Help Evaluate My Feral DPS

Hello, long time reader, low time poster.

I play a Tauren Feral Kitty, Armory Link

My Dilemma: Currently Gemming Agility balancing ~723 ArPen from gear using Needle-Encrusted Scorpion

I have Deathbringer's Will (I'm a lucky SoB).
    I just very recently upgraded my 232 T9 to 264 T10 legs, breaking my 2p T9 Bonus. So now have 3pc T10. (This was done partly against my better judgement, but the dps change is minimally visible for me.)

Essentially, I'm seeing ~6k on normal fights like Beasts, in 10m ICC I'm seeing ~7.5k on fights like Saurfang. What can I do to increase my dps? I have a very strong feeling it's not up to par.

I usually have 98%+ uptime on Savage Roar.
    I have priorities keeping up Mangle, Rip, Rake, and seeing 2-3 shreds per rip. (Trying to get used to losing those 3 seconds of Rake.)
    I do not have a mangle bot in my 10 man. I do not always get hysteria OR tricks in my raids. (We have a rogue and Blood DK Tank)

I eat +20 agi food.

My Hit is not capped! I'm at 220 rating, this happened when I switched legs...
    What to do: ?

Change my +10 stats gem to somewhere else? Gem some Strength and/or Haste?

Suggestions welcomed. Currently have access to 4/12 on 25 man ( 10 man guild focus ) and casually working on increasing my 5/12 10 man progress to give an idea of the gear I have access to.

Any tips appreciated. I'm an avid reader of theory, I use Tossk's, rawr, and askmrrobot.com (all of which show my "theoretical dps" closer to 9-10k.

Re: Help Evaluate My Feral DPS

Can you provide any logs? They're usually the key to evaluation your dps, as what the problem usually is for such a huge gap in DPS is the rotation.

You are incredibly right. However, I can't provide any logs at this time, I meant to do that last night!! At work today. Maybe I'll necro this thread with a parse later.

Until then, any specific tips that can be conjured by evaluating my armory link ( lol another one of these threads ) . . . I'm just being told by random people that my dps should be higher for my gear.

Generally your gear is a better than mine (I have 2T9/2T10 with heroic gloves of silver assassin) while our dps is about the same on Saurfang. You should consider getting another piece of triumph set gear for the 2pc T9 bonus until you can get 4pc T10. I know that with my gear the 2pc T9 is greater than the stat increase from any one piece of gear. Also, you DEFINITELY need a better weapon. Either of the staffs / polearms from ToC 25 normal would be an improvement and would greatly improve your dps. Gratz on the trinket you f'n bastard.

Also, with a different weapon and some regemming you could get pretty close to the arm pen hard cap. Run RAWR and see what that does for you. I bet dropping NES for DMC:G or some other trinket at 1200 armor penetration is better than your current set up

The single biggest and easiest upgrade for you would be a weapon... Hellion Glaive or Twin's Pact would be fine for a start. You could drop some emblems on a nice cloak upgrade too if you wanted, or shoot for the 10 man tribute cloak.
    Only users lose drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell123
    Generally your gear is a better than mine (I have 2T9/2T10 with heroic gloves of silver assassin) while our dps is about the same on Saurfang. You should consider getting another piece of triumph set gear for the 2pc T9 bonus until you can get 4pc T10. I know that with my gear the 2pc T9 is greater than the stat increase from any one piece of gear. Also, you DEFINITELY need a better weapon. Either of the staffs / polearms from ToC 25 normal would be an improvement and would greatly improve your dps. Gratz on the trinket you f'n bastard.
    Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate the comparison to people in similar gear. I know I need a new weapon, I've been plagued with terrible drop chances/loot as 50% of the content I run is 100% pugged, led by me.

I guess more or less, I'd be interested to see this thread turn more towards what I can be doing with current gear, (tier bonus discussion, gemming, rotation issues) versus what gear I should be aiming for. (I have a wish list compiled...getting my wishes to come true is something else!)

Thank you all in advance and for the already posted comments, every comment has helped thus far.

You should wear T9 245 shoulders until you get 4/4 t10. The stat upgrades on the shoulders are not big enough to neglect the bonus rake time.

Again, your weapon is awful. Hellion Glaive, Twin's pact, Hersir's Greatspear, or any other drops from ICC are better than what you have.

Upgrade your cloak as well, it's pretty weak.

I'm not big on imp swipe unless you're in a fight that's very cleave oriented. Swipe doesn't igve you combo points and it costs a huge amount of energy. Aside from Gunship there's no reason you should be using it in ICC. Slimes on professor should be focus fired, not cleaved. You should max out Feral Aggression, and if you don't have another feral then you're hurting the raid by going without imp lotp.

Thanks for the tips, I'd definitely try to pickup some of those pieces; I can't immediately get the 245 shoulders, puts me in the same dilemma of wearing 232 gear until the 245, which should be fine I guess.

As much as this game is turning into a loot pinata, imagine my candy bag is much smaller than everyone else. Lost an upgrade cloak to a hunter last week asking if Mail was the most ideal armor class for him. . .

Deleted

Even using T9.232 shoulders would be an upgrade for you atm, the 2T9 bonus puts them about 120 dps above the T10.251 shoulders.

I'd also replace the agi+crit gems with agi+haste gems, since with the DBW proc you will go over the white crit cap.

Last thing, yellow sockets with decent bonuses are usually worth gemming for (boots/legs/ring), only reason not to would be if you'd need every last scrap of gems to get to the arpen hardcap.