Some. Like the jedoga shadowseeker one. i forget what its called where you let her enrage. Takes like an additional 10 seconds.

Especially now that they are changing all the heroic bosses to be cake , expect to have a lot more people wanting to do them. And expect to have even less reason not to (other than im heartless and in too big of a hurry to waste 30 seconds of my life). I personally would never ask to do a hard one with a random. But I'd ask to do an easy one. And if people said no, I wouldnt press the issue. (cept the 1 time where I was the only dps'er doing over 1K, so i solo'ed the 6 raptors on king dred in the time it took the other dps'ers to get king dred to 50%). And if you are really OP you be able to just completely facestomp some of the things. now its easy achievements that you rock hard enough to just obliterate. Especially if 2-3 people in the group want it and its a feasible group comp. if theres 4 people in a group at 3500 gs wanting to do an achievement, thats one thing. (especially if its a harder achievement). Dont carry people to achievements. but dont prevent them from getting them either.

I gimp my dps just so http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=1866 is impossible
    Mannoroth-US
    Deedalee - 85 Fire Mage
    All of my alts are dead.

Man, just tell them no, you don't want to do the achieve and if they insist, /leave group. Problem solved.

Ugh. People like the OP are so tiresome. "OMG skip everything, 5k gearscore or kick!" Just because they want to get their two Emblems of Frost and go back to afk'ing on your Bronze Drake atop the well in Dalaran.

Okay, I agree that Chaos Theory might be something you go and do with a pre-made, since it adds so much longer time to the actual fight. Respect Your Elders is also impossible for some group-setups, as it requires an off-tank('least it did back in my days).

However, if someone wants to try Volunteer Work, Oh Novos! or Consumption Junction, why not throw them a bone? The fight doesn't even last another minute longer, and surely that's not going to kill you?

If you're ONLY there for your 2 Frost Emblems, don't care for optional bosses or achievements, get your guild to run you through it. The reward is to make more people use the LookingForGroup tool, and help gear up newly dinged 80's, not to have them skip right to the last boss after one minute.

If the group is capable of doing said achievement, and it's been brought up before the fight, why be so selfish to turn it down? "Oh but it's someone who isn't on my server!!111!! I won't be able to take advantage of helping him, qq" Helping others should be reward enough in itself. Gotta love how our world has turned out these days. I blame Pia Kjærsgaard.

Note: If your grandmother is dying, or you're getting late to the train because you're putting WoW above anything else and thus don't have time to do any achievements or every boss, you should inform the group about this and don't be like the OP.

Random heroics are not the place for people to farm achievements, especially the ones that actually require coordination.

I have no problem doing Volzaj's Quick Demise, or Hadronox Denied, or letting someone ride a certain drake for Experienced Drake Rider.
    You can ask to do something like Zombiefest or Chaos Thoery, I will say no thanks.

On a related issue, tanks feel way to obligated in heroics. You don't speak for the entire group, and just because you get an instant queue doesn't make you any more special then the rest of us.

If you brought your healer with you as a tank, no, I won't do anything you want. You're not special and you shouldn't expect the rest of the group to follow you. It's rude.

I agree with some of the OPs have said, If its an easy/quick achieve then sure lets do it, if it involves doing additional things then not so much.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara