Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What's your excuse for having no gems and enchants? (Level 80 toons)

Level 80 toons that have no gems and no enchants. Why? I also see a lot of Death Knights sitting around for months on end with absolutely no gems and enchants. Why would you not want to have maximum performance? Why not at least use entry level gems?

Deleted

Re: What's your excuse for having no gems and enchants? (Level 80 toons)

Casuals.

Maximum preformance from my newly-dinged 80 isn't much different than minimum preformance. If I plan on replacing something within a day or so, such as quest gear or something old, I won't waste mats and money gemming/enching it up. On a well-geared 80 those gems/ench add up to contribute greatly to your dps. On a new 80, they won't really help much because even if you go from 2k dps to 2.2k, people are still going to yell at you.

cause we like to piss off people who take the game too seriously?

In all fairness, whats the point in geming and enchanting an alt that will never really raid? A farm/ bank/ just for the lulz character doesnt need gems or enchants, and its peoples personal preference what they do with it.
    Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly

http://maggeddon.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/JSMcGough

I carry spare enchant mats/gems with me on my main, so if I get an upgrade mid raid I can hopefully have it rdy to go on the spot.

On my newly dinged pala though, im only chucking blue gems and no enchants on the blue gear, or BC enchants. Purely for the fact that within a week everything will of been replaced and it would of been a wasted 2k gold..
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

I never gem anything because it reduces flexibility. If I actually allocate gems into a slot it reduces the possible things I COULD put in that slot. Same with enchants. Same with talent points. Running around with a 0/0/0 build is optimal for flexibility because you can respec for any encounter on a dime. But you shouldn't, since doing so reduces your future potential flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

Gems and enchants cost money.
    I'm too lazy to grind for money.

A better question might be why a lot of people you see use the store-bought gems from Shath. These cost more and do far less than the green WOTLK gems.

But I guess they're:
    A cheap
    B clueless
    C ties in with cheap "waiting for upgrades"
    D all of the above

I simply don't get it, whenever I get a new toon at 80 (happens fairly often actually) I have all their gear enchanted with at least the cheapest acceptable stuff. Like a blue spellthread instead of an epic one, or blue/green gems instead of epic ones. Still only costs about 100-150g to enchant all your gear to an acceptable level.

Lack of knowledge, laziness, not carying about high end raiding, and many many more reasons ... atleast thats how i see it
    Diablo 3 - status - on, League of Legends - status- on, World of Warcraft - status - off

15+ Year Old Account

I often run around without a gem or 2 because I am farming the emblems to buy gems. I dont spend gold on gems, so unless I got the emblems saved up, I dont always have my gear gemmed immediately.

Also, I have 2 sets of gear, so if I get several new pieces in one week it can be tough to gem it all. But, I never go longer than a few days without a gem in an empty socket.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

Like some of the others have said, I usually won't gem/enchant blues. Low level epics, I'll put "2nd tier" gems/enchants on. I'm not going to pay an extra 150g per gem for an extra 8 AP in something I'm going to replace in a week.

Once I get higher level epics (226+, usually), I will put the top tier gems/enchants on them.

Im an altoholic, and I put cheap enchants on things that are 232, and dont start using real enchants till 245 items. Anything below 232 i dont even enchant, but will still put gems in.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

I dont dare waste money maybe the guy i brought it(char) from takes his<insert class> back.

all my toons are gemed and enchanted with the newest gems even on alts because i am unsure when the next unsure when that next biggest upgrade for me is... its more common for me to get something on my shaman than there is on my druid...but my hunter is still siting with crappy gear and nothing enhanted for the most part.

While leveling, I didn't put gems in, because it would require me to put gold for gear I would replace in 5 levels. But at 80, no excuse unless I'm replacing something in a day.

I don't gem or enchant my dk. I'm in blues and only use it to farm 1 heroic a day, which I still average ~3k in. Kinda detrimental to the money making if I'm spending money on gems.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

15+ Year Old Account

I dont need an excuse because there is nothing to excuse
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

My chest enchants are gone?
    oh... my pants must've eaten them again -.-
    "If the Burning Legion is such a problem why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a legion."

Only reason i wont gem/enchant is either:
    A) Im poor at the time i get the gear
    B) Not that big enough of an upgrade to enchant or put in epic gems

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I have no excuse my 80s are gemmed and enchanted to the max at all times, or as soon as I get new gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by tremors
    Divine Shield.. Never really stood the hole point of the "oh look at me im in a shiny bubble" I mean come on what does that shit even do?! Pointless waist of mana imo.