Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

First Content Patch of Cataclysm, 4.1

Hey everyone!

So yes I know it's very early to be bringing this up but I've been doing a lot of thinking and I came up with a very viable answer to what will be involved in the first major content patch of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

It would involve a raid and a CoT instance (The raid I would guarantee, the CoT instance is me being hopeful and creative =P)

What I'm talking about is the depths of Naz'jatar and facing Queen Azshara in her lair far below the Maelstrom, north of Sunken City of Vash'jir. There is so much lore and content they can put in this raid. The tomb of Sargeras, all that stuff.

As for the CoT instance, and I think this would be so epic...

Picture Culling of Stratholme (I just lost a bunch of you I'm sure of it). You're aiding Arthas in purging Stratholme. Well put yourself in a situation of running around with Tyrande Whisperwind and the Stormrage brothers 10,000 years ago storming the palace of Queen Azshara and attempting to stop her involvement with Sargeras's plan to drain the well. There is a strong story behind the trio's involvement in this. The instance has a time limit, or something that would involve timed progression through the instance, and you have to accomplish two things within that time period. First, attempt to stop Azshara and Sargeras, and second, escape quick enough to not be killed by the sundering.

Why is this a viable choice of a content patch?

Two main reasons I could think of. First, Azshara was listed by Blizzard in the important characters of Cataclysm on the official site, and is still there if you wanna check it out. And second, I think it goes very well with the whole Cataclysm theme, history repeating itself, sorta.

Would love to hear some comments, variations, etc!

Re: First Content Patch of Cataclysm, 4.1

What I think would be pretty cool for a CoT instance is also in the Tomb of Sargareas, but during the time Guldan is trying to take it's power.

The way I see it is the dragonflight would be trying to help Guldan succeed to much up the timeline. So you are sent back with demon skin illusions and maybe a flavored fight mechanic ability to go with whatever skin you have. You have to fight through the orcs and guldan's forces, aiding the burning legion along the way. It ends with you killing Guldan to maintain the timeline.

Chormie will then forget if this has ever occured yet.
    Is this where the header goes?

15+ Year Old Account

Why would we go there?

Quote Originally Posted by Avrianna
    What I'm talking about is the depths of Naz'jatar and facing Queen Azshara in her lair far below the Maelstrom, north of Sunken City of Vash'jir. There is so much lore and content they can put in this raid. The tomb of Sargeras, all that stuff.
    I'm actually still expecting Naz'jatar and the Maelstrom in general as an expansion in its own right, with perhaps Undermine as the neutral city. Rebuilt following the Cataclysm of course :P

There's a lot of South Seas stuff that 'probably' won't be covered by Cataclysm.
    ----------------------------------------
    1999 - 2001: Ultima Online
    2001 - 2004: Dark Age of Camelot
    2004 - Today: World of Warcraft
    *** 19 years of MMO gaming ***
    ----------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha
    Why would we go there?
    It's better then hanging around the Undercity and drinking soda.
    Is this where the header goes?

I'd prefer a CoT of the enounter between Deathwing and Gruul with Khadar Tury and Alleria.

Infinite flight is trying to stop you from Destroying Deathwings eggs.

Teaming up with Gruul would be epic :P

Quote Originally Posted by Avrianna
    Two main reasons I could think of. First, Azshara was listed by Blizzard in the important characters of Cataclysm on the official site, and is still there if you wanna check it out. And second, I think it goes very well with the whole Cataclysm theme, history repeating itself, sorta.
    This is true, but what you're forgetting is that while Azshara will be an important figure in Cataclysm, we won't fight her. It's been stated by Blizzard themselves, I'm guessing she gets an expansion of her own.

I kind of like your CoT idea, though

CoT Hogger would be more than Epic battle.I mean laugh all you want ,i know its funny ,but i belive a lot of fans would really like it ,even if its funny...

Not sure if it would be the first content patch or not, but I am really hoping that we'll see Fandral Staghelm make his big move into villainy. This is something that's been in the making for the past five years now, ever since we first met the bastard. My first thought was "who the hell is this guy and where the fuck is Malfurion?" Him being the arrogant ass that he is, insulting Tyrande? I've been wanting to raid that place for years now and throw him out of his own treehouse.

Now with Malfurion finally coming back, I'd like to think Staghelm did something bad, left, and became the boss of some new raid. Even more awesome though would be that he does whatever he's planning to do with all that Morrowgrain he's been collecting over the years and have it backfire. BOOM! Teldrassil, which was cursed anyway, then becomes the official WoW version of Chernobyl. All the night elves not loyal to Staghelm evac and the place becomes a nice new raid instance with him as the boss.

I can't think of much that would be sweeter than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    I'd prefer a CoT of the enounter between Deathwing and Gruul with Khadar Tury and Alleria.

Infinite flight is trying to stop you from Destroying Deathwings eggs.

Teaming up with Gruul would be epic :P
    That would be kind of awkward though, yes? Considering that in the present, you have helped one of Deathwing's sons almost all of Gruul's sons.

Not saying it wouldn't be awesome though.

15+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't mind a CoT where we play the "lesser" races. Re-live when humans moved in on Elwynn.. we fought bravely but they were many and our candles were few..

I think a CoT dungeon where we'd assist the orcs in their theft spree for Ner'zhul's relics would be interesting. Fighting alongside Grom Hellscream and Teron Gorefiend would be legendary in a sense.

As for the Infinite Dragonflight's reason for being there, it's a crucial point in history for the orcs and for Ner'zhul's eventual path to destroy Draenor and become the Lich King that they could disrupt.
    "Do not run! We are your friends!"

Quote Originally Posted by willjones410
    That would be kind of awkward though, yes? Considering that in the present, you have helped one of Deathwing's sons almost all of Gruul's sons.

Not saying it wouldn't be awesome though.
    Yes it would be an interesting flip on the situation... however if the Infinite Flight saved those eggs... then perhaps Deathwing would have conquered Draenor with the sheer numbers, Gruul would be dead. Why they would want that * shrugs * who knows I'm not a good lore writer :P

Just gives us a way to experience the awesome size of Deathwing, because Gruul is huge but dwarfed by Deathwing without having it be the final boss... we could defend Khadgar or something

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    I wouldn't mind a CoT where we play the "lesser" races. Re-live when humans moved in on Elwynn.. we fought bravely but they were many and our candles were few..
    HAH! candles are few :P

There is already a few CoT's were we assist the lesser races... In Durnholde we allow a lesser race to escape jail, We defend Medivh so that a lot of lesser races can flood Azeroth. you get the picture

Quote Originally Posted by Jurazz-Blammymatazz
    I think a CoT dungeon where we'd assist the orcs in their theft spree for Ner'zhul's relics would be interesting. Fighting alongside Grom Hellscream and Teron Gorefiend would be legendary in a sense.

As for the Infinite Dragonflight's reason for being there, it's a crucial point in history for the orcs and for Ner'zhul's eventual path to destroy Draenor and become the Lich King that they could disrupt.
    I don't think Grom was involved in any of the theft. He took the Skull of Guldan from the Bonechewers but it was not a part of the ritual :-\

Gorefiend took the Eye of Dalaran and neither went to the Tomb for the sceptor... I think Gorefiend got the book from Alterac as well..

Either way they could work something... there could be a ton of CoT's that would be awesome! ;D

10+ Year Old Account

Actually id rather they stop with COT for awhile id like to see it have its own Expansion with a Corrupt Nozdormu and COT becomes a Santcuary of different towns fused together from different time periods.

But id say its Gonna be an Elemental Boss Neptulon , AL'ALkir, possibily Ahune he really didnt get much air time and may still be in the services of Neptulon.I doubt will fight therazane since in lore she is supposedly the nice one of the bunch if you can call them any nice shed probably ally her self with the mortal races due to Deathwing taking her domain.and Ragnaros is gonna be around at launch.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

(Referring to Grom) "He was used with effectiveness by Ner'zhul in the aftermath of the second war. His forces combined with that of the Bleeding Hollow clan led by Kilrogg Deadeye were used in strategic hit and run raids designed to retrieve some of Azeroth's most powerful magical artifacts. "

Ner'zhul opened the portals and sent him through along with Deadeye and Gorefiend. Though he wasn't in those specific campaigns in WCII:Beyond the Dark Portal, he was lore-wise.

Deleted

(Referring to Grom) "He was used with effectiveness by Ner'zhul in the aftermath of the second war. His forces combined with that of the Bleeding Hollow clan led by Kilrogg Deadeye were used in strategic hit and run raids designed to retrieve some of Azeroth's most powerful magical artifacts. "

Ner'zhul opened the portals and sent him through along with Deadeye and Gorefiend. Though he wasn't in those specific campaigns in WCII:Beyond the Dark Portal, he was lore-wise.
    Kilrogg was really just the commander behind the attacks, he never left Ner'zhul's side during the item gathering.

lore-wise he was involved in retrieving the Skull of Gul'dan and later him and his clan left for dead by Nerz'hul when he left them at the Dark Portal with a so-called " shield " :P

Just finished the book last night.. so it's still mostly fresh ;D

Don't forget that Illidan Stormrage is there also

Thanks for clarifying the Ner'Zhul 'raids' for me guys...it'd still be interesting to participate in them though!

Deleted

Thanks for clarifying the Ner'Zhul 'raids' for me guys...it'd still be interesting to participate in them though!
    Especially attacking Dalaran with Teron Gorefiend. We'd get to ride on FUCKING DEATHWING! HELL YEAH!