copying addon settings

Is there anyway to copy addon settings from one charr to other? etc, I've got many UI addons and don't want to set up positons, side and else for every single character.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: copying addon settings

Most addons have a "profile" system, where you can go into that addon's settings and tell it to use the profile that the character you've already set it up on is using.

Yes, i know that, but when i use setings from other profile for my bartender, for example, it still has no usage because other addons are on default settings.

You go into the C:\Games\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\[ACCOUNT NAME]\[SERVER]\[CHARACTER NAME]

And copy the Saved Variables file, or copy the whole folder and paste it in the wanted(the other characters) folder.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mirakh
    You go into the C:\Games\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\[ACCOUNT NAME]\[SERVER]\[CHARACTER NAME]

And copy the Saved Variables file, or copy the whole folder and paste it in the wanted(the other characters) folder.
    This only works for addon that use the blizzard per-character settings system.
    Most addons work off the "profile" system described above and work on the client's per-account settings system.
    Go to all your addons' configuration panels (one by one) and "Copy from" the profile you wish to use.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Or just tell it to use the proper profile. I have a "Levelling" profile and an "80" profile on all my addons, and just set each character to the right profile - Levelling for non-80s and 80 for 80s. :P