Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Shaman Wishlist, New spell for cataylism

Saw this thread on Hunter, which was stolen from somewhere else. What change to a spell or new spell would you like to see for the expansion for each class.

Resto - Either a new HoT or a spell that instantly consumes a water shield bubble, or makes an Earth shield charge to explode and do an AoE heal

Elemental - not sure dont play elemental that much

Enhance - either make Feral spirits last longer or the earthquake spell Thrall has in Warcraft III

thats just me, whats your ideas.

Re: Shaman Wishlist, New spell for cataylism

Quote Originally Posted by Polanco
    Saw this thread on Hunter, which was stolen from somewhere else. What change to a spell or new spell would you like to see for the expansion for each class.

Resto - Either a new HoT or a spell that instantly consumes a water shield bubble, or makes an Earth shield charge to explode and do an AoE heal

Elemental - not sure dont play elemental that much

Enhance - either make Feral spirits last longer or the earthquake spell Thrall has in Warcraft III
    thats just me, whats your ideas.
    Those two would be massively awesome. Doesn't Enhancement already sort of suffer from not really having a proer spammable AoE?

As for Elemental, I think that a Wind Revenant of some sort would be cool. Although I don't know if you all agree on that one :P

Deleted

I like the Restoration Earth shield and Earthquake spell like Mushroom said.
    Also WTB a decent mana source for pvp and a oh shi- button for pvp and pve.
    but yeh nice ideas

I think some kind of spell where the shaman would become a wind draft for a few seconds. Something like

Swiftwalk
    The shaman takes an ethereal form made of wind. Increase movement speed by 100% and becomes untargettable for the duration. Removes all movement impairing effect on use and becomes immune to them for the duration. When changing form all charges from any shield on the shaman are instantly consumed. Last 4 seconds. 65 seconds cooldown.

I want to be able to summon all of the different type's of elementals not just fire and earth.

As for a new skill/spell similar to blink for Elemental Shaman [Wind Walk] which makes you character turn into a gaseous cloud ( ie. dispersion in looks ) and carries you 20 meters where you reform, instant cast 30 second cooldown

A glyphed Tremor totem could cause Earthquake damage to anyone in the area.. I dunno :-\

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama
    Please make lightning helicopter, it is a helicopter made out of lightning.

When Shaman cast Lightning helicopter it mean helicopter-shaped lightning
    fly to target face and rip. When touched, the face rip. Lightning helicopter
    has special feature where ripface is shock into propellers and spin around
    shocking and spinning,

At end lightning helicopter crashes into ground and victim crashes for
    explode lightning!!
    uh, okay.

On topic, earthquake. And viable elemental pets! Goddamn useless totem pets..

10+ Year Old Account

For elementals, Fissure. Create a crack in the earth that slows down mobs and deals nature/fire damage for 10s.
    Kinda like blizzard for mages.
    For the Emperor.

Elemental Shaman now have nice AoE capability, nice burst damage, so maybe something that helps scaling.

I don't like the ideas of pets. They didn't catch on as well with the fire/earth elemental totems... Fire helps with some high dps encounters...

I'm stuck for ideas. We have a gimmick move to play with, though they removed the dismounting capabilities... Maybe a talent which gives you 3 seperate abilities.

None of these are passive but actual abilities you switch between, somewhat like auras, presences or aspects... Maybe to "imbue" your spells with the power of elements.

____
    Elemental Desecration: Increases spell power by X% of int. The obvious choice for DPS.

Elemental Preservation: Gives you X% of your mana back per spell. for mana regeneration...

Elemental Fortification: Does something odd and gimmicky. Maybe... Just maybe...

Increases armor by W%,
    Increases defence by X%,
    Increases threat by Y%
    Decreases damage done by Z%...

Caster tanks ftw.

*Edit: Changing some sentences. They didn't look right. - Sorry about the shitty names. Sort of 'on the spot'.

Gift of Thunderaan Elemental

The Shaman gains the Gift of Thunderaan Granting the form of the wind god for 20 - 30 sec during this time only offensive nature spells can be used but the damage caused by those spells is increased by 30 -50% and spell haste is increased by 25% Can Not be used during Bloodlust

Im not actually sure if he's the wind god but come on that would be a kickass spell and make up for the shitfest that is thunderstorm, I couldnt make up my mind on %'s so i did a anywhere between those two numbers deal

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089
    Gift of Thunderaan Elemental

The Shaman gains the Gift of Thunderaan Granting the form of the wind god for 20 - 30 sec during this time only offensive nature spells can be used but the damage caused by those spells is increased by 30 -50% and spell haste is increased by 25% Can Not be used during Bloodlust

Im not actually sure if he's the wind god but come on that would be a kickass spell and make up for the shitfest that is thunderstorm, I couldnt make up my mind on %'s so i did a anywhere between those two numbers deal
    That's all well and good. And Thunderaan is the son of Al'Akir, the Windlord.

But as much as I would LOVE that spell. It's slightly overpowered and would not help control their burst in PvP, lest it not be allowed in Arena.

Elemental Shaman need something to keep a higher sustained DPS. Their burst is already off the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Heikken
    I think some kind of spell where the shaman would become a wind draft for a few seconds. Something like

Swiftwalk
    The shaman takes an ethereal form made of wind. Increase movement speed by 100% and becomes untargettable for the duration. Removes all movement impairing effect on use and becomes immune to them for the duration. When changing form all charges from any shield on the shaman are instantly consumed. Last 4 seconds. 65 seconds cooldown.
    What? Like a rogue's sprint, a mage's invisibility and a paladin's bubble. ALL AT THE SAME TIME?
    That doesn't sound Overpowered at all, lol

ele shammys need a real aoe spell.they should either come up with a new mechanic for chainlightning like the shadow priest aoe where you hit a target and it arcs to everything in range,or they need to make all 3 chain lightning targets take full damage .

Something else in the frost school of magic, we finally have 2 spells in fire and nature (at least) that are actually used. Frost has 2 spells, one with limitted usage and only in PvP Frostbrand Weapon (yeah i went there), and frost shock which is only really usefull for PvP.

Also elementals turret style of play should really be addressed (lack of options while moving).

Since there are no channeled spells for elemental and most classes seem to have one, make some sort of frost channeled spell.

Enhancement : seriously, we don't need another button in our skill priority list. I'd really like for blizz to REMOVE flame shock from viability (and necessity to reach absolute peak dps) as an enhancement skill. With Earth Shock, Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Lightning Bolt, Magma Totem, Lightning Shield and Fire Nova (and situationaly Wind Shear and Purge, as well as Shamanistic Rage and Feral Spirit on longer cooldowns) we have a satisfactory amount of buttons, I've never been happy with having to maintain Flame Shock too.

Something which would buff Lava Lash would be nice, or increase the duration of/otherwise buff my awesome doggies.

I wouldn't mind another ability on a reasonable cooldown (1-3min) but I don't really want anything else in my standard damage skill priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylla
    Enhancement : seriously, we don't need another button in our skill priority list. I'd really like for blizz to REMOVE flame shock from viability (and necessity to reach absolute peak dps) as an enhancement skill. With Earth Shock, Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Lightning Bolt, Magma Totem, Lightning Shield and Fire Nova (and situationaly Wind Shear and Purge, as well as Shamanistic Rage and Feral Spirit on longer cooldowns) we have a satisfactory amount of buttons, I've never been happy with having to maintain Flame Shock too.

Something which would buff Lava Lash would be nice, or increase the duration of/otherwise buff my awesome doggies.

I wouldn't mind another ability on a reasonable cooldown (1-3min) but I don't really want anything else in my standard damage skill priority list.
    While I agree that another spell could not fit in our "priority rotation", I really think we need another spell. I feel like there is something missing from Enhancement Shamans that almost all the other classes have. I just feel like we aren't "finished" in a sense. I'd like some spell that increases viability, such as the suggested "oh-shi" button. Maybe some utility spell too, like the suggested Fissure or similar.

for elemental..

Lightning tendrils from the iron council encounter =p

Spirit's Favour - For 8 seconds, anyone in the raid or party will get healed for 15% hp after being hit by an attack that would otherwise kill them.
    5 minute cooldown.

Eternal regeneration - Heals the friendly target for 2000 every 3 seconds for 12 seconds and explodes at the end of its duration healing 5 friendly targets within 12 yards for 5500 hp.
    15 second cooldown

An instant cast hot available regardless of spec, mostly for PvP purposes but obviously with some nice use for an emergency in PvE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

I'd definitely like to see Spirit Link revived for resto spec

then for
    enh:
    Elemental Warfare: 50% of the physical damage you deal with your melee attacks is converted to nature damage. in addition you melee attacks now deal extra x% of frost and fire damage.
    -- to reduce the effect of target having armor w/o having to have arp

Ele:
    Elemental swiftness: Your Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning spells are counted as instant spells when you are moving, doing 50% of the damage they would normally do.
    -- to address the current glass cannon complex ele shammy has. ofc casting this way is not, nor it should be as effective as casting while standing still

Aand.. these ofc are talents, not spells.

For spells/skills:
    Resto:
    Revitalizing Rain: Conjures up a revitalizing rain to target area. Friendly targets washed by the rain regain 0.5% of max mana, 5 rage/energy/runic power per second. Lasts 10sec. 1min CD

Enh:
    Sacrifice of Flames: Bestows a fiery aura upon a shaman, which causes X fire damage ever 3 seconds to all enemies withing 10yd of the shaman for the next 15sec. Consumes your fire totem in process. 1min CD.

Ele:
    Quickfire: Spreads your flameshock DoT from the enemy target to all enemies within 10yd of the target and also refreshes the flameshock DoT on current target. 30sec CD

15+ Year Old Account

Enhance:
    Wind and Ash - Your mainhand weapon deals an additional 6% damage as nature if enchanted with Windfury, while your offhand deals 6% additional damage as fire if it is enchanted with Flametongue. In addition, the damage dealt by both Windfury and Flametongue is increased by 5%, and Stormstrike

Edit: Just realised this is a talent rather than a spell, but meh.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.