Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral dps/gear problem

Hello guys.
    I'm kinda stuck when it comes to my dps and gear, my guild is doing icc 10/25 and I'm there as
    often as I can. I've read most of the topics about cat dps here on the forum, but I still need some help.
    I'm at 5.5k dps in icc 25 atm, which I know is bad.

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...t&cn=Neverfall

I got 58% crit unbuffed and 7.5k AP, 447 Arp.
    Btw, I know I'm way over the hit cap because all of my gear got hit :S I also need expertise.

By the time you read this I will have enchanted my bracers and replaced my blue gems with epic gems
    on head and shoulders. If you want any more information just ask.
    This is my first post here, and what I've seen is that some guys really give constructive criticism,
    so please help me a little

Re: Feral dps/gear problem

Just a quick glance over before I go out for lunch.

You have WAY too much hit rating (263 is cap) and not enough expertise (26 is soft cap).

Also you should ditch the gems with stam on them. The 10 stats gem will activate your meta.

you're gemming for armor pen without an arp trinket and without any way to get close to hard cap, you also bought the 264 idol =( 4piece t10 is the best thing to have atm. You have a lot of low ilvl gear which means you aren't going to have crazy dps. make sure you have badkitty to show how long you have on your bleeds/savage roar/mangle and work on your rotation, unfortunately that's all i see that's wrong

I got the banner of victory for arp.?
    Yes I bought the idol, and I regret it, but there is nothing to do about it now. I'm saving my emblems for t10 now.
    I use the addon feral by night to help me with the rotation.

Banner isn't bad for starters but the other poster is talking about something like this with a proc that will put you closer to the ArP cap.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50198

First off we need to know how you get gear, epgp, LC or +1? This would make a diff on what gear you should roll on and what to spend badges on. Second all kittys need to start out agility mainly for the fact that ArP cap is bad to jump to right away. But looking at your achievements you should save up for the head first then shoulders. Chest drops from 10man and legs you can craft to get yourself by.

Ok I will try to get http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50198.

I get gear on epgp system if thats what you meant BingeDrinker?
    Do you mean the t10 head? And why should I go for agility? I already got 58% crit unbuffed.
    Have I missed something?

agility is our best stat until you hit the soft crit cap (73% when you're hit and expertise capped) or if you have a good number of ArP on your gear and an ArP procc'ing trinket; NeS, runestone, grimtoll (sorry should have said that) then you gem ArP to get the soft cap and then agility in the rest. Don't worry about hit/exp gems until you are ArP soft capped and crit capped. (if you have a 3% chance to miss and 2% chance to dodge, your crit cap is 68%. 73 - % off hit cap - % off exp cap is your current crit cap)

Okey I see, so I need to buy all new gems for agi instead?
    Thanks for the help so far

Quote Originally Posted by Neverfall
    I got the banner of victory for arp.?
    Yes I bought the idol, and I regret it, but there is nothing to do about it now. I'm saving my emblems for t10 now.
    I use the addon feral by night to help me with the rotation.
    From what I've heard, FbN is no longer being updated since the writer quit WoW. It'd be best for you to find another addon.

Badkitty works wonders.

Deleted

FbN still works great, not that much has changed for feral dps since the last update from nightcrowler. Only thing it wont work with is 4T10 bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by klondikebear
    agility is our best stat until you hit the soft crit cap (73% when you're hit and expertise capped) or if you have a good number of ArP on your gear and an ArP procc'ing trinket; NeS, runestone, grimtoll (sorry should have said that) then you gem ArP to get the soft cap and then agility in the rest. Don't worry about hit/exp gems until you are ArP soft capped and crit capped. (if you have a 3% chance to miss and 2% chance to dodge, your crit cap is 68%. 73 - % off hit cap - % off exp cap is your current crit cap)
    where you getting this 73% from? 24% chance for glancing blows means crit cap is 76%. that crit suppression doesn't change the way you gear, just means you'll crit less than what it shows on your character sheet.

Get NES as soon as possible. Run FoS every day until you get it, preferably with guildies so that you know nobody else will need it. Very important. Once you have it, gemming ArP will become profitable up until the softcap (722 arp).

Dropping hit rating is quite important, you're wasting a serious amount of stats being so far over. Here are a list of gear suggestions that could help:

Chest - Upgrade to t9 chest, it's just badges so that should be easy. It's a much better piece and you drop hit.
    Helm - Upgrade to t9 helm, it's just badges again and it's a better piece.
    Gloves - Since you should now have t9 chest/helm, if you're still over hitcap you can drop the gloves while keeping your t9 bonus. The toc10 gloves are nice, lots of ArP, the icc10 gloves are even better.
    Legs - Make t10 legs your next frost badge purchase, you'll cap your expertise, drop some hit and gain a ton of ArP.
    Wrists - Get the crafted i245 bracers, they're way better and are another way to drop hit.

If you do all of the above upgrades you may drop a little too much hit, but there's lots of options for you to choose from.

Other upgrades..

Weapon - Hard to upgrade I know, but replacing this ASAP should be one of your top priorities (and make sure you enchant your new wep properly).
    Boots - You know you'e over the hitcap but you're still using icewalker enchant, why?

Professions

LW + Skinning aren't great dps profs, they're alright but you're better with JC/BS. I know it's expensive, but we're talking about increasing your dps and this is one way to do it. At the very least max your current profs for their bonuses.

15+ Year Old Account

Do. Not. Gem. ArP. Without. ArP. Trinkets.

NES, GT, or MR.

If you don't have one of thse 3, you gem Agility. Period.

The ONLY other way around it is to reach at least 1200 passive ArP. You're not even close, so stick to Agility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    where you getting this 73% from? 24% chance for glancing blows means crit cap is 76%. that crit suppression doesn't change the way you gear, just means you'll crit less than what it shows on your character sheet.
    because, ret pally = 3% crit but it doesn't show up on your character sheet, thus crit cap is 73%

Quote Originally Posted by Arel

NES, GT, or MR.

The ONLY other way around it is to reach at least 1200 passive ArP. You're not even close, so stick to Agility.
    This is a really old and played out thing to say. It's not true. It becomes more valuable at a lower amount than even that.

The only suggestion I can make is to google Toskk's calculator and input your information. The results will tell you which stat is better, and forecast the DPS increase.

Quote Originally Posted by klondikebear
    because, ret pally = 3% crit but it doesn't show up on your character sheet, thus crit cap is 73%
    That's assuming you have a ret or elemental shaman's ToW in your raid group, which isn't always the case, especially in 10mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Arel

NES, GT, or MR.

I do agree for fresh lvl 80 feral druid but when you are at T10 lvl, you going to need to just gem ARP because you are over 400 ARP.

With my DBW I'll start going over the crit cap if I gem agility. I only have about 860 ArPen.

Ok, I've read through all of the posts and I've found some good ideas. I'll try to get the items you mention here asap

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbt
    Get NES as soon as possible. Run FoS every day until you get it, preferably with guildies so that you know nobody else will need it. Very important. Once you have it, gemming ArP will become profitable up until the softcap (722 arp).

Dropping hit rating is quite important, you're wasting a serious amount of stats being so far over. Here are a list of gear suggestions that could help:

Chest - Upgrade to t9 chest, it's just badges so that should be easy. It's a much better piece and you drop hit.
    Helm - Upgrade to t9 helm, it's just badges again and it's a better piece.
    Gloves - Since you should now have t9 chest/helm, if you're still over hitcap you can drop the gloves while keeping your t9 bonus. The toc10 gloves are nice, lots of ArP, the icc10 gloves are even better.
    Legs - Make t10 legs your next frost badge purchase, you'll cap your expertise, drop some hit and gain a ton of ArP.
    Wrists - Get the crafted i245 bracers, they're way better and are another way to drop hit.

If you do all of the above upgrades you may drop a little too much hit, but there's lots of options for you to choose from.

Other upgrades..

Weapon - Hard to upgrade I know, but replacing this ASAP should be one of your top priorities (and make sure you enchant your new wep properly).
    Boots - You know you'e over the hitcap but you're still using icewalker enchant, why?

Professions

LW + Skinning aren't great dps profs, they're alright but you're better with JC/BS. I know it's expensive, but we're talking about increasing your dps and this is one way to do it. At the very least max your current profs for their bonuses.