Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: "What should my Holy Pally spend his Frost Badges on?"

Quote Originally Posted by levitate
    What I recommend you to do is get rid of that libram and replace it with iLevel200 one. Another thing is to enchant your helm with mp5. Two small changes that are quite important.

Go for the tailored legs, that's what I'm going to do once I have enough saronites.

Last, but not least, go for the 2p T10 - shoulders and helmet.

Oh, and change that shirt for Christ's sake!
    You can also do mp5 to shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    If not, the badge cape is the best you can get.(the haste on the ony one is too obscenely low, and you lose ilvl pts to RP resistances)
    You're quoting the wrong person, but thanks anyway mate. :-*

Quote Originally Posted by levitate
    You're quoting the wrong person, but thanks anyway mate. :-*
    Actually I meant to quote you to comment on your comment, then I just warped into advice for him and CBF quoting him too.

P.S. Mods got to that thread in the PVP section real fast
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Why would you EVER want t10 gloves at any point in time (regardless if its less badges or not, one more week for the 30 or so badges isn't going to kill you).
    Crit/mp5 vs the Haste/Crit off Dwer are vastly superior and are just as easy to get.

Helm/Shoulder should have prio > Belt (if your too cheap to buy the BOE one for 1k or w/e it is on your sever)> Chest> Cloak

Trinket is terrible, pretty sure the TOC 5 norm can beat it out on regen if I remember correctly as spell power is a rather null thing to stack.
    Naxx lib > all

and that my two sence :/
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Edeila
    Why would you EVER want t10 gloves at any point in time
    Because you have
    1) The 264 shoulders
    and
    2) The 264 chest
    which both are have more sockets than the tier counterparts

Not gonna swap that until I have something much better to spend it on.

But to conclude, my choices for spending emblems is either getting the crafted legs for 184 emblems + some k gold in mats, or replacing some stuff with their worse counterparts with less sockets on?

I think I'll get 2 parts T10 for an offspec then...

10+ Year Old Account

I just bought the cloth chest, upgrade in every slot from my 258 heroic chest piece from ToGC ^_^

Now though I get made fun of for wearing a dress.

The price we pay to get the best loots ruins my vanity.

Lightning-Infused Leggings had it's graphic changed, I look like a shammy who stole some paladin shoulders now xD

Great guide on what to buy and what not to buy. This will be my reference point for a while. Thanks.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by Edeila
    Why would you EVER want t10 gloves at any point in time (regardless if its less badges or not, one more week for the 30 or so badges isn't going to kill you).
    Crit/mp5 vs the Haste/Crit off Dwer are vastly superior and are just as easy to get.

Helm/Shoulder should have prio > Belt (if your too cheap to buy the BOE one for 1k or w/e it is on your sever)> Chest> Cloak

Trinket is terrible, pretty sure the TOC 5 norm can beat it out on regen if I remember correctly as spell power is a rather null thing to stack.
    Naxx lib > all

and that my two sence :/
    I use t10 (264) gloves because I got them in a VoA and I haven't seen anything better, thus allowing me to spend my frost badges elsewhere.

Would you suggest I bag the 264 gloves and use T9 232 ilvl ones?

http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=48574;51169

Quote Originally Posted by Caean
    Would you suggest I bag the 264 gloves and use T9 232 ilvl ones?
    I wouldn't. But I also wouldn't write your glove slot off as taken care of. I don't know what your progression looks like, but there are some good glove drops in ICC that should be accessable to most people by now.

Also, at this point, it shouldn't be too hard to get yourself a token to upgrade those T9 gloves to 245 which would probably make them better than the T10 that you have.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Also, Firecrest, I'm curious as to why you didn't mention the Heroic Corrupted Silverplate Leggings off Marrowgar 10? Much easier to get, much cheaper, with only a few points difference from the cloth legs you listed.

Just got enough frosts to get something for my holy spec...and honestly this confuses me. Is it really worth it that much to get the 251 shoulders/head when I already have 245? Other items that have struck me as replaceable could be my 232 gloves with 251 or 264, Purified Lunar Dust (to replace Tears of the Vanquished), the 264 libram to replace my 200 one (mana cost reduction on holy light)....the gs boost would be significant and my realm runs off gs.

If youre so obssesed about Gearscore, please uninstall WoW. Or transfer and find a proper guild. 264 libram is HORRIBLE.

15+ Year Old Account

Since Holy is my offspec and we recently had people Xfer to our guild from another server, I've been trying to update my Holy set.

Now, keeping in mind that it is offset and that I won't be getting Tier tokens for it, is the drop from Rusted Bonespike Pauldrons to the T10 251 worth it for the two piece? I only need another piece (outside the helm), and Im not sure if I should stick with this 264 piece and grab the T10 hands instead (Since its a no-brainer comparing 251 T10 to the craftable cloth gear for the chest/pants).

2-piece IS worth the drop, especially as Ruster Bonespike has such horrible itemization. As for gloves, if you have spare badges(I only started clearing ICC 25 decently this week, and Im already halfway through my prot set), buy the badge gloves, or get the ones in the list off bosses Unclean surgical...yum. THe 2 resto shammies are gonna be mad if it drops and I get it lol ;D

Indeed. If there's any tennant to follow when gearing up a Holy Pally it's just to keep in mind the prio of the three available gear combinations. Haste/MP5 > Haste/Crit >>>> Crit/MP5.

This is especially important when gearing up an alt since your options tend to be diminished somewhat and struggling with low Haste is not uncommon. Crit/MP5 should really only be worn if no other option is available to you within (rough estimate) 20-30 ilevels. And even then, there are some cases where the gap can be even wider. The other Holy Pally in my guild still wears the Haste cloak off of Sarth instead of getting the Crit/MP5 Badge one - and it's the right choice.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah my haste is a bit low, its only at the 500 or so mark- but then again, I still have i200s in my Holy set.

In any case, the shoulders I have now will last me at least until I can get the remaining 130 badges to get the Hlem and then the T10 shoulders.

Hm i got 60 emblems now for the shoulders , But i got http://www.wowhead.com/item=50059 should i drop that and get the 251 item lvl Tier10 shoulders ? to get the set bonus .. or wait and get the cloth chest ?
    Gear will always help your DPS, but the amount that it helps is directly proportional to your skill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by natogandalf View Post
    Because you have
    1) The 264 shoulders
    and
    2) The 264 chest
    which both are have more sockets than the tier counterparts

Not gonna swap that until I have something much better to spend it on.

But to conclude, my choices for spending emblems is either getting the crafted legs for 184 emblems + some k gold in mats, or replacing some stuff with their worse counterparts with less sockets on?

I think I'll get 2 parts T10 for an offspec then...
    Bull shit, T10 Shoulders/chest + head is the way to go. and news flash: EVERY 251/264 non-set counterpart of the Tier gear has one more socket, so your argument is invaluable.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2010-07-11 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    ...so your argument is invaluable.
    Pretty sure that word does not mean what you think it means.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>