Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Agility gear being changed in Cataclysm...

Quote Originally Posted by Enders
    While it's all well and good, what happens to our ranged weapons? If they're going to make agility gear crap for strength classes... where are our strength dps guns? As far as I'm aware all ranged weapons are either agility crap or tanking crap, so are we just gonna get screwed or what? We already get less from our ranged slot than the other strength dps classes, and it's only gonna get worse if this goes ahead as is.
    There are 2 non-agi non-tank guns in Uld, while there are not any in ToC or ICC I do not know if there are any in the new 5 mans. Also dont forget that when the new gear rules go into affect we will have all new loot created with those new rules in mind. You will only have a couple months at most with the new rules in affect b4 cata drops so during that time just use a tank gun.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

15+ Year Old Account

Maybe they'll just make badge reward ranged weapons with strength DPS stats on them. Who knows? We'll find out, but I'm suer they won't screw you all over like that. At least I would hope not. :P
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon
    Actually, if you've noticed, they're very particular (in every snippet I've read) to use the words "leather, mail or plate" when talking about these AP/STR/AGI changes. Not just "gear", but specifically mentioning the armour types being affected.

What I'm saying is, jewelry, cloaks, trinkets and ranged slots may not suffer the same fate.
    Its global dude...across the board...there will be rings and amulets that rogues. druids, shamen, and hunters want, and there will be rings for the rets, dks, and warrior crowd too...and the deciding factor will be str vs agl.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Agility will neither be better nor worse for warriors then it is now, the only difference is that there will no longer be attack power, therefore, our ranged weapons will no longer have attack power on them. Therefore they will probalby have more agility on them to compensate, which means more crit, and I am guessing that they will probably make up the discrepancy by pouting sockets in more ranged weapons. Either that or they will make strength based ranged weapons.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire
    Because the items now = the items in Cataclysm AMIRITE?!

Idiotic troll is idiotic... :
    Just because we don't know yet doesn't make it a valid point.
    That's like saying, OH MY GOD WTF TALENTS TREES ARE CHANGING RIETE??!?!?! plz halp WHAT'S GUING OT HAPPEN TO WRRORZ OMG THEY ARE NOT THINKING AT ALL IT WONT HAPPEN OH GOD PLEASE TELL ME NOW OR ELSE IT'S NOT GOING OT HAPPEN.
    They are changing something. Do you REALLY think a development team like Blizzard would completely forget such a huge repercussion regarding an aspect of the game changing? I don't think so. You're right; they are changing things.
    ...K? It'll be looked at.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood888
    Agility will neither be better nor worse for warriors then it is now, the only difference is that there will no longer be attack power, therefore, our ranged weapons will no longer have attack power on them. Therefore they will probalby have more agility on them to compensate, which means more crit, and I am guessing that they will probably make up the discrepancy by pouting sockets in more ranged weapons. Either that or they will make strength based ranged weapons.
    My guess is that they'll lower the cooldown on Heroic Throw to something on the low side and just remove ranged weapons for Warriors, giving us access to Runes/Librams like the other plate DPS classes have.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood888
    This is most likely correct
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

It is being done to reduce the desirability of gear, and not just for agility gear but for any class that is not meant to be wearing that material.
    Agility gear will no longer be desirable to plate dps since it will no longer offer such useful stats, nor will cloth be as desirable to leather or mail wearers.
    Tough luck if you lose out on some potential gear items, see it from the point of those on the receiving end of the problem, since not only did they have the similar specs/classes to compete with, but those also who are not meant to be using it. So they will at least have fair competition for gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    It is being done to reduce the desirability of gear, and not just for agility gear but for any class that is not meant to be wearing that material.
    Agility gear will no longer be desirable to plate dps since it will no longer offer such useful stats, nor will cloth be as desirable to leather or mail wearers.
    Tough luck if you lose out on some potential gear items, see it from the point of those on the receiving end of the problem, since not only did they have the similar specs/classes to compete with, but those also who are not meant to be using it. So they will at least have fair competition for gear.
    Why would I be "not meant" for something that is best in slot? And many guilds still give priority to the rogue for leather, etc.

I can understand the dismay over losing a piece of gear but to be fair if a leather item gives a plate wearer a significant upgrade whereas it would be a minimal upgrade for a rogue/feral then I think it should go to the plate wearer.

This has nothing to do with being a loot hog ( I abhor those kind) and everything to do with progressing in raids. That being said, I welcome the changes to itemization because when you have to use complicated spreadsheets to be sure of an upgrade then it is too complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by RPZip
    My guess is that they'll lower the cooldown on Heroic Throw to something on the low side and just remove ranged weapons for Warriors, giving us access to Runes/Librams like the other plate DPS classes have.
    This is/was my guess as well. I think you'll see a "banner" style item in that slot, and Heroic Throw reworked to hit for less and usable more often.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org