Muradin's Spyglass vs Flare of The Heavens

I had been using both of these trinkets prior to getting a 245 reign. Now I have to make a decision, I am currently leaning more towards the Flare. Can anyone offer some more insight on this?

Deleted

Re: Muradin's Spyglass vs Flare of The Heavens

you really do not want crit no matter what, unless it comes as an added bonus, pick the spyglass D:

Prior to the release of icc Flare was the third BIS for ele shams.

use fa
    flare with the proc you get more out of it in the end its something like 200-230 more dps

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ht&cn=Snowkone

I can't really add more than what the current posters have said, but nevertheless I personally just prefer the spyglass, whatever suits your spec/playstyle/personal lore preference etc.
    I lean like a Trollo
    url=http://quiz.wegame.com/wow_class_quiz/?ref=forum][/url]
    I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games

Using ZAP! It shows the Spyglass to be 20% ahead of the Flare for my stats.

The procs are worth 180 SP for Spyglass and an average 142 SP for the Flare. (850 * 10/60)

So the Spyglass is better by 38 SP and 11 crit for the ilvl251 version.

yes but are you factoring in poping haste cds on the flare procs with that it makes flare overall more effective

I personally think that trinket procs with internal cooldowns are too unpredictable to realistically line up with haste cooldowns. It is my understanding that you will get more value from haste procs if they are used as soon as they come off cooldown. That is critical for making the T10 2pc valuable.

To your point, you could certainly time from the start of a Flare proc about 45 seconds out and if you knew that your EM or Berserking would be coming off cooldown at the same time that the internal Flare cooldown expired then you could wait a few seconds and cast them at the same time.

But that seems like a lot of planning around what if's, maybe's, and RNG.

All said and done, both trinkets are close enough that you can make either viable.

Quote Originally Posted by snowkone
    yes but are you factoring in poping haste cds on the flare procs with that it makes flare overall more effective

Quote Originally Posted by Durakghar
    I personally think that trinket procs with internal cooldowns are too unpredictable to realistically line up with haste cooldowns. It is my understanding that you will get more value from haste procs if they are used as soon as they come off cooldown. That is critical for making the T10 2pc valuable.

To your point, you could certainly time from the start of a Flare proc about 45 seconds out and if you knew that your EM or Berserking would be coming off cooldown at the same time that the internal Flare cooldown expired then you could wait a few seconds and cast them at the same time.

But that seems like a lot of planning around what if's, maybe's, and RNG.

All said and done, both trinkets are close enough that you can make either viable.

forgot to say im also an engineer and am also counting the 340 haste on gloves every min

I'd use the flare.Its much more situational than a staple 180 increase in spell power.
    Imagine you get it during a elemental mastery and hero at the same time youll see a 600 dps increase.
    Pew pew