Will there be another change or is that it for the ele 4pc?

So, when the elemental 4pc was announced it was discovered that it was going to cause more problems than benefits to the shaman dps rotation. Blizz took the feedback onboard and started to work on fixes, the first solution they came up with had its problems so they went back to the drawing board and came up with what we have now:

Every time you cast Lava Burst and it deals damage to the target you increase the duration of Flame Shock by 6 seconds.

They said that this was not set in stone and that it might change again before they patch it in, as it stands this 4pc is quite frankly... dogshit, I know that there are a lot of other things to do outside of fixing the elemental T10 but a little attention or at least some aknowledgement of the feedback and a response saying what they are planning would be nice. If this 4pc set bonus is going to stay as it is please announce it so that people can make gearing decsions appropriately. They have time to fix little bugs with the warlock t10, I can't help but feel slighted that they are not putting some more time to something that just flat out doesnt work. I know I know "lol ur a shaman they h8 u gt used 2 it"

The patch is probably going live on tuesday and unless they plan to add the initial 4pc to the latest one ie: reduce the CD of LvB by 1.5 sec and let us increase the duration of FS by 6 sec every time we cast LvB. I really fail to see how this 4pc even comes close to doing us justice.

I know its naive to hope for a change between now and patch day but I am still keeping my hopes up.

Re: Will there be another change or is that it for the ele 4pc?

They said that it might change before the patch goes live. You can check it in the Blue Posts section.

I really hope they change it. Doing the napkin math its the worst bonus of any set. Most sets 2pc offers more than the 75dps or so this gives.

With how bad ele DPS is I think they should make your 4pc do some ungodly high amount of your LvB damage over time in addition to the hit(75%?). Or make you LB crits add a dot for a small, but not insignificant, amount of the damage.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    With how bad ele DPS is I think they should make your 4pc do some ungodly high amount of your LvB damage over time in addition to the hit(75%?). Or make you LB crits add a dot for a small, but not insignificant, amount of the damage.
    I am all for this... basically give us the t9 4pc AND the proposed t10 4pc... I think that would about fix it. I mean the t9 used to be double what it is now... so its already worth half whatever ilvl allocation they gave it, the proposed t10 4pc while total garbage... probably will account for the other half.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklebox
    I really hope they change it. Doing the napkin math its the worst bonus of any set. Most sets 2pc offers more than the 75dps or so this gives.
    Apologies for being blunt, but I'm astonished at how prevalent this sort of misinformation is on this forum:

The 4-piece tier 10 set bonus is worth WAY more than 75 DPS. 2t9 was worth more than 75 DPS. The napkin math is wrong.

Ahem. :-[

Based on extensive formulation and some simulation, the real value of the 4-piece is around 200-250 DPS, and is even a decent boost in high movement fights if we can use Frost Shock instead of Flame Shock. This is, by the way, better than any other set bonus this expansion except 4t8, so can we please perhaps stop crying about it?
    Zamir's Blog // Elemental Beginner's Guide // Elemental ZAP! Spreadsheet // TotemSpot Community

Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies you will not find another.
    -- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Zamir
    Apologies for being blunt, but I'm astonished at how prevalent this sort of misinformation is on this forum:

The 4-piece tier 10 set bonus is worth WAY more than 75 DPS. 2t9 was worth more than 75 DPS. The napkin math is wrong.

Ahem. :-[

Based on extensive formulation and some simulation, the real value of the 4-piece is around 200-250 DPS, and is even a decent boost in high movement fights if we can use Frost Shock instead of Flame Shock. This is, by the way, better than any other set bonus this expansion except 4t8, so can we please perhaps stop crying about it?
    200-250 dps increase on movement fight. But 100-150 dps increase for PW fights. (-2 Flame shock hits +2 Lightning bolts +2 Flame shock dots)
    We all know that as soon as an elem shaman needs to move. he suffers the most DPS lost.
    So this is a classfix for us?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mazrigos&n=Wannablast

By the time you figure shamanism, crits and overload. Still worse than the bonuses some classes get from even just their 2pc.

both ret bonuses are worth well more than 250 DPS, and ret already had a substantial lead on ele shaman on any fight not requiring a lot of target swapping. By blizz theory, as hybrids, we should be equals given all the correct raid buffs. So, no, 250DPS increase is damn far from enough Zamir.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

The point is that it's in line with our other set bonuses, even somewhat better - and it's quite resilient (responds well to movement, though not to multiple soft targets). If we're hoping on a set bonus to "fix" our class-spec problems, then I think we're looking in the wrong place.

I've said elsewhere that I don't think our problems will be properly addressed in WotLK, but I do think Blizzard are doing a reasonable job of keeping us raid viable. The fact that they've changed this set bonus twice is evidence of their commitment to that. The fact that it's still rather unexciting and (compared to other class's set bonuses) underwhelming is evidence of the poor state of elemental shaman "design vision" rather than any malintent on their part.

In this sense, nothing short of a major visionary-level redesign will be "enough", so I don't think it's fair to expect a set bonus to fill that gap.
    Zamir's Blog // Elemental Beginner's Guide // Elemental ZAP! Spreadsheet // TotemSpot Community

Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies you will not find another.
    -- Carl Sagan

The point is that the current tier 9 bonus is a fucking joke......now they make it every time ur lvb hits u add 6 seconds to flame shock.....is this a fucking joke? Look at all the other classes tier 10 bonuses...We dont even compare. Several actually add dmg. Ours is a joke hands down. Hell, I think that our 2 piece is worth hella more then this crap they are coming up with for our 4 piece. Blizz maybe you should start taking into account some adv ice on tier 9 from some of the players because obviously almost every single shammy says the same thing, myself being included. I know that gearscore does not mean everything in WoW so when i say this dont take it the wrong way, and im by no means bad at my class, however, i ran a daily heroic today and ALMOST go out dps'd by a hunter with hella less gear then myself which to me makes no sense. Need more dps to shaman dps hands down. And the tier 10 four piece bonuses you are suggesting is just a joke.....FIX it please.

If you want to help to change it, go bump the suggestion/shaman forums on the WoW community forums. Every person is needed! Under the poster "Photofinish".
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Smolderthorn&cn=Nathyrra