Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warrior Tier 10 4 set bonus or stamina

hey i need some advise on how to choose gear from ICC
    my problem is that my guild wants me to be a stamina tank, where i preferable likes to get the last bonuses from my tier gear and would like to here other warriors if they think the 4 set bonus is good enough to offer 3-4 extra slots depending on which tier items you choose

here is my warrior's as im geared hope some can help on which to choose

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...aul&cn=Zuljina

Re: Warrior Tier 10 4 set bonus or stamina

Offhand why the heck do you have lifeward on your sword? Go get bladewarding
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

The set bonus isn't good but it's not a bad one either. The set bonus is extremely situational but I'm still going for it because of the incoming armor buff (Gloves & Chest). Craftable legs + rest T10 is the way I'm personally going. Oh, and don't get bladewarding. It's terrible.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Kavalir
    Offhand why the heck do you have lifeward on your sword? Go get bladewarding
    bladewarding? LOL you mean go get mongoose right? also I think the so far determined best in slot is T10 helm and gloves (because of the armor increase incoming) for your 2 piece bonus cataclysmic chest for expertise and armor - crafted legs armor - boneguard commander shoulders from 25 saurfang? could be gunship i forget. but yeah armor off pieces is the thing right now one more thing please switch that brewfest trinket for the armor triumph badge trinket and delete the brewfest trinket from existance :<

i would vote on the 4piece bonus. Raid buffed you are probably somewhere around 50k+ health. That would mean a nice 10k bubble from bloodrage. Get the stam gear you will end up at what....52k? Yes more health is always good, but i would say the ability to knock 10k off the next attack is better. It basically turns bloodrage into a minor oh shit button.

I think stam wise your fine. I would focus on getting more armor. it seems to be what tanks are going for in ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kethlan
    i would vote on the 4piece bonus. Raid buffed you are probably somewhere around 50k+ health. That would mean a nice 10k bubble from bloodrage. Get the stam gear you will end up at what....52k? Yes more health is always good, but i would say the ability to knock 10k off the next attack is better. It basically turns bloodrage into a minor oh shit button.
    ^this.

My guess is most hard modes will be balanced around having that 4-piece bonus. So the faster you get it the easier they'll be on you, as well as it'll make it easier to upgrade to the hard mode versions for even better stats and more avoidance along with comparable levels of stam and armor.

i thank you all for your help and i saw someone saying the helm was getting upgrade just a small correction its the chest that gets the armor increase

The 4T10 is extremely... weak. I don't see how they could possibly balance hard modes around it considering the Paladin one is a dodge trinket and the Druid/DK ones are just flat-out superior in every single way. Think fast- 12% damage reduction for 10s, or a 10k shield? Wow, this is a hard one. Glad to see that they're rebalancing the insanely good Warrior survivability with crappy set... wait, why the hell are they buffing Druids/DKs/Paladins relative to Warriors!?

Skip it and look for off-set pieces, consider it as an afterthought if you're already using three of the four tanking set pieces but I certainly wouldn't aim for it in any way.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

10+ Year Old Account

There may be a large hitting boss attack similar to Gormocks Impale in ICC later on. Druids did not need a Hp/mitigation buff to survive it but Warriors,DK,pala may need to which is why they have a 1min CD 4set bonus. This is my guessing but I do feel it screams that we will need it due to just how good adding a 10k bubble onto your Hp pool is when trying to not die from a big hit. for the 12% CD that the other sets have to be better than 10k bubble the hit would have to be at least 83k. so most likely the 10K bubble will be superior to the DK/pala CD when dealing with a timed Large hit.

The only part of 4 part prot that might not be all that optimal will be shouders, and even they will just lack some stam.

So I'd say 4 part with crafted pants really outshine all other options by far, and finally gives a short cd defensive to go with shield block.

switch that brewfest trinket for the armor triumph badge trinket and delete the brewfest trinket from existance :<
    You run gearscore, don't you.
    Too cool for a sig.

Quote Originally Posted by thrizie
    ~2k Armor >= ~2k HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Kysimir
    ~2k Armor >= ~2k HP.
    It's all fun and games till you get lazer beamed in the eye.

Even with the incoming "buffs" you have to wait to get the 264 level of the set pieces to be anywhere near as good as the offset pieces available in the instance or from the vendor. The "buff" to the chest causes it to be devoid of defense so if you're pairing that with the other crafted items (pants definitely, boots maybe) than you'll risk getting close to the def minimum. Besides that defense is still a very valuable stat in and of itself not even taking the minimum into account.

No one knows if we'll even need the extra cooldown at this rate. You're much better off skipping the 4pc bonus for now and letting your shaman and hunter peers get their set pieces.

The set helm, shoulders and *maybe* gloves are worth it on their own merit. The vendor chest is better than the set chest and the crafted legs are better than the set legs.

This is the gear list I am personally looking to get. I dont have access to 25 man HMs so if you do your list will be different, but what I chose will get me hit/expertise capped, a nice chunk of avoidance and some extra armor pieces. Feel free to comment if you guys want. http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20732475#inventory

Edit: Forgot to switch the trinket, was thinking something along the lines of http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50344.

There may be a large hitting boss attack similar to Gormocks Impale in ICC later on
    A single attack happening once a minute and hitting hard enough that you will need +20% hp to survive it? Won't happen.

The only part of 4 part prot that might not be all that optimal will be shouders, and even they will just lack some stam.
    That's the main problem with T10, really. Where are my sockets?

sockets come in higher ilevels.

Quote Originally Posted by thrizie
    because 170 stam with no other benefit is better than 1790 armor + dodge on use right? >.>

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Orionsheart
    This is the gear list I am personally looking to get. I dont have access to 25 man HMs so if you do your list will be different, but what I chose will get me hit/expertise capped, a nice chunk of avoidance and some extra armor pieces. Feel free to comment if you guys want. http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20732475#inventory

Edit: Forgot to switch the trinket, was thinking something along the lines of http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50344.
    you should go for pillars of might (crafted legs) and go for the set chest because it is getting buffed. also i would probally go for the frost emblem cloak over the one you choose. but thats just my advise.