Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    thanks for the screenshot teck
    unfortunately i dont have any experience with reflux, just heard about it and that it saves several UI configurations ...

thanks anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    You can pull the string from the aura for people to copy/paste the settings, but i suppose that SS gets the job done too.
    Ya, I actually had the SS sitting around from an old guild tutorial I did on PowA.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is my edited version of Tukui wich can be found at tukui.org
    http://i.imgur.com/35WYa.jpg

Added a few thing's because i just got back to casual raiding.
    Last edited by jasje; 2010-07-16 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jasje View Post
    This is my edited version of Tukui wich can be found at tukui.org
    http://i.imgur.com/35WYa.jpg

Added a few thing's because i just got back to casual raiding.
    I like it! Very clean. Missing a few things I like, but that's me just nitpicking. Care to elaborate on your modifications and edits?

Here's my new UI that I'm working on. Has oUF_Taroven for unitframes. I'm on my shadow priest but whatevs :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teckdragon View Post
    I like it! Very clean. Missing a few things I like, but that's me just nitpicking. Care to elaborate on your modifications and edits?
    Well i basicly changed the entire lay-out as you can see, i also added a few addons that are helpfull for a mage IE proc's etc.
    Everything is in Lua so you must know some Lua in order to edit anything. If you want to know more from this interface i suggest you look at tukui.org, ive got my own thread there where i give support for this interface, also, glad you like it :>

Quote Originally Posted by jasje View Post
    Well i basicly changed the entire lay-out as you can see, i also added a few addons that are helpfull for a mage IE proc's etc.
    Everything is in Lua so you must know some Lua in order to edit anything. If you want to know more from this interface i suggest you look at tukui.org, ive got my own thread there where i give support for this interface, also, glad you like it :>
    To be honest, I'm a hardcore fan of LUI, but each compilation has its own strengths.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure why not:

I'm actually thinking of altering it a bit soon. Getting a little tired of having my health bar and my target bar so high up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Sure why not:

I'm actually thinking of altering it a bit soon. Getting a little tired of having my health bar and my target bar so high up.
    what is the addon on the top right do the one that has the postion of the members in the raid and where can i download this from ?

15+ Year Old Account
    That would be HudMap.

Here is my raiding UI:

i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/Smock1999/RaidingUI.jpg

Add ons I use are:

Xperl
    Bartender
    Prat
    Scorchio
    DBM
    Recount
    Omen
    Ora
    Decursive
    WIM
    Easy Portal
    Altaloot
    Sexy Map

img840.imageshack.us/img840/3021/wowscr.png

Here is mine . Modified TukuiUI and some other small addons.

Deleted
    Repost from the Mods forum, dunno where it is more appropriate:

So, here is my terrible attempt to imitate his (Teckdragons) UI setup:

The image is linked to an original size version. So, according to the numbers of failure, here goes:

1) How do I get the xperl unit frames to look like the default (?) or as Teckdragon ones?
    2) After installing Lui I have the tooltip always in the center, covering the most important part of my screen. How do I move it?
    3) Why does the spell timer thingie show?
    4) Any tips how I scale the LUI background drop for Recount to the size of Recount?
    5) All those small buttons for Atlas and so on, how do I get them moving?
    6) Any good tips on both how to remove chat icons and maybe replace the chat with something better?

I know its alot of questions, especially for a first post, but I tried to fix as much as I could with the help of google and am at an end right now, hoping for a few pointers by experienced mages.

Cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by Yootoo View Post
    Repost from the Mods forum, dunno where it is more appropriate:

So, here is my terrible attempt to imitate his (Teckdragons) UI setup:

The image is linked to an original size version. So, according to the numbers of failure, here goes:
    LoL, flattery will get you a long way my friend. First of all, get the mod eAlign. Once its installed, typing /align on your screen will give you a grid within to adjust all your frames. This helps extraordinarily when building a new UI.

Actually, take a step back first. Back up your WTF and Interface folders (simply rename them) because we're going to want to start fresh. That's why your frames for chat, omen, etc are all uneven.

1) How do I get the xperl unit frames to look like the default (?) or as Teckdragon ones?
    I suppose I should get around to uploading my WTF folder sometime. Until then, here's some shots of the settings I'm using:

2) After installing Lui I have the tooltip always in the center, covering the most important part of my screen. How do I move it?
    The addon included with LUI is called TipTop, which I replaced with TipTac. Once it's installed, there's an option to move the anchor point. Also a note: TipTac doesn't support individual settings per character, so wherever you move it, it's going to be the same on all your characters.

3) Why does the spell timer thingie show?
    That's part of ForteXorcist. Type /fx in game to open the configuration window. It should look like this:

in the locked position.

Also, to use FX properly, you'll have to unclock it from LUI. Click the little gear icon on the menu at the top right of your screen, under the general tab click ForteXorcist, and be sure to uncheck the options for "Lock Spelltimer" and "Lock Cooldowntimer".

4) Any tips how I scale the LUI background drop for Recount to the size of Recount?
    As I said before, you'll need to do a fresh install of LUI after you delete your current WTF and interface folders. If you're still having problems, its likely a resolution issue.

5) All those small buttons for Atlas and so on, how do I get them moving?
    This was one of the more annoying things to deal with, but looks really nice when its done. You'll need to use StatBlockCore. Type /sbc and be sure to disable as many icons as possible. Several of those mods, such as AtlasLoot, you can simply go into the settings for each mod and disable their respective icons. I'll go into more detail on SBC later.

6) Any good tips on both how to remove chat icons and maybe replace the chat with something better?
    To remove the chat icons, you'll need to use a 3rd part chat mod. Personally, I use Prat. LUI comes with its own chat modifications, but I prefer Prat because Loui's options are severely limited. You cannot use both at the same time, however, and as such must first disable the chat modifications included with LUI. To this, click that same gear icon, go down to the Chat tab, and uncheck the "Enable" option.

I know its alot of questions, especially for a first post, but I tried to fix as much as I could with the help of google and am at an end right now, hoping for a few pointers by experienced mages.

Cheers guys
    If you have any more questions just ask. I'll try and upload my WTF folder at some point in the future.
    Last edited by Teckdragon; 2010-07-29 at 01:02 AM.

Deleted
    Wow, thanks for the pointers. I think starting from scratch helped alot.

Here is what it looks like right now:

Fixed most of the things that bugged me, however a few more questions remain:

1) It looks like you use Quartz for the channeling bar and FX for the buff timers? If yes/not - any settings I must consider when running both addons?
    2) My party window looks ... well, unorganized. Its hard to actually find important information in the blink of an eye. Any tips there or does your regular party window also looks like this?
    3) Any specific changes you did to MSBT? My vanilla one looks terrible compared to what I see in your vid.
    4) fixed (had to enable out-of-date addons for buffalo to work)
    5) How did you moved Mail, Friends, DBM and so on to the top bar? ^^
    6) What are those timers on the bottom left in your vid? buffs/debuffs on the target or something?

Again so many questions, hope you aren't annoyed yet, but I am taking giant steps here with any tips you are giving me compared to my own fiddling.

Thanks so far!
    Last edited by mmoc68196e3b1a; 2010-07-29 at 01:32 PM.

1) It looks like you use Quartz for the channeling bar and FX for the buff timers? If yes/not - any settings I must consider when running both addons?
    That's correct. My castbar is Quartz (which I use for its latency timer as well as ease of use for set up and texturing). The biggest issue to watch for is maxing sure all your textures and fonts match correctly. I believe all mine are the "Blizzard" texture or "Minimalist". Also, you'll have to play around with the FX spelltimer settings to find a size that's not too big and not too small. What I did was unlock it, and then use ealign to place it so that the spell icons would match up. I tried to keep the timers to the left half of my bar, and the Mage Nuggets window to the right.

2) My party window looks ... well, unorganized. Its hard to actually find important information in the blink of an eye. Any tips there or does your regular party window also looks like this?
    Firstly, disable all party buffs. Those just clutter the screen. Secondly, scale down the target of target frame in your party windows. Mine literally just show portrait, hp, and energy (mana, rage, etc.) along with full background debuff highlighting for curable debuffs only (i.e. curses). I also have them placed so that they do not overlap the left side popout menu.

3) Any specific changes you did to MSBT? My vanilla one looks terrible compared to what I see in your vid.
    Firstly, change that godawful font. I use Fritz Quadrata or Ariel Narrow for all my fonts. Secondly, disable every single option cause you'll only want to enable a few. I have all my heals received and mana gains on the right side (you'll have to specify the side in MSBT cause this isn't its default side) and all damage received on the left side. There's a lot of options for abilities like glancing blows, etc, that just clutters the screen so I prefer not to use it.

5) How did you moved Mail, Friends, DBM and so on to the top bar? ^^
    Part of these options, like the guild and friend info, are under the LUI settings for info. For the non LUI ones, I used StatBlockCore. Type /sbc, and it gives you options for each "button". You'll have to adjust the transparency, sizing, hide icons, and match the font. It's a lot of little work but it looks really nice in the end. I also disabled the default LUI gold tracker, and instead used Auditor. You'll notice mine also uses Real ID support in my top bar, I did that using This fix here (requires some LUA editing). Also for some basic tips on SBC, check out this post. I did a little rearranging, such as moving my latency, fps, and memory to left, and added options for xperl, dbm, etc.

6) What are those timers on the bottom left in your vid? buffs/debuffs on the target or something?
    Those are my timers from Deadly Boss Mods. I just moved them to a more convenient location and disabled the whole flashing in the center screen option. You're welcome to use any bossmod you prefer.

Again so many questions, hope you aren't annoyed yet, but I am taking giant steps here with any tips you are giving me compared to my own fiddling.

Thanks so far!
    No problem. Here's a recent shot I took while doing a "Dedicated Few" run because I wanted to show off my 115% crit. Use it to compare/make adjustments to your own UI. If I can find a reliable free host, I'll try and upload my WTF folder at some point.

Mostly LUI with a few additions and moving things around.

You can tell Aman'thul pugs bring the pro DPS from looking at recount.

Thinking about switching to Tukui till the LUI creater releases V4 when Cata hits, from what i've heard of the V4 features it's gonna be the best UI WOW has ever seen.

Last edited by DeiVias; 2010-08-06 at 01:35 PM.

PowerAuras Triggers(most of em anyways)

Last edited by vlabakje; 2010-08-07 at 12:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Edited the new v11 version of tukui, here's a ss
    http://imgur.com/dQbMt.jpg

Il like that idea with player and target unitframes. If target is right side means Focus/pet/tot ar left side?