Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Best Spec for 80-85 leveling

as a protadin I might just random dungeon farm myself up to 85, or aoe farm if there are nice spots and then do the quests later to see how much money I can earn with them:P
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.

Id say resto.
    get a buddy dk/war/rogue doesnt matter any meelee class.
    you wont need to stop you wont die
    you can do 2man quests and even 5man quests .
    Pew pew

Best - Feral AoE bear farming.
    Funniest - Feral AoE bear farming.
    Hardest - Feral AoE bear farming.
    Coolest - Feral AoE bear farming.
    Get the point? (:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

I think leveling will be so fast come cataclysm, it won't matter much.

Plus doing quests is the fastest exp anyways, not grinding.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pullup
    Id say resto feral.
    get a buddy dk/war/rogue priest/druid/shaman doesnt matter any meelee healing class.
    you wont need to stop you wont die
    you can do 2man quests and even 5man quests.
    Fixed :P healing while leveling isnt as much fun as it can be end-game ^^

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee
    I'll probably level up in dungeons this round. The LFD tool is going to make it incredibly easy as a tank.
    better get some buddies and do that with a fixed group all over the day. so you gonna know their playstyle and all that, so those instances are even faster. In Random groups you will have a significant hit rate for douchebags, resulting in slowing you down.

I'd say it's pretty darn hard to tell since they plan on overhauling the talent system. But lets assume that they'll be fairly equal, quests will probably be the most efficient way to level, and that you can complete them with whatever spec you prefer to play as.
    Is this where the header goes?

10+ Year Old Account

Imo, no way to tell what the best leveling spec for any class will be till the 4.0 (aka pre-expansion) patch is released.

Talent trees will look completely different then they do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity

Ofcourse, but how many quests did you see in Northrend where you had to kill like 12 Vrykuls?
    Done in a minute instead of 3.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

After levelling a Mage, Rogue, Hunter, Druid and now a Priest, I would say without a doubt that a feral druid is by far the best and quickest (in my case) way to level, so I will be ditching my offspec boomkin in favour of feral come Cataclysm.
    <b>Soon</b>: Copyright 2004-2010 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity

Actually Blizzard stated more than once that they would like to make every single level after 80 feel like a huge achievement. Personally I expect a loss of speed in Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm expecting something like 4mio XP needed per levelup. and quests remain at roughly 30-40k (including heirlooms) as they are right know. And heavy lore and phasing while leveling.

Another Idea: Maybe they crop out experience at all and make something like level restrictions per zone and only if you have that "loremaster"-like achievement per zone including the achievements for the main quest lines in that zone, you are eligible for the levelup (so heirlooms as they were introduced with lvl 80 at first being useless. would make sense in my eyes...). something like that.
    At least it would fit the "huge achievement for every levelup"-scenery. It would also fit the lore which is surely needed for that azeroth-destruction-and-rebuild-thing going on in cataclysm.

however, I wouldn't want to be the/a quest designer if it would go that way. :P

They already said heirlooms wouldn't scale after 80 so I rather doubt the xp bonus from them will apply.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlZ
    Lets w8 till cata comes then we'll see
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Elune&cn=Nollie

Patch 4.0 decides it all.

There is no such thing as "best." ALL talent trees, glyphs, etc. are having HUGE changes in the 4.0 patch, so we'll all have to wait until then.

with the lgd change I wouldn't expect it to be easy to get into dungeons, I forsee the dungeons commonly being full.

Bliz said they wanted each level to feel like an achievement in the sense that you actually get things that are useful for every level rather than every 2 or 3. Gotta love going back to the trainer as feral when you level and you get new resto and balance spells but nothing useful for feral.

I will probably just level cat, based on wrath's beginning the lvl 78 mobs you'll start on will be 'mangle mangle roar dead.' That and 30% speed increase ftw.