Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Cataclysm Warrior Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS
    Oh man, I have wanted this since mobs were knocking me back with shield slams in Scarlet Monastery.
    No knockback, knockdown or knockup. Back is bad since they are out of melee range, up is best since you send the enemy arse over teakettle. (Play City of Heroes and use the Super Strength power Knockout Blow to get an idea of what I'm talking about.)

10+ Year Old Account

To do equal dps to Dk's and Ferals in equal gear and not be currently bottom of the melee hybrid Dps pile (Rets can beats us just not many are good enough)

i want that 12hr stun that some of the severed essence give to our tanks in icc

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

you guys say aoe stuns are op and people would cry... warlocks have shadow fury... aoe stun... what I would like to see is heroic leap with a similar type of aoe stun. If thunder clap could leave little electric charges on the ground for aoe threat, that could be fun also

Quote Originally Posted by viau
    you guys say aoe stuns are op and people would cry... warlocks have shadow fury... aoe stun... what I would like to see is heroic leap with a similar type of aoe stun. If thunder clap could leave little electric charges on the ground for aoe threat, that could be fun also
    Plate > Cloth. Just sayin'.

A heroic leap that makes a aoe dmg when you land, similar to TC but maybe just dazes the enemy, just taking a small leap like TC just don't work for me.
    I want my warrior to jump up and really smash the ground. And it would be fun to start group pulls with jumping right in to them. Give it a... 20 yard range maybe.

To make cleave and HS similar to pet ability's, right click so it always activates when your over ~35 rage.

That WW and Blade storm hits more then 4 targets. Whats the logic in it just hitting 4 targets?

Not to derail the thread but I want to point out a few things some peeps have said:

1. Our AOE damage is fine. Boosting dps for whelps? Really? As long as they die, it's fine by me (DK diseases, etc). Cleave + WW is already a powerful combo. If they boosted either in anyway, I'm sure there would be a significant nerf to the single target damage.
    2. Getting rid of stances made me chuckle. It's a classic part of being a warrior and how to manage stances/rage. If you don't like stances, I don't know why you kept playing a warrior. If you don't like the game telling you that the skill requires a different stance, make a macro so it switches you into the right one.
    3. 1h fury pve? You don't like looking eff'in bad ass with 2 massive 2h'ers?

Anyways, to highlight a few wishes:
    1. Longer shouts please!
    2. Increased damage during Bloodrage sounds cool, even 5% or something small.
    3. A sustained or pulsed aoe threat damage, such as an electrical field from TC, would be cool. A guildie of mine shot this down saying it would make us too much like DK/Paladins. GC mentioned tanks becoming too similar.
    4. Always wondered why me charging like mad never had a knockback with the stun. It's not like I'm slamming my full body weight into the enemy. :

If it has to be an AoE threat thing for warriors, i hope it would be called:

Shouting Obscenities

You start Shouting obscenities in an area, causing X amount of damage over 8 seconds. This causes a large amount of threat.

It makes sense anyways, You have mocking blow, Challenging shout, Taunting. All these involve insulting or striking chords on your soon to be brutally killed monsters/rebels/other.

Just the thought of the AoE being just a prolonged electric effect on the ground seems a little too... mystical or magical for a warrior.

What's that? Oh you want SOME effect to differentiate between effects like Death and Decay, or Consecration you say?

EASY! you have the same circular effect that DnD and Blizzard share, but have it in an glowy orange, then have multiple symbols floating above and moving in a circular motion.

& $ # ! ? ^ * $. Symbols such as these floating in the air.

I honestly think is my greatest idea yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad
    This this oh my god this. Couple days ago I was at 95% almost the entire Deathbringer doing 10.5k DPS for a while but had to slow down and let tanks keep threat so my DPS dropped about 1k.
    You knwo you dont overaggro until 120% right ;P? And btw was this with vigi?
    Evil people on cell phones preventing me having a sig!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koedy
    Blizzard paid Iceland to start this real-life volcano event!!!! Deathwing is coming!!

Re: Cataclysm Warrior Wishlist

A small idea for deepening the Fury warrior rotation a tiny bit and in the same time to add some slight utility to dps warriors without making the class/spec overpowered or upsetting the inexistent pvp balance.

Ability: Crack Armor. Berserker Stance. Learned at level 75.

Rage cost 15, on GCD, shares cooldown with Sunder Armor.
    Range 25 yards, Party only.
    Increases your armor penetration by 2% and your parties members by 1%.

Duration 15 seconds, stacks up to 5 times.

And a Glyph Idea.

Tied to the ability:

Glyph of Crack Armor.
    Minor.
    Grants you 5 Strength per stack of Crack Armor.

Got it from another thread, I <3 it. Also, can be used in battle stance aswell, and it technically isnt ArP rating. It's like Mace Specialization.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

I want sweeping strikes to have a bit of a bonus/rework, aswell.

It seems a bit...bland...Maybe increased damage during the duration at the expense of a longer cooldown?

Maybe all hits hit another target for 10 seconds instead of 5 hits over 30?

idk... As arms there is really only 1 useful semi-single-target CD, Bladestorm...
    But next xpac I can get Death Wish too, so I guess I shouldnt complain...

Sweeping Strikes + Deathwish + Bladestorm

I can already hear priests crying

They better not nerf any of those abilities for that reason...or i'll be pissed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    To be fair, for the sake of everyone, i think a persistent AoE would be a good idea. Whether this is an aura that pulses for a few seconds around the target, or something like DND or Consecration.

I'd also say give some sort of threat reduction to Arms and Fury. I don't play a Warrior so i can't say much about either spec, but it's quite often our DPS Warrior who comes incredibly close to the tanks on threat.

Nah, the PvP'ers would cry too much especially since AoE stuns are overpowered in everyone's eyes. Making Shockwave a full-on AoE stun would be too far.
    I would love a link to that blue post about warriors getting more innate threat reduction because I have never ever seen any post even hinting about that.

1. Threat dump/reduction ability

2. Lower heroic strikes threat when in berserker stance

3. Lower arms threat and increase arms damage significantly as the correlation is currently horrible.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphon
    3. 1h fury pve? You don't like looking eff'in bad ass with 2 massive 2h'ers?
    No. I liked it better when rage didn't come in chunks of 50-100+ (and thus wasting rage), more numbers were flying around due to lower attack speed and it took, at most, 2.7 seconds from queuing a HS/cleave till it actually it.

Increased damage from Bloodthirst, but longer CD (6 seconds again please!).

Better sustained AoE threat, preferably through adding a DoT component to Thunderclap, just not a bleed. Powerful enough to let AoE DPS let loose a bit, but not as powerful as DnD/Consecration.

More rage normalization. As DPS I'm tired of being double impaired at lower gear levels due to the exponential scaling of rage generation (especially since Blizzard usually balances warrior assuming they have endgame gear and thus hurt warriors who do not have access to this gear, i.e. me). As tank I'm tired of never having rage when I'm tanking trivial content or dodge/parry a couple of consecutive attacks - especially after I tried tanking with a well geared druid, who can generate 100 rage in a few seconds with autoattacks alone.

No rage generation from damage taken. This is mostly a problem as DPS, where it's hard to keep up with other classes on fights where I'm not taking much damage (and thus not gaining any "bonus" rage), Saurfang and Patchwerk are the best examples of this. For tanks there could be a talent like Endless Rage in the prot tree to further help alleviate the rage problem while tanking trivial content. If not placed to deep in the prot tree it could also open up for some interesting hybrid builds focused on high rage generation.

Heroic strike/cleave. Higher damage+cost depending on how much rage is available would be nice. I don't mind the on-next-swing nature if only I didn't have to press the button so often to be sure not to miss any swings when the rage is available.

Threat reduction while DPS'ing.

DPS to be on par with other tanks.

Glyphs for shield wall/last stand removed (possibly just shield wall) and base cooldowns lowered, so I don't feel like I have to waste a glyph slot to get a decent CD, when I could be using more "fun" glyphs such as glyph of revenge/heroic strike/cleave.

Fury to be more then just "viable" in pvp.

I'd really like Fury to be an attractive PVP spec as well as an attractive PVE spec.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Bring back 1h Fury!

Warrior tanks are fine, I dont meed an AOE(steady 10k tps on 10 mobs) and doing 20k steady on bosses, if your tanks cant, tell them to l2p

edit: what zyhon said
    except with the pulsing aoe threat thing

1H Fury and better (unlimited target) AoE

Currently they won't go with unlimited target AoE as Cleave+WW hit hard with 2h's, with 1h's they do less so they could buff our AoE capabilities.
    Also I don't like chunky rage, when the RNG-gods are out to get you and you miss 2-3x in a row with below 20 rage you're kinda fucked.
    First Rule of MMO's:
    -Those who have accomplished less than you are noobs.
    -Those who have accomplished more than you are no-lifers.

Overhaul the class so we are not so fckin dependent on gear, i.e. rage normalization.

I just want them to implement all the things they took out from wotlk beta. AOE rend + crazy 50 ft jump (cant remember the name).

walls o' textual eyerape
    IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES THEIR ANAL VIRGINITY