Poll: Primordial Saronite over T10

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: T10 vs P. Saronite

Does not compute, getting a non-binding item w/ frost badges on your main. Just farm g by doing dailies everyday and buy some.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberoy
    Does not compute, getting a non-binding item w/ frost badges on your main. Just farm g by doing dailies everyday and buy some.
    Mate, I think you are missing the point.

The point is not wether we wanna be rich or having our bank full of saronite instead of getting T10.

The point is:
    Is T10 p2/p4 bonus so bad that we will benefit more from buying Saronite and other items from vender.

Simply a Poll between us holy/disc priests how bad we think our Tier bonuses are.

And my point is, that frost emblem gear, no matter what it may be will benefit your main more than buying an item that is easily farmable.

Well then we almost agree .

Since I will not buy Tier until I am drowning in emblems. Until that its BiS vendor/drop/crafted.

I'd say get your Shadow tier peices so you can at least upgrade them when it's your turn to get a chance for the tokens that drop.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Yeh. my thoughts have been around there, its just me being a old conservative priest fart -

Meaning its gonna take some time for me to admit that I can to use a shadow tier for healing

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael
    No matter how bad healing set bonuses are you should go for them. There is not much diversity in healing stats, and those random and crafted items do not differ much from set items. It's either spirit and crit or spirit and haste.
    In the end you should ask yourself, is random and terrible proc worse than no proc at all?
    So the best healer is one who hots the whole raid to be the 1st on recount and goes oom after 2 mins? :P

With raid buffs and proper usage of cds , I've never had big problems with mana (and I don't have a single intellect enchant/gem). That has nothing to do with me standing and not healing, out of 5sec rule was nerfed quite a while ago.

Maybe 2pc, you are disc so its better for you, as holy (me) i use renew more than flash heal

Deleted

As me beeing disc; I have the t10 shadow shoulders / head / and soon chest. I have bought the "Gloves of False Gestures" and soon be making "Leggins of Woven Death". I allrdy have the "Sandals of Consecration". For some reason also handy i picked the shadow tier 10. i can keep them for offspec aswell. alltho, i might nog have gemmed them right for shadow, since i gemmed them for disc
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...light&cn=Pyrah

Quote Originally Posted by tehmark

Maybe 2pc, you are disc so its better for you, as holy (me) i use renew more than flash heal
    It's not about set bonus being good, but rather difference between non-set items and set items. I'm still using few items from Ulduar and I'm not in a rush for upgrades.
    Like i've said before, no one cares about healing meters. If you know your job and are not going oom, you're good, and in that case i'd rather have some set bonus just for fun factor, than more regen/crit/haste/power cause its "BiS".
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael
    It's not about set bonus being good, but rather difference between non-set items and set items. I'm still using few items from Ulduar and I'm not in a rush for upgrades.
    Like i've said before, no one cares about healing meters. If you know your job and are not going oom, you're good, and in that case i'd rather have some set bonus just for fun factor, than more regen/crit/haste/power cause its "BiS".

I like your point of view!

You can haz cookie

[Everyone else who voted for cookie. Come to my place for cookiez and internet the 5th of February. Looking forward to see you all]

15+ Year Old Account

If you're holy, the 2-pc is nice and the 4-pc is okay at best.

If you're discipline, both set bonuses are great. I so can't wait to have my 4-pc.

If you're shadow, I'm not sure actually.

But if you're raiding 25-man content, always tier > badge gear. In my opinion.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown

If you're discipline, both set bonuses are great. I so can't wait to have my 4-pc.

If you're shadow, I'm not sure actually.

But if you're raiding 25-man content, always tier > badge gear. In my opinion.
    As for shadow, getting 4pc is a major dps increase. For the others, I agree for the most part.

Guys, sorry, but it seems that you all forget that there's something like 'own play style' when playing a healer. It's not shadow spec where you can go to shadowpriest.com and see what's good and what's not in calculated lists of items. As disc/holy priest you got to know which spells you use most, which rarely and how's your role in raid.
    Remember also that every encounter is different, where in some it's prefered to have much int and mana regen, in other those stats are not that important.

As for myself i'm not going to buy shadow tier items. Bought already healer's t10 shoulders and head, next i'm going to buy healer's t10 chest and gloves than saronite leggins. Yes, i want t10 4pc bonus. Why? I'm usually on tank healing duty and for that both bonuses ARE useful.

As for holy i'd also go for 4pc bonus. As all tier items are spirit/haste, spirit/crit, so it means all are good for holy. I know that bonuses are not that good as we wished they'll be but it's always good to have them. Even without bonuses, t10 items simply are good for holy. Spirit is always welcome, haste also and, as for me, 25% crit unbuffed (but not more) is a must.

As conclusion, pick those items that fits you best. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown

As Holy 2p is decent if you're a FH build and utter crap if you're a Renew build. So it's okay for 10s and marginal in 25s.

As Disc 2p is acceptable if and only if you're both full time tank healing and the tank is taking light enough damage to use FH.

4p is crap for Disc and okay for Holy if they're running a FH build. The reason it's only okay for Disc is that if you need the proc you will also be needing to heal a large amount and the required FH filler will reduce healing during a spike when you need it. Since it's used for tank healing and RNG based the likelihood of it being there when needed is not very good. For Holy it's okay for FH builds, which is what you may be looking at since you already have 2p to encourage it. It procs off your primary filler and it's okay that it's RNG because CoH is not an 'oh shit' heal, but just part of your normal raid healing.

So you get pretty meh bonuses as Disc in exchange for 4 pieces of high spirit gear. You get decent bonuses as Holy in exchange for gear that's already itemized for Holy. That's why Disc Priests are talking so heavily about using 3 pieces of Shadow gear and why a badge pieces and crafted legs, despite being 264, are better than the 277 alternatives.

If I get your summary correct, Harky, you need to be a fheal spammer to get anything out of the T10 bonuses as holy.

The question then is (and it's not really directed at you)... Why not reroll a paladin? At least your flasheals will be powerful.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    If I get your summary correct, Harky, you need to be a fheal spammer to get anything out of the T10 bonuses as holy.

The question then is (and it's not really directed at you)... Why not reroll a paladin? At least your flasheals will be powerful.
    But if you're FoL as paladin, you'll be bitched at for not going with HL since it is close in cast time and heals for more.

Yeah, I was talking about HoL. Sorry about that not being clear

Aaaanyway...

Fun tidbit: There is no random cloth legdrops in ICC (!).
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

The difference between FH and Renew builds as Holy is purely the filler. If 25% or so of your healing is from FH then the 2p T10 bonus is decent. If you're a Renew spec this should not be the case and if it is you're doing it wrong, or your other healers are. The benefit, really, is that the 2p T10 bonus as Holy is free. There are two Spirit/Haste T10 healing pieces, which is perfect, so you'll have it either way. It doesn't matter if you use the bonus at all since the pieces you're using have optimal stat allocations.

Either way a Paladin and a FH build Holy Priest don't have the same job. FH is just your filler spell anyway and should be beat by PoM and CoH for your top heal. PoH will be above it too for some fights.

Now, that said what you have to think about is the worth of an RNG HoT being applied when raid healing in a build that isn't relying on HoTs. It's counter-intuitive. But again, it doesn't matter because BiS Holy gear without any consideration of any bonuses takes 2p T10. The same list for Disc takes 0.

Quite true; the T10 healing legs and gloves are indeed excellently made for holy.

I'm just bitter, because My T9 items happens to be legs and gloves, and in every other slot I got Ilvl258 or better. *sighs* :P

Deleted

Heey what about getting all(or 4) tier pieces cuz its the last in this expansion and it looks pretty :