Set Bonuses. (or is it Boni?)

Okay so here it is.. I'm pottering around with my hunter: please note

He's not my main. I'm using him to DPS for Weekly raid quests and Heroics to help gear people.

I'm slowly looking at gearing myself and bear in mind I never really raided ulduar so I'm going off badge gear, heroics and crafting.

SO what I am asking about set bonuses is this..

Am I imagining things when I look at the T8.5 bonus and thinkit is better to run 2pc T8.5 and 2pc T9 before 4pc T9?

I know the 2 piece set nine is kinda moot with chimera shot, but I think those would also be the fist T10 upgrades I get.

so I'm looking at

T.8.5 chest and helm
    t9 gloves and legs
    Epaulets of the devourer

or am I better getting the t9 helm and The crafted chest from ToC? or is the 8.5 boost significant?

so..opinions?

"Pain heal, Chicks Dig scars and Glory lasts for ever."

Re: Set Bonuses. (or is it Boni?)

keep both 2 set bonuses
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerlu
    www.femaledwarf.com

Learn it, love it.

To answer the Question in the thread title:
    Depends on the language if it's bonuses or boni.
    If you use the original, latin , plural it is boni. (as it is in some european languages)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen
    To answer the Question in the thread title:
    Depends on the language if it's bonuses or boni.
    If you use the original, latin , plural it is boni. (as it is in some european languages)
    Confirmed.

If you can get 245 ilvl tier 9, it will be better to have a 4 piece of that. If you can only get ilvl 232 tier 9, stick with a combination of tier 8.5/9 two set pieces.

Misread the thread, i thought you were asking for t9/t10, not t8/t9.

The t9 4pc isn't anything special, i'd get t9 head + legs at the highest iLevel possible, and fill the rest with offset (or preferably t10)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerlu
    www.femaledwarf.com

Learn it, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos
    Misread the thread, i thought you were asking for t9/t10, not t8/t9.

The t9 4pc isn't anything special, i'd get t9 head + legs at the highest iLevel possible, and fill the rest with offset (or preferably t10)
    While this is true, if he's got 226 tier 8 the set bonus will outweigh upgrading those two items to 232 dungeon pieces. If he can get 2 piece tier 10, it's obviously way better, but if he's just now gearing up, 2x8/9 is a good bet.