Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Racial Flying Mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Phation

Tauren - So I really want to say Rocket Cow anyone? The thing that really seems to fit Tauren though would be an Owl mount.
    In the warcraft 3 alpha the priestess of the moon hero rode on a giant owl before they put her on a frostsaber however the owl would work for the hunter...

As far as tauren... hm... theres not really anything that big out there... how bout bringing back plainsrunning... but on air...

"...imagine a flying maggot"

Reigns of the Massive Horse-Fly (demonic horse/fly hybrid) 8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire
    In the warcraft 3 alpha the priestess of the moon hero rode on a giant owl before they put her on a frostsaber however the owl would work for the hunter...

As far as tauren... hm... theres not really anything that big out there... how bout bringing back plainsrunning... but on air...
    Airswimming?
    In the Groves of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert
    Mwa ha ha ha ha, dance the little girl like they're pretty unicorn? Seriously, paladins are underrepresented in the 8 year old girl department, but this could very well fix that.

I will say I have been waiting since BC to get a freaking bat for shaman. They just taunted me in Zul'Drak with the damn trolls riding they're bats around, laughing at me and my non batness.
    a pegasus, if portrayed correctly, can look pretty bad ass.

ex:
    http://tabon.deviantart.com/art/Army...neral-69414683
    Q. Why are there so few female politicians?
    A. Because it takes too long to makeup on two faces

Mwa ha ha ha ha, dance the little girl like they're pretty unicorn? Seriously, paladins are underrepresented in the 8 year old girl department, but this could very well fix that.
    Fire Emblem deals with pegasus-knights quite well (although granted, they're all women).

I will say I have been waiting since BC to get a freaking bat for shaman. They just taunted me in Zul'Drak with the damn trolls riding they're bats around, laughing at me and my non batness.
    Wait, wait, wait. Let me see if I've got this right...

A winged horse is girly/juvenile. An undead winged horse is the badass mount of the expansion.

Did I get it?

Giev Tauren a winged Kodo ;D

Seriously, i would give Tauren a Chimeara flying mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypper
    Wait, wait, wait. Let me see if I've got this right...

A winged horse is girly/juvenile. An undead winged horse is the badass mount of the expansion.

Did I get it?
    No, Arthas totally is pulling a 4 year old pretty princess manuever here, just with a Lich King sorta spin.

So to reiterate, intro movie of Arthas summoning a big ass undead frost wyrm, bad ass.

Arthas going back to where he buried his pony and giving it little wings to fly around on and squeal while braiding his dolly, signifigantly less bad ass.
    Is this where the header goes?

[Planesflying] seems the obvious Tauren choice

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher
    Troll : A flying carpet
    My troll priest already has one of those :P

I wonder why no one thought of Flying Boards as goblin flying mount...
    They could use the same animation for riding it as the carpet one

Quote Originally Posted by thomiek
    I play a priest and am just as embarrassed as you are. Couldn't come up with anything serious. :
    lol. I've been thinking avout this for some time too. Our class doesn;t really have much unique in the terms of fun out of combat. IE, Warlock mounts etc.

So I was thinking. We can levitate right? About 2ft of the ground? Well, what is to stop a preist levitating as high as they like? Only out of combat ofc. You can use the spell levitate, and then you have the same control over her dirction, height and movement as you would a flying mount. To make it fair, and not OP, maybe make it so it has to be recast every 2 mins like the current spell. It would also be instant cast like druid Flight form too.

I think that would be a coll addition and really set us apart from the other classes, and make our defunct Levitate spell cool again.

As for normal land mounts. Yes they might not see much use in cata. But I can foresee BGs and cities being no fly areas like they are currently. So you'll still make use of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

Draenei: Exodar

That is all

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Marath
    Draenei: Exodar

That is all
    Please, no... Deathwing is going to cause enough havoc as it is.

ALLIANCE

Humans- The Da Vinci Glider.

Dwarves- Giant Pidgeon.

Night Elves- Big puple pimp airplane

Gnomes- Winged Taurens

Drainie- Pink winged elephants

Worgen- Winged shoes.

HORDE

Orcs- Helicopter hat.

Undead- Huge undead chickens.

Tauren-Winged gnomes.

Trolls- Turbo totems.

Blood Elves- S red cape.

Goblins- UFO's
    pure win ;D

racial flying mounts:

human: giant eagle, like in lotr
    dwarf:gryphon
    nightelf:hippogryph
    gnome: gyrocopter ( with pedalling like in wc2 ^^ )
    draenei: flying spacegoar crystal, maybe a sporebat
    worgen: crow sounds good to me, approved

orc: wyvern, or maybe a green dragon, similary modeleld to those in wcII
    troll: da voodoo bat, mon ( though riding on ma totems would be sweet to ;D )
    tauren: a huge chimera, the only big enough living flying creature i could think of for tauren, also they were allied with the nightelves, a natureloving folk, like tauren
    undead: something undead, gargoyle, a flying patchwork(not the naxx boss or something )
    bloodelves: dragonhawk
    goblins: a rocket zeppelin ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

and for class specific ground mounts:

dk/wl/pala keep theirs

warrior: a big bad fat rhino, with armor plates, chains and spikes
    shaman: a huge bright spirit wolf, but not with the wolf skins we have know, something new, fast looking, or something elemental...corehound or something
    rogue: something stealthy, the only thing i can think of would be a warpstalker
    mage: something arcane
    priest: a spiritual something, it should look holy and divine normally, but take a wicked form when in shadowform
    druid: either an epic travelform ( dreadsaberskin of sholazar ? ) or something other... an urtum carrying the druid around, or he transforms into a root, plowing through the ground similar to the roots in d2 of the druid
    hunter: this is tough, has to be something mighty... maybe a thunder lizard, something a hunter cant tame normally
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    and for class specific ground mounts:

dk/wl/pala keep theirs

warrior: a big bad fat rhino, with armor plates, chains and spikes
    shaman: a huge bright spirit wolf, but not with the wolf skins we have know, something new, fast looking, or something elemental...corehound or something
    rogue: something stealthy, the only thing i can think of would be a warpstalker
    mage: something arcane
    priest: a spiritual something, it should look holy and divine normally, but take a wicked form when in shadowform
    druid: either an epic travelform ( dreadsaberskin of sholazar ? ) or something other... an urtum carrying the druid around, or he transforms into a root, plowing through the ground similar to the roots in d2 of the druid
    hunter: this is tough, has to be something mighty... maybe a thunder lizard, something a hunter cant tame normally
    Warrior - His Weapon
    Shaman - Shoveltusk!
    Rogue - Druid Cat Form
    Mage - Phoenix
    Priest - Piggybacks on a spirit form of itself
    Druid - Ass-Rockets
    Hunter - His Pet
    Death Knight - Acherus Skeleton Goat Pony
    Paladin - Super Hover Wings
    Warlock - Succubus

10+ Year Old Account

well they could always do kaliri, or even better, i noticed no one every mentioned the Roc, otherwise known as the thunderbird that would be a cool one to implement
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light. Hunters do it with the help of animal companions.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tancron
    Druid - Ass-Rockets
    Oh yes, This is what we need more of

Nothing funnier to watch than a bear druid in ICC Ass-Rocket from ship-to-ship lol
    The first rule of Starfall is, You don't talk about Starfall!

what about giving draenei Huge Moth mount? :P