Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Nibelung toughs?

Quote Originally Posted by Bozkurt
    A few Thunder chickens got it in our raids, and increased their Dps by a nice amount.
    I can see this happening, considering the haste caps/crit caps being so low for boomkins, this staff is probably best for a boomkin. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    no? it dont proc on dot tics, never had and never will
    Quote Originally Posted by Logbc
    Bakis is right in everything he says.
    Quote Originally Posted by antilock
    I generally get 2-3 procs out of this staff while using curse of the elements and i can prove it procs off dots because if i cast corruption and then leave combat i can still get a valkyr proc from something other than the initial cast.
    Sorry, I had to :P

In any case, proof or gtfo, Bakis.

(sorry to derail your topic a little, OP)

Re: Nibelung thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis

funny since it does not proc on dot ticks
    it can proc on applying a dot cos that is a cast, a dot ticks is not

80% uptime of the valkyr, nice Troll, dont feed him
    Fixed for horrible grammar. :P
    Mike Morheim: Rift is totally gonna fail
    Ghostcrawler: Yeah good thing we made healing harder!
    Metzen: Guys, what soul should I get to go with Paladin and Beastmaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopdreams
    I can see this happening, considering the haste caps/crit caps being so low for boomkins, this staff is probably best for a boomkin. Just a thought.
    Yeah its one of the better ones for us.

I know for balance it procs of refreshing my moonfire dot, and refreshing Earth and moon.

Not sure if the ticks from IS proc it, pretty sure they do not.

Starfall proc's the staff almost everytime I cast the damn thing on the other hand.
    To answer the 40 new threads a day on this topic:

Pre 401 haste: Haste.
    Pre 42% crit: Crit (fully buffed, in combat)
    Post these caps: Haste = crit
    Tier 10 and with the above: Slight favor to haste, but generally close to each other.
    (Thanks Qieth)

I have had this staff for a while now (I got it to play with... it was going to be sharded)

What I have noticed from the times I have used it, bare in mind that I have only ever really used it on ToC normal where my DPS sucking really didnt matter.

We proc less Valks than almost any other class that can use it, our boomkin and one of our locks nearly always have 2-3 valks up and I feel lucky to get one, the few few times that I have had 2 up at once I almost shit my pants with excitement.

The valks themselves do roughly 30k damage to the target then die

To be perfectly honest, its not very good for us, and I really thing that dots do have a chance to proc a valk because I see no other reason for the disparity between us and everyone else.

I for one would never use the bloody thing. The Proc seems to be unfixed in terms of the mobs not going insta splat upon spawning but then again i'm a haste whore. And it has no haste :<

To be honest I like it alot.
    I tried this thing again today and was lucky since it proced in the begining during marrowgar and before the first storm.Then again i saw two just after the second resulting in 12.7% of my total damage done.
    On lady deathwhisper it proced 3 times and It did 9% of my total damage done.
    On gunship I didn't bother.
    As said earlier on rotface it doesn't get affected by the aoe so it actually helped me doing about 11% of my total damage done.Saurfang this is still king I finished 2nd on the dps meter behind our only rogue I saw 3 proced at the same time.
    Putricide I was healing so no idea.
    I will continue testing this but its really not THAT unreliable.I would take this over a 251 weapon/off hand honestly.Also this is better than the saurfang staff on 10 man but not better than the 25 man version.
    It costed me 45 dkp so its okey.Btw our fire mage has this and I remember him telling me that on togc25 he got 6 at the same time resulting in him finishing first with 13k dps.(Living bomb stacking on adds I guess).
    Pew pew

unless they have severely upped the damage of the valks (each did roughly 30k total damage before they died) then you only did about 1,000,000 damage on those fights.

you had 4 proc on marrowgar which would equate to roughly 120000 damage (12.75% of your total means your total is around 950k)
    you had 3 proc on deathwhisper which would be roughly 90000 damage (9% of your total means that you did roughly 900k damage)

I really hope that they buffed the damage of the valks and my math is way way out. Please can you link a recount screenshot or a meter so i can have a look? if they did buff the damage this might be worth a 2nd look.

edited for my nosleep math which is evidently shit

Does anyone know if Improved Shadowbolt and Shadow Embrace debuffs will proc this too? Seeing as Earth and Moon apparently does. That'd probably make me bid on this, just to try it out, though I'd miss the haste on Saurfang10 staff :<
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    I'd ride for the sole fact that its a huge cock. It'd be hilarious.

the staff is fun, i guess. we've had a shadow priest and a warlock take the ones we've gotten so far. its possible, as said above, that you can have multiple val'kyrs at once, however I found this to be about as rare as the staff proccing at all. the val'kyrs die way to easily to aoe....idk, Nibelung is a piece of crap, just fun to play with.

However the val'kyr do fly...so if you're ever doing razorscale in Ulduar, its quite fun to use the staff. :P