Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Veoxess View Post
    Explain the reasoning behind this because it doesn't make sense... 80% of your strikes are physical application which means every dodge = loss in dps. How is expertise not important?
    Because a lot of your damage as unholy is not affected by expertise, and when something gets dodged the runes don't go on cooldown so you can just use it again. Every swing that doesn't land is a loss of dps, but the amount of that dps loss that would be reduced by expertise is smaller than the gain that you would get from equivalent amounts of other stats.

Well if that's the case then expertise for dks is completly useless for all specs. And to be honest even with a rune refresh the gcd is still lost. It's not like there's slot of downtime between rotations to compensate a dodge. Melée swing is alone one if our highest damaging abilities.
    Last edited by Veoxess; 2010-09-27 at 05:24 PM.

There isn't enough downtime for Frost and Blood because the rotations (especially GoD) depend on strikes landing because so much of the damage is strike based, whereas Unholy can get away with a dodge here or there and not suffer a big enough loss to go for 26 expertise.

Arms is the only spec that wants effectively 0 expertise.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

I can understand not going for cap but effectively hovering between 20 and cap would be decent enough. To the above poster, I was being rhetorical. Essentially the OP should be fixed to reflect that and not treat expertise as completely useless, otherwise new dks who read this for the first time will take it as fact. Otherwise it wasa well written article.
    Last edited by Veoxess; 2010-09-27 at 06:13 PM.

It's not better than other stats when you have 0 expertise and its not better than other stats when you have 25. An optimal unholy gear set would have no expertise at all but this is not true for the other specs because the mechanics are different.

The theorycraft has been done, if you think otherwise then come up with some numbers to support your point instead of just disagreeing with what has been accepted as fact for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Veoxess View Post
    Explain the reasoning behind this because it doesn't make sense... 80% of your strikes are physical application which means every dodge = loss in dps. How is expertise not important?
    The rotation is nowhere near as tight as frost or blood. You have enough spare GCD's to be able to miss an attack and have it not matter.

Hey I have some what of a dilemma, my guild has been trying to run ICC 10 Heroic and the dps requirements are of course at least 9k. Me myself I pull like 4.5k-5k in a regular random; however, I can only pull max 6.5k-7k dps.

My Stats(with just HoW): Strength-2331
    Attack power-6307
    Hit: 327
    Crit: 32.23%
    Expertise: 26
    Can anyone help me out here?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...jin&cn=Thailok

Lose hit, swap to arpen gems with a nightmare tear for your highest socket strength bonus, get JC to 400 are the most general tips.

What rotation are you using?

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

My rotation is IT-PS-HS-HS-DS-RUNIC DUMP-DS-HS-HS-HS-HS-RUNIC DUMP.
    But I have the Nightmare tear, but I thought that Dk's a suppose to stack strength and such?

Blood stacks arpen. You should have enough from gear and enough gem slots to gain dps from it.

So stack as much armpen as possible while getting the socket bonuses, right?

No, don't bother with socket bonuses till you can get 1200 arpen, then worry about them. Or go Unholy, and worry about them.

Unholy would probably be a lot better for your gear, plus it brings a better buff. If you have a raid comp so melee heavy 10%ap is better, you probably already have the buff provided.

Yeah I tried going unholy but it just didn't feel right. Idk the unholy just felt off for me; however, blood I like. So from what you are saying I should stack as much Arm pen as possible. thanks I'll let you know how it goes.

I just recently picked up Shadow's Edge from 25man ICC. Before I picked it up I was DW frost with Soulbreaker and Quel'Delar, Cunning of the Shadows and Pulling pretty good dps in ICC10/25. Currently I am using a 2h frost spec, 17/51/3, that my friend suggested though my dps has dropped a bit after i regemed for Shadow's Edge. I'm wondering if I should have respeced and used Shadow's Edge for dps or if i should go back to DW frost. What would be a good spec to use and how should I be gemming if i should use Shadow's Edge?

Thank you for your time and help.

DW Frost or Unholy till 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Thailok View Post
    Yeah I tried going unholy but it just didn't feel right. Idk the unholy just felt off for me; however, blood I like. So from what you are saying I should stack as much Arm pen as possible. thanks I'll let you know how it goes.
    Actually, blood dps is honestly not good at all. Unholy or Frost DW is much better, and considering 4.0.1 is coming out tomorow, you should just change specs then :P

I think it's time to let this fall into the abyss. Unsticking and Locking.