Quick gem question

Just a quick question about gemming, would it be worth me to get the 20 AP and 10 haste in all of my sockets minus yellow and red giving socket bonuses (20 haste and 40 AP if they give socket bonuses). or what gemming I should do relevant to that if I'm off and it's worth it.

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aver&cn=Aestis

Re: Quick gem question

im going to say now before anyone else does, use the spreadsheet. It will tell you when to gem for what, and when you need to change out gemming cos of different gear sets for optimal DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Aestis teh Rogue
    Just a quick question about gemming, would it be worth me to get the 20 AP and 10 haste in all of my sockets minus yellow and red giving socket bonuses (20 haste and 40 AP if they give socket bonuses). or what gemming I should do relevant to that if I'm off and it's worth it.

Your question is phrased pretty poorly but this is what I gather you're asking.

In a chest with a yellow socket and a red socket you would gem 20 Haste and 40 AP respectively. In a chest with a blue and red socket you would gem 20AP/10Haste in the blue and 20AP/10 Haste in the red.

If that is not true than you'll need to word it differently.

I don't understand your question, but your gear is currently gemmed correctly, unless your haste EP is higher than 2.

Just check a spreadsheet for what stat has the highest EP with your gear and gem that stat everywhere, and use the best possible orange gem where needed to get socket bonuses.

My apologies for the wording, ok so, should I keep my current gems the way they are, or should I be changeing some of the 40 AP for 20 ap and 10 haste or 20 haste, as I've seen some other rogues do.

My apologies for the wording, ok so, should I keep my current gems the way they are, or should I be changeing some of the 40 AP for 20 ap and 10 haste or 20 haste, as I've seen some other rogues do.
    It's simple. First you get a spreadsheet, and check the EP of haste with your gear.

If haste EP is lower than 2, you gem 40 AP in red sockets, and use 20 AP/10 haste in yellow sockets to get socket bonuses.

If haste EP is higher than 2 , you gem 20 haste in your yellow sockets, and 10 haste/20 ap in red sockets to get socket bonuses.

If haste EP changes somewhere in between, you use a mix of the 2 gemming styles.