Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik
]
Bad analogy. You go to the park and get picked up into a game with random people, varying from local people having fun to professional players. You know the other team's <whatever position> and know that they have a tendency to favor <direction/play/whatever>. You also see that the other people on your team don't realize that your shared opponent has this tendency.
No, the argument does not include me prematurely knowing if my members know the fight or not. Never once have I stated that AFTER someone tells me they don't know the fight, I make fun of them and don't bother explaining. The TOPIC is people that DON'T say anything and cause wipes or delays. THOSE people I say shit to because THOSE people are hindering ME directly.

Quote Originally Posted by xnickybx
@dyce

Why would a pro football player chose to be put in a random team that may or may not include people who have never played? If he did then he shouldn't be upset he is with a shitty team. Your analogy failed.
Because it's a metaphor, not another exact example. In wow, I don't HAVE to use the LFG tool alone but if you are someone like me and don't have time to play wow for 2h+ a day then you don't have time to form groups and wait for friends to log on or get out of their dungeons. I get home from work and do 4 Randoms (for my 4 main lvl 80's). When I log on, my guild mates might not be on yet, the majority that are on are usually already doing something (my mates don't just sit in town waiting for me) and my friends may or maynot be online AND free. So yes, queing for randoms solo is MUCH faster than forming a group of 'my standards'. Most randoms I get to (and I would estimate around 80%) are good enough groups that we don't wipe or slow down at all. I dictate the speed of the runs with my tanks and when I heal I encourge the tank to pull fast because I can handle it. My analogy is to RELATE to WoW, not to relate to real Pro Football team. It's using something that you can relate you (ie, Football) and putting it in the situation I am in when playing WoW (ie, Using the LFG tool). So IF a Footballer was FORCE to team up with random people that didn't know how to play... HOW DOES HE KNOW THIS?? They either TELL him or they SHOW him. From this topic, it's about people NOT telling but SHOWING.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTS
Been playing WotLK for a year and you need to group up with randoms? Fine, it takes a few seconds to see IF you're guild mates or in game friends are free, but you'll be playing with people who's ability level you're familiar with and who know your playstyle? What's more you can probably run several instances with the same group if you're playing with people you get on well with. Why use the LFG at all if you resent playing with 'nubs'?
Key word there, IF. Sometimes they are, sometimes they're not. When they are not. I que up solo, it's faster and allows me to do other things (either in game or outside of the game). I'm sorry that the only reason I do Random's is for the Frost Emblems not to stay in the group for more runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
You're a retard and your example shows it. A professional sports figure would teach inexperienced players on his team the ropes. If you don't believe me, go actually TALK to a professional sports figure. For every one Brett Favre there are a hundred Peyton Mannings out there. The object is to win with what you have. The best way to win with what you have is to teach. If you refuse to teach, don't expect to win.
You get three quotes because you're so cute!!

Understand the facts of what I say. Never said I will never teach anyone the fights. Never said I ONLY want to play with the "Brett Favre"'s of the WoW world. It's about those people who DON'T SAY ANYTHING and cause problems because of it. There are times when people fuck up and don't know the fights but nothing changes from if they did know the fight. Either everyone else picks up the slack or their fuck up only kills them. So what, I say nothing and we keep moving. It's when they cause the group to either wipe or take substantial time out of the run.

Oh, and just because you played the game five years ago is no excuse to act like it's your own personal sandbox and other kids can't play in it. If you want your own damn sandbox, go make your own fucking game and get out of ours. The object of a multi-player game is to play with multiple people. If you can't, then don't.
I agree and I do want to play with other players. I love it, I really only play online games because of this fact. Heroics are easy as cake and I never vote kick someone for gearscore or dps performance alone. It's their actually effect they have on the GROUP and the RUN of that group. That is when there are problems.

I seriously wish Blizzard would come up with that voting system for LFG. That way every person you ever come in contact with will give you garbage reviews and you might one day realize that having a personality and being friendly means a whole hell of alot more than how well you can spam your freaking 3-6 keys.
You take it as if I every single random I join I bitch out all 4 members and what not. Read my responses first because you waste time coming back at me with this garbage. I KNOW I would get more 'good' reviews than negative ones because people appreciate fast runs. Don't tell me you've never done this (or seen someone else do it in your groups) tell the group "Thanks for the quick run" or something along those lines. How excited do you get when you join a group that is basically at the last boss. It takes you less than 5mins to get your Frost Emblem. That's the best case scenario for me. It's the same effect, I do my best to not only get my Frost Emblems as fast as possible, 4 other get it too. And it shows by the speed of my pulls, chain pulling all the time. That is what is appreciated. The few times I've had to bitch out someone for causing major delays is not going to 'hurt' my record and maybe next time they will tell someone they don't know fights before the encounter so they don't get bitched at again. So I am helping someone learn.

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. By YOU constantly explaining fights to people who don't ASK for it first, you are just handing over the fish. BY SHOWING them they can't just expect to roll through a random without knowing anything, you are teaching them to fish. So the next heroic they go to and don't know what to do. They will ask.